Author Topic: Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law - Not Working  (Read 5664 times)

pickles819

Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law - Not Working
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »
I decided to try out the Klepto Trait and chose this Lifetime Wish. I messed around swiping stuff from peoples houses a couple of nights now and I currently have 1000s of simoleons worth of stolen goods in my family inventory. However, when I hover over the lifetime wish area, it tells me that I have only 59/50,000 simoleons worth of stolen goods??? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do to correct it/avoid it? Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law - Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:28 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Pickles.

I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help board.  I think you'll get better response there.  The board you posted to is for issues with game mechanics.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
Howdy, and a warm welcome to the forum.

That's because it's in your family inventory. Place it ON your lot, not in any inventory, and the counter should show the correct amount.

pickles819

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
Thanks for moving me Pam. Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome! Seabody, moving items onto my lot did not count them. I moved a 1,000+ simoleon TV and two 800+ simoleon dining chairs that I had stolen into my living room and it now counts 53/50,000. I'm thinking that only a small few of the items I have stolen are being counted and the drop to 53 from 59 is due to depreciation of that/those item(s)? I just tested stealing two cheap cars and saw my count jump up to 1,793 immediately. I did not need to place the cars on my lot for the count to update. This obviously worked, so at least the glitch does not appear to affect future stolen goods. But, this is still annoying. Why does so much of my collection not count? Has anyone seen this before?  I will keep an eye on it and post any new developments. Thanks!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:44 AM »
Only last week I played a klepto with this LTW. In my game the stolen items in the family inventory did count for the LTW. I got it up to 45000/50000 but then traveling reset the amount to 0/50000 (the stuff was still in the inventory). Sorry, I cannot help you more. But the family inventory seems to work fine.

I have just the base game, WA and ambitions and have the latest pets patch, in case it makes a differece in this matter.

pickles819

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »
Thanks Tipi! That is helpful. My sim did travel to France. In fact, most of my stolen items came from France. I probably should have mentioned that. I had not begun monitoring my count until after I got back from that trip, so I had no reason to suspect that the traveling was what screwed it up anymore than anything else. I will test it out...

Thank You.

pickles819

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
SOLUTION::

Okay, after some testing, I can confirm that anything you have stolen and left in your family inventory when you travel will no longer be recognized by the game as stolen when you get back. Also, if you set a stolen vehicle as your preferred vehicle and then travel, your sim will use that vehicle when leaving, and that vehicle will no longer be recognized as stolen. Also, I did notice that SOME items do not count towards the LTW total SOMETIMES when left in your family inventory (rather than placing them ON your lot). This behavior seems inconsistent to me. e.g. I stole a car and a light fixture and both immediately counted right from my family inventory. However, I come home and place one of my previously stolen cars that is sitting on my lot (does count towards the LTW) into my family inventory and it no longer counts. Move it back to the lot, and it counts again.

So, there seems to be a couple of bugs here that were confusing me, but both have a good work-around: If you have the Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law LTW, put all stolen goods ON your lot immediately and leave them there!

I hope this helps other people that are confused about this.

Note: Cars that are not on a parking spot (i.e. placed on the lot with the moveobjects command) will remain in your inventory even though they appear on your lot. These cars will also lose their "stolen" status when you travel. So, purchase a parking space for them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

sue6

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »
I have just had exactly the same thing happen.  It reset when the parents got a free holiday so the Teen could enjoy herself. 

As this action is never one of choice, there is no way to prevent it happening, apart from not having children!!!  I assume the same thing will happen when the next child becomes a teen.

Sue  >:(

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:54:36 PM »
I have just had exactly the same thing happen.  It reset when the parents got a free holiday so the Teen could enjoy herself. 

As this action is never one of choice, there is no way to prevent it happening, apart from not having children!!!  I assume the same thing will happen when the next child becomes a teen.

Sue  >:(

Welcome to the forums Sue6!

I thought the opportunity for your Parent Sims to go on a free vacation was optional, like all opportunities.   So next time you get it, just say no.

Though I found everything reset with the free vacation (other opportunities and wishes) which is really annoying, and a topic for another post.

:)

anything