Author Topic: The Run Around Bug  (Read 37751 times)

Offline jestina

• Occult
Re: The Run Around Bug
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »
I blame Blair too. Shortly after Blair visited, my poor Sim couldn't stop running. Blair was never invited back either.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 11:34:33 PM »
Two of my sims presently on vacation in Al-Simhara caught the run bug. Hopefully they will stop running when they get back home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »
I start a new sim in a new Twinbrook. 5 game hours in she meets Sinbad... and now they are both running. LOL. I keep thinking "where's the fire?"

namja23

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
From what I experienced, it seems the bug happens if you set a default vehicle for a sim.
If you have bought any cars, bikes, mopeds, etc..., try selling them all and then buying them new.
Don't assign to any sim and try going someplace.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
The running bug is driving me crazy.  The solution only lasts a short time and then they are back to running again.  At first I thought it was only the play tag thing but I think there is more to it because this one Sim lives alone and I can't figure out who she would have played tag with or where.  Since there is just the one I tend to be able to keep a close eye on what she is doing.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
I have almost an entire town that runs, thanks to Blair Wainwright.  Even two of my Wishmasters challenge Sims have the running bug.  They don't run on vacation, though.

Blair Wainright?  How does this Sim affect/cause the running bug?  I tell ya, I have my Sims RUN whenever they see her just in case.  I love having my Sims run but only when I tell them to.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »
Blair Wainright?  How does this Sim affect/cause the running bug?  I tell ya, I have my Sims RUN whenever they see her just in case.  I love having my Sims run but only when I tell them to.

The reason she's the culprit is because she has the "childish" trait and will often play tag to raise her fun needs.  So it's really any Sim with the childish trait, or any child, who is the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »
Any sim that can initiate tag game is to be avoided like the plague. 

My poor elder contracted this disease from some visiting child and she ran herself into the grave. :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 01:10:40 AM »
From what I experienced, it seems the bug happens if you set a default vehicle for a sim.
If you have bought any cars, bikes, mopeds, etc..., try selling them all and then buying them new.
Don't assign to any sim and try going someplace.

I haven't found this to be the case.  All of my Sims have a preferred vehicle and not all of them have the running bug.  I pretty much always assign a preferred vehicle because I almost always have many Sims in one household, but I don't always have the running problem.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 01:13:05 AM »
I haven't found this to be the case.  All of my Sims have a preferred vehicle and not all of them have the running bug.  I pretty much always assign a preferred vehicle because I almost always have many Sims in one household, but I don't always have the running problem.

Like Pam, I have never found any relation between the running addiction and Sims having a preferred vehicle.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
Like Pam, I have never found any relation between the running addiction and Sims having a preferred vehicle.
Me neither.  ??? In fact, I've never made any of my sims the particular owner of any vehicle. They have vehicles but I don't care which one they use, most of the time they use the teleportation pad anyway.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
Me neither.  ??? In fact, I've never made any of my sims the particular owner of any vehicle. They have vehicles but I don't care which one they use, most of the time they use the teleportation pad anyway.

!!! Really? I've never even considered getting the teleportation pad. My longer-lived sims zeneport, but the pad could be useful for the short-lived ones.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2010, 08:22:58 PM »
I guess until this is fixed, I am going to make Blair have a fatal accident every time I start a new game.

Only two days into a new legacy and my founder got tagged by Blair.  :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
!!! Really? I've never even considered getting the teleportation pad. My longer-lived sims zeneport, but the pad could be useful for the short-lived ones.

Just be sure to have the repairman come fix it when it breaks.  Doing it yourself can be deadly.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »
My child sim had a friend from school come over, who for some reason befriended the dad. I found them playing tag together, and now the dad has the bug. I've come to enjoy the bug, as a time-saving device. It's like in WoW, where you can walk but no one does; everyone runs everywhere.

edited: WOW to WoW.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

anything