Author Topic: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 19: Birthday Surprise  (Read 42945 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Merry Christmas!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 04:56:07 AM »
Psssst Kattiq, Ohio rules. While you're visiting family, feel free to pop in and visit me.  ;D Have a very Merry Christmas!! Lol loveSims, I didn't know that!! Whoops.  ;D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Merry Christmas! Great update but if you choose Dom it will be very funny to me lol! Dom mean stupid in Afrikaans ;D
Thanks! Yeah I would choose Dom but it reminds me of a boy's name.. I'm pretty sure I had a guy friend named that :P

Psssst Kattiq, Ohio rules. While you're visiting family, feel free to pop in and visit me.  ;D Have a very Merry Christmas!! Lol loveSims, I didn't know that!! Whoops.  ;D
Haha, I love Ohio! We always go to Heartville to the fleamarkets and stuff. Is it snowing?? It's only 51 in Alabama and I want some snow!!! I'll be near Akron where are you at?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 09:44:18 AM »
No way I wish it was snowing! I normally hate snow, but Christmas is supposed to be white!! I'm about an hour away from Columbus. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your visit with your family!!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »
No way I wish it was snowing! I normally hate snow, but Christmas is supposed to be white!! I'm about an hour away from Columbus. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your visit with your family!!
Aw man! Well maybe it'll snow when I get there :P it's all rainy and cold right now.. I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!! :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
Merry Christmas, Kattiq! ^_^

This is a brilliant dynasty, you write so well! I adore the backstory with the Khalid book, it's really well thought out and awesome! I cannot wait to read more. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
Merry Christmas, Kattiq! ^_^

This is a brilliant dynasty, you write so well! I adore the backstory with the Khalid book, it's really well thought out and awesome! I cannot wait to read more. :)
Thanks girl! :) I appreciate your compliments.. They keep me going!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 6: It's My Life!
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
This is a good story, I can't wait for more! Ben does seem to have some good genetics, which is always a plus in a dynasty house.

All the cute pet screens make me so jealous, I need to buy that expansion soon.

Good luck getting Aria to immortality, the first one is always the hardest, but it seems like you're right on track.

I would definitely pick Nikki for a nick name for Dominique, I only know one Dominique in real life, and that's the only abreviation she'll let other people use.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 6: It's My Life!
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
This is a good story, I can't wait for more! Ben does seem to have some good genetics, which is always a plus in a dynasty house.
All the cute pet screens make me so jealous, I need to buy that expansion soon.
Good luck getting Aria to immortality, the first one is always the hardest, but it seems like you're right on track.
I would definitely pick Nikki for a nick name for Dominique, I only know one Dominique in real life, and that's the only abreviation she'll let other people use.

I know! I love getting good genetics but that are unique.
& YES you do!! Pets is probably by far the best expansion yet. And Aria is almost there! I can't wait to just get her there because it is the hardest and then from there I just hope my game doesn't get too glitchy :P I might go with Nikki because it seems to be the most popular choice :)
Thanks for reading Juxt!

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 7: Ahela Ukhti
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Chapter 7: Ahela Ukhti or "Hello Sister"

Though my life here in Appaloosa Plains has been beautiful so far, I still miss the yellow sands of my home. Ben tells me that sometimes in my dreams I speak in my language, rattling off in a monologue for several minutes on end. Of course, I never remember doing that except one night I do recall I had a dream about my sister. I realize I failed to ever mention why she never came with me. To be honest, I have not talked to her in years. The reason being is as soon as we both were old enough to establish ourselves she ran off with a random man, which whom I did not approve of, neither did my Uncle. It was hard at first because she was the only immediate family I had left, I tried sending her letters hoping that I had somehow reached her. However, I never received a letter in all those years until today when I checked the mail!

She explained that she had moved back into our home town. She was still with the man she ran off with years ago, and that she hoped I was no longer mad at her. She urged me to come visit, but I was apprehensive. I wasn't sure I wanted all those suppressed feelings and emotions to come out just yet. I was happy here, I didn't want to involve my family in my old squabbles.

However, I failed to hide the letter well and Ben found the letters. He presented me, along with Chris and his love Nikki with airplane tickets. I guess it was now or never.

When we arrived, I braced myself for the unexpected future. I was scared, excited, and hopeful all at the same time.

The only thing my sister had failed to mention was what house she actually lived in. So I had to go around like a fool and ask all the shop keepers if they even knew someone named "Isis". I didn't even know if she still went by that name, or what her last name is. She never provided her name on the envelope she addressed to me.

I finally found received the answers I needed, and traveled till I came to my sister's front steps. I was greeted first by her husband, Youssef Nagi
(What Youssef Nagi? I thought you were married to Bailey Radcliff?! ;)).

He invited me in, and as I looked across to the kitchen I saw my sister. After almost a decade, she looked different except for the smile that flash across her face as I walked in the door.

She raced to me and gave me a hug.

Isis:" Salāmu Aleikum! Praise the gods you are here dear sister! Have I missed you so!"

I was left speechless, as she hugged me. I was so happy to have her with me again, and to know that she was safe all these years.

(Please understand that everything said between us was spoken in Egyptian, but I tried to translate it here as best as I can.)

Isis: " Oh Ukhti, please tell me what has happened within your life for all these years?"
Aria: Well, I have gotten married, and have a lovely son named Christopher. I moved to Sim Country several years ago to get a fresh start. I see you are still with the same man."
Isis: " Yes, we are very happy together from all these years. Sadly, we have no children to speak of. But Youssef and I are glad to just have each other."

We laughed and cried together as we helped each other catch up with what had happened through all the years we were apart.

Aria: " You must come visit us in Appaloosa Plains sometime this next year I would love it if you could come see where I live now."
Isis: " We shall see my Ukhti.. I would love too someday."

We talked for several hours before I took my leave and joined the rest of my family for the rest of the night..

The Next Day

I was woken up by Ben early the next day. We were to explore some pyramids and ruins today!
Here we are near the old temple ruins.

Ben's such a sweetie. I swear I melt every time he looks at me with those eyes.

We all had such a great time just goofing off, however it made it really hard for us to even attempt to get a decent family photo. Here's such one result:

Near mid-afternoon, Chris had a grand idea for us to split up in pairs. (I figured he just wanted to get some alone time with Nikki).
So Ben and I ventured off to do some shopping at some of my favorite vendors while Chris and Nikki toodled off towards the sphinx.

Several Hours Later...

We have such exciting news!!! While Ben and I were off shopping, the real reason Chris wanted us to split up was because he was going to propose to Nikki! I am so happy for them. Thankfully Chris had arranged for a photographer to be on site, so Ben and I could see the event through pictures. Here are just a few:

Chris and Nikki came back beaming, I can't wait to begin plans for the wedding!
Sadly, it was our last day in Egypt so before we left I gathered the family together in front of my favorite Pyramids to see if we could get a decent family photo again. We finally succeeded!

Later that Evening...

As I prepared for the flight home, I stared out into the distance and soaked in the last sunset I would see of my home for awhile.

Goodbye.....

------------------------------------------------------------------
Translation:
Ahela: Hello
Salāmu Aleikum: A greeting in Arabic more specifically " Peace Be Upon You"
Ukhti: Sister

I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it! :) I think Egypt is my favorite WA location so far, and I hope I didn't confuse you too much with the random Egyptian words I threw in there for kicks and giggles. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »
Just started reading this -- love the Egyptian background. Nikki is very pretty -- they're going to have a gorgeous nooboo!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
That was a lovely chapter, I adore your screenshots! Congrats to Chris and Nikki on the engagement! :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Just started reading this -- love the Egyptian background. Nikki is very pretty -- they're going to have a gorgeous nooboo!
Thanks Marian! I'm glad you enjoy the Egyptian stuff, I wasn't sure how it would pan out at first :P

That was a lovely chapter, I adore your screenshots! Congrats to Chris and Nikki on the engagement! :D
Thanks Fez! I was very happy with how these screenshots came out too! I loved the engagement shots they turned out perfectly :) I can't wait to get a chance to play again (two more days to go!) and get a wedding started!

loveSims

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 04:00:27 AM »
That last picture is awesome Egypt is my favorite location too. Love the update! :D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 8: Happily Ever After
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
Chapter 8: Happily Ever After

The day was perfect. I woke up early this morning and gathered all my wedding supplies and set up for my son's big day. I couldn't believe how much he has grown up over these last few years... I feel beyond grateful that I love my future daughter in-law, I don't know what I'd do if we didn't get along!
After a few hours, the setup was complete and ready for a ceremony..

Nikki and I had a mini photoshoot before the guest arrived. She's such a delight to have around the house!
Doesn't she look radiant?

At last the ceremony began, there were plenty of joyful tears shed...

I thought it would be a sweet idea to add in the vows they said to each other. I think I used almost a whole box of tissues during this part. Prepare yourself.

Vows

Chris: " From the moment that we meet as children, to this moment, looking into your eyes and seeing you now, I have always loved you. I promise to love you, laugh with you, cry with you and embrace every chapter that our future holds. My first love, you're every breath that I take and I want to share all my love with you. You are the mother to my future children, my high school sweetheart, the love of my life, my best friend and the woman of my dreams."

Nikki: "I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.."

Here's the happy couple dancing the night away.

Chris and Nikki started off their life together with a bang, full of love and passion. Ben and I were the proudest parents as we watched the two celebrate. It reminded me of the day I married Ben all those years ago in this same backyard...Now I just got to wait for a grandbaby!

Needless to say I did not have to wait long... The next day Nikki found out she was pregnant!

---------------------------------------------------------
@loveSims: Thanks! I love Egypt, it's so much more fascinating than the other two. Haha

loveSims

Re: The Mitzráyim Dynasty- Ch. 8: Happily Ever After
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2012, 04:36:03 AM »
Aww the wedding vows is so sweet! The wedding picture is awesome. Can't wait for the nooboo! :D

anything