Author Topic: The Run Around Bug  (Read 37746 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Run Around Bug
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
It's like in WOW...

Pam, to answer your next question, that's World of Warcraft.  :D

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
Pam, to answer your next question, that's World of Warcraft.  :D
Even though I'm rather familiar with the abbreviation, my first thought was that she meant as in "Wow!"; the interjection. Until I finished the sentence, of course.  :D Maybe I'm just too familiar with the Swedish pronunciation of WoW; everytime someone says it I think of the word for a dog's bark in Swedish.
Anyhow, back on the original subject; the run-around bug isn't all that troubling really, I do agree. But watching the sims run around so much makes me think they're in dire need of a toilet or running away from the Grim Reaper or something, which unsettles me slightly.
Call me neurotic, if you want. :x Though I'd prefer paranoid myself; the US government is clearly hiding the existence of aliens, I know it from "Independence Day"!
Okay, I'm in too much of a joking mood this weekend.  ;D
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
Strange, I'm usually extremely rather unpleasant at this time of month...  :-X

Not appropriate.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2010, 05:57:07 AM »
One of my sims finally has the run around bug  :D Although the ironic thing is it was Luke McDermott from Riverview. I noticed he was running everywhere even before he joined the household.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
One of my favorite things about this bug is that infected elders don't hunch over and walk slowly. They're positively spry!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
My child sim had a friend from school come over, who for some reason befriended the dad. I found them playing tag together, and now the dad has the bug. I've come to enjoy the bug, as a time-saving device. It's like in WoW, where you can walk but no one does; everyone runs everywhere.

edited: WOW to WoW.

Agreed it does save a lot of time. Get things done faster.
And you play WoW? I wanted to get around to asking if anyone else around here did :) Anyone who does send me a private message with what server you're on etc :) hehe
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
Clearly I need to figure out a way to make an active "mature" adult community, sims ages 55+.  I've made myself and my fiance started us at teens in seperate households with our parents and played the households seperately until finally we met.  Boy meets girl, they fall in love, have a baby...  then baby grows to a child and plays tag.  *headdesk*  Daddy is running from plant to plant when he gardens.  It's absurd.  It does make it faster to dispose of the dead ones I suppose.
Insert witty comment here

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »
I wish I could feel kindly towards the run around bug.  it drives me crazy.  They look like idiots and I forget sometimes, especially if some in the house don't have it, and I panic and think something is going on since they are running.  I pretty much don't play with the households that have it.  So kill Blair might just be my new motto although I have never killed off any Sim on purpose.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2010, 11:27:22 PM »
Clearly I need to figure out a way to make an active "mature" adult community, sims ages 55+.  I've made myself and my fiance started us at teens in seperate households with our parents and played the households seperately until finally we met.  Boy meets girl, they fall in love, have a baby...  then baby grows to a child and plays tag.  *headdesk*  Daddy is running from plant to plant when he gardens.  It's absurd.  It does make it faster to dispose of the dead ones I suppose.

Welcome to the Forum, Seriphina.  I don't have any help for you, but that description made me laugh.  They don't run while they are on vacation, though, so that's one thing to do.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »
I HATE THIS BUG SO MUCH! 

Sorry for the caps, but it's driving me batty.  I'm on gen 9 of my Legacy and every time a toddler hits the child stage they nearly always start running around like a loon.  I hate it.  It makes me feel rushed and anxious for no reason.  At this point, when I have a sim that actually walks it's like, "Wow!  Look at that Sim, he's doing something none of my other Sims can do!"

So dumb.

Offline tiff_jewels

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
I had to laugh when reading about this bug.  It reminded me of when my husband so proudly placed the largest lot in the edit town mode.  He never realized that he had to have a road by the house for vehicles.  Each day his sims took an hour to run to the road, drive to work or play, go home and then another hour run to the house.  They got their athletics up in no time but he wasn't happy since he had the latest shiney cars to drive.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »
Is it possible to build functional roads?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline John Allen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
Interesting everyone got the run-around bug around the same time frame.  I got it around the same time as well.  In short games, it was sims added to household.  In a 2nd gen household, it was married into the family, then the son.  

He has his own place now and a wife. He runs around and the npc wife that married into the household does not.  I'll be curious to see if the 'hyperactive adrenal gland mutation' goes to gen 3 or not.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
Unfortunately, two of my immortals in my dynasty got the runaround bug and I was so careful not to let them play tag and I wasn't watching, because it was late at night, and the youth and my first immortal was playing tag, ugh and look how long I have to play this game.  Oh well, will just have to deal with it and at least the elder is faster at where he wants to go now.  Good way of looking at it, I suppose. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 01:43:52 PM »
Yeah, I've been praying that this bug doesn't hit my Dynasty, but it's hit every Legacy I have so I doubt I'll be lucky enough to avoid it.

Currently I have a spouse with the Dare Devil trait, and every time she gets "adrenaline rush" I gasp and say, "Oh no!  Oh wait... that's right.. WHEW!!!"