Author Topic: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 19: Birthday Surprise  (Read 43001 times)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 12: The Mummy
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
I've never actually seen a mummy (I'm not too big on adventuring) but Donovan made me laugh. Don't know how. The last photo is really amazing!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »
Great update, Happy Birthday Donovan and welcome Sandy! :D
Thanks Fez for always being such a faithful reader (and commenter)! I'm glad you enjoyed it!:)

Your screenshots are amazing. Makes me wish I had WA. Welcome Sandy, too!
Thank you! World Adventures is definitely one of my favorite expansions.

The picture of the sphinx is awesome! Can't wait to see what happens next. :)
Oh just wait till you see the other ones! I had chills when it happened in game it was so awesome!
And referring to your previous comment above the update, I have no idea why he went into the fridge like that, but I definitely have some weird movement issues in this family.

I've never actually seen a mummy (I'm not too big on adventuring) but Donovan made me laugh. Don't know how. The last photo is really amazing!
Well adventuring is really fun once you get into it! I'm wondering just how Donovan made you laugh, although he does tend to make some quirky faces every now and again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
Awesome mummy pictures!  Any time I've seen a mummy in my dynasty I've been so freaked out about being cursed that I never get any really good screenshots.   ;D

I can't wait to see what happens to Donovan - hopefully he can break the curse and continue the dynasty!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:51 AM »
Oh no! I always play with cheats, so I've never had a cursed Sim. I do hope Donovan breaks the curse! :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Awesome mummy pictures!  Any time I've seen a mummy in my dynasty I've been so freaked out about being cursed that I never get any really good screenshots.   ;D

I can't wait to see what happens to Donovan - hopefully he can break the curse and continue the dynasty!
Thanks! Yeah my heart skipped a beat when I realized he should not have opened that sarcophagus. And I hope he breaks it too!

Oh no! I always play with cheats, so I've never had a cursed Sim. I do hope Donovan breaks the curse! :D
Yeah, when I travel I usually do and in Dynasties this is the first time I've ever been adventuring.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 13: Soulpeace
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
Chapter 13: Soulpeace

I arrived at the Sphinx early the next morning...I sat at the foot of the Sphinx hoping by some miracle that I would be answered.
Before I knew it, a hue of green sparkles surrounded me and I began to levitate, just like in my dream!

All of a sudden I heard a roar and a strong gust of wind began swirling around me. In an instant the eyes of the Sphinx opened and a bright light began to shine through. The light then traveled down around me leading me towards the heart of the Sphinx.

I followed the guiding light until it disappeared revealing the doors of the Sphinx opened.

The next few days stuck inside this ginormous cat-hybrid were not easy.
I encountered numerous bug attacks.

(You'd think I'd be more cautious when sticking my bare hand down a mysterious hole in the ground..)

Traps...

Thankfully, I did not encounter any more Mummies on this adventure!

I even found the room where all the famous pharaohs used to hold secret meetings with their advisers. It was pretty awesome to be around so much history.

I also had a chance to ditch that good ole' tent of mine for a comfy bed. It kind of smelled like mildew but anything beats sleeping on the ground.

After I woke up the next day, I followed down a long stone corridor, and at the end was a simple plaque that read: "The violet path is the chosen path when air turns to water. Do not stray into the pools of darkness!"

When I opened the door, the lights turned a violet color, I could feel the strength of the Sphinx's power surrounding me. I knew I had to be close to being cleansed.

As I entered the room, it was filled with 4 wells, 3 were dark colors and one was violet. Well, you know which one I picked!

I jumped into the well, and surfaced at a completely different part of the Sphinx. I came to a room filled with statues and there was a room in the center of it. I could hear sweet music trailing across the room. My spirit felt uplifted and I knew I had found the room that could save my soul.

As I walked through the arches, I saw in the center of the room the Soulpeace Statue. I knew from my studies that this was the sacred statue that granted soul cleansing. So, I began the ritual.

The music I had heard before began to get louder and louder. The room began to swirl around me as I felt the Soulpeace statue begin to answer my plea.

I was enveloped within the power of the Soulpeace, and before I realized it I was lowered back to the ground.

At that moment I heard a soft voice in my head.
" You have been cleansed of the Mummy's Curse, and have had the Blessing of the Sphinx bestowed upon you, which shall help protect you in your travels."

The Soupeace Statue had granted my request!! I was ecstatic to know I was going to live! I raced back to base camp and retold my adventure to my beloved grandmother. Of course she was a little sad that I hadn't told her my troubles, but she was relieved to know I was safe. Although, I had to promise her I would never open up a sacophagus again!

Oh, and before I end my story I did want to let you guys know I had tried a previous time to try and get rid of my curse. I had read somewhere that if I somehow seduced the great cobra in my snake basket to kiss me I'd also be cured.

Needless to say this method did not work. I recommend the much cooler option of going to the Sphinx :)

Until next time my friends!

Sincerely,
          Donovan

loveSims

« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »
Awesome update! I love the pictures. I'm glad Donovan is ok. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:05 AM »
Yay, Donovan is saved!!!  That was one of the best dynasty updates EVER!  I especially loved the pic at the end with the snake charming basket. 

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
Thanks Lovesims!

Yay, Donovan is saved!!!  That was one of the best dynasty updates EVER!  I especially loved the pic at the end with the snake charming basket. 
Thanks! I'm glad you think so :) I have been very proud of how these last two updates have went.
Yeah I couldn't help but laugh when I saw his eyes go cross-eyed! Now he wants to charm the snake ALL the time. I'm tempted to sell the darn thing.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:12 PM »
Haha, my Sims can never get away from the snake basket, either. :P That was an amazing update, the writing was brilliant and the screenshots were outstanding, as usual! :D I especially loved the second screenie, the one of the sphinx and the light from its' eyes. Beautiful. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »
Sorry it's been awhile guys! I have been so busy with school work and I just moved (again) this weekend so I have stuff in boxes and suitcases everywhere! I really haven't had a chance to keep up with anything as of late. Also some family friends of ours baby just passed away so I just got back from the viewing (He was only 17 days old :( ), and my baby cousin just had his last surgery to reattach his large intestines. He was born two months premature and had a lot of perforations in his intestines so it's been a battle trying to keep it under control, but thankfully he made tremendous improvements and was able to come home right before Christmas! But I promise you aren't missing anything. The Mitz are just in limbo right now. As soon as I can I'll try and play so I can pump out another update.
Thanks for all your support! :)

Haha, my Sims can never get away from the snake basket, either. :P That was an amazing update, the writing was brilliant and the screenshots were outstanding, as usual! :D I especially loved the second screenie, the one of the sphinx and the light from its' eyes. Beautiful. :)

Thanks Fez! I thought the entire sphinx deal was just AWESOME! I kind of just want to do it again to see the eyes light up.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 03:48:20 AM »
Ohhhh I hope things improve for your family and friends. My best wishes to all of you!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:51 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about the baby and your cousin and hope he gets better. Those pics are awesome, and I love the Sphinx. Glad he got cured. I've only done the Sphinx once, and it was with my sim-self. It was spectacular! Awesome updates!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
Thanks you two!

I went to the hospital tonight and got to see my cousin. It was so awesome because I got to touch him for the first time too, he's such a cutie pie! The doctors said he will only have to be in the hospital for 5 to 10 days and then he can go on home. :)

I've played a few more times since I last posted so hopefully I have enough pictures to produce an update soon!

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2012, 12:25:49 AM »
Awww, I'm glad your cousin is doing well!  Surgery is especially scary when a baby is involved in my opinion.  Here's hoping that he recovers quickly and has a long and happy life ahead of him!