Author Topic: Let's Build a House! 2  (Read 97896 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Let's Build a House! 2
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »
I agree with Samoht04. Members on the waiting list should be given a chance to participate where they can. :)

MrsFlynn

================
================
If you ask me people on the waiting list should be given a chance to do something towards the house.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2012, 10:59:57 PM »
Sorry, I haven't got The Sims 3 working yet, and I won't have time to do that and do the landscaping in the next two days.  You can give landscaping to the next person.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »
That's OK Galena.

----

I also had a powwow with ZapKid and we've agreed to add in a Gym and a Hobby Room. :) I'll make the edits needed now. This also means that we need more people on the waiting list. If you'd like to join the project, now's your chance!

That mean's it's Flynn Arrowstarr's turn!

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
Okay, here goes. :)

The landscaping was a challenge. There's a lot of lawn to fill in. I did something I wanted to do with another house and put in a half-octagon driveway. I didn't see that landscaping could include the exterior of the house. So if you like, I can do that, or we can leave it to the next person on the list.

Here's the front lawn at the base of the driveway.

The walkway leading up to the front door. The mailbox and garbage can are tucked behind the rose bush on the left.

In the front yard, looking toward the garage. There is a similar garden flanking the other side of the garage doors.

Side yard, including pre-dug rows for Gardening. A fountain is tucked into the corner by the house. It's there as a placeholder for a future hot tub.

A look at the pool area. I thought the small cherry tree was a neat touch.

The kiddie area. Includes a tree that is waiting for a tree house to be built, and a sandbox filled with toys.

The central area of the backyard includes a bar/lounge area and a barbecue area as well. More pictures are available in my gallery.

Hope you all like it. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

thesweetestpea

« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2012, 04:17:09 AM »
I'd love to help with this project if you still need folks, Seabody. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »
We definitely will. Thanks sweetest pea!

Flynn, that looks great!

And now it's donatello's time to build - the gym!

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2012, 05:21:17 AM »
Oh yay! Ok, Seabody I have two weeks right? Make no mistake, you'll get your gym! But this week I must help my parents not kill or imprison each other in their divorce... So you'll only get it next week. My sincerest apologies for the promised wait.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2012, 05:37:13 AM »
You've got two weeks, don't worry. And if calming down your parents takes longer than two weeks, we'll understand. :)

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »
Thank you that means a lot. If I see I won't make it though, I'll let you know and forfeit my turn it won't be fair to other forum members to take longer. For now I'm still on schedule though.
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2012, 07:25:47 PM »
To everyone who's been waiting patiently, I'm sorry for the hold-up. I am willingly forfeiting my chance to build on this house. Family problems and software problems conspired against me and won, apparently. Seabody, thanks for your patience, but please give the gym to the next builder?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
That would be sweetest pea then. Thanks for volunteering nonetheless donatello. :)

thesweetestpea

« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
That would be sweetest pea then. Thanks for volunteering nonetheless donatello. :)

I am now onto the building of it! I can put the gym in any empty space in the shell I can find, right? Or does it need to go somewhere specific?

Leto85

« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2012, 04:13:55 AM »
I am now onto the building of it! I can put the gym in any empty space in the shell I can find, right? Or does it need to go somewhere specific?

You are building a gym? Please keep me updated. I love gym's. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »

As I understand it, there are two open spaces in the shell. Build the Gym in either of the two. :)

thesweetestpea

« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »
The gym is done and I'm about to upload it, but before I do so, I noticed that we don't have exterior wallpaper. Should that go back to Flynn Arrowstar?

Edit: Here it is.

Entrance

Dressing Area

Mirror Side

Window Side

I'm afraid it's rather feminine, but it seems to me that the girls don't get too much love at gyms. :) There's only one space left for the Hobby Room now. I'm 99.5 percent sure that there's nothing that's not base game in there, but if I did forget something that wasn't, just let me know.

anything