Author Topic: The Run Around Bug  (Read 37754 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Run Around Bug
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 01:06:23 PM »
I blame Blair Wainwright.  :)

Too funny!  :D

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
My own vacation tip isn't working for me.  I've taken Hank and Tamara Goddard on vacation.  Although they didn't run while they were in France, they still ran when they got home.  This particular town is hugely bugged.  I think everyone is running.  I blame Blair Wainwright.  :)

Hahaha, you really should move them away to another town. Then you know straight away if the problem lies in the town or in your sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castastic

• Llama Wrangler
  • AYU - The BLUE BIRD in my life
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
Had this bug too. My sim Arianna and her daughter Melodi would start running EVERYWHERE, after her husband played tag with Melodi (my memory is so bad, I can't remember whether the husband was affected or not! I don't care so much for him, anyway...  :P). But it did disappear after a few sim days, without travelling or evicting them.
They live in Sunset valley (have all lived there their whole lives) and I have the latest patch, but not Ambitions, so it's the patch that does it. I don't remember them playing tag since after the running bug disappeared, but I'll have to see if a game of tag will set it off again in the future.
And I've got no mods or CC (never have, and not sure if I ever will), but I think we're all already agreeing that it's no third party content that's the problem with this bug.
If you are afraid of changes
Watch me at a distance
Whether or not I may do something
I'm talked about behind my back
Let it be

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
I have an entire family who runs around the house, every thing they do. This only started recently. I wish the simbot ran with her jets around the house too, but she doesn't. I don't really mind, since walking is so slow, but it makes me feel like I'm in a hurry!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »
Funny thing is, you work in a house where they all run and then go to another house to play and they walk, probably seems like slow motion in that house, lol.  I just don't have any kids right now that they play tag with anymore, unless someone that has the childish trait comes over, which has happened.  Weird to see two adults running around all over the yard playing tag.   At least they are having fun.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
Sims in a Hurry?
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54:30 PM »
I've been working on my legacy lately in at the moment I'm up to a family of four. All the sudden, starting with the mom, all of my sims but one started just running. Everywhere they go they run. Even around the house. They'll run from the kitchen to the bedroom, to the garden, to take out the trash. They don't have any weird traits, none that I haven't used before. I've seen sims run if they're late for work or have to puke, but these guys are just running around for no reason! Any ideas as to why? It's getting kind of annoying, they look pretty silly running around the house all day  :-[
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims in a Hurry?
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
We have a topic that is called the runaround bug and I am going to merge this one with it.  You will find alot of information on this thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 12:27:58 AM »
Ahh okay, thanks. The tag thing makes since. I do remember the brother and sister playing tag as well as the girl playing tag with her mom, and those are the three sims that have the bug, the dad doesn't. They live in Riverview so it's definitely not just the new ambitions town. I guess I'll just wait until those three die out and never let my sims play tag again! hehe  ;)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 12:30:07 AM »
I know, it is so hard to keep track of them playing tag.  Then just when you think it is safe, an adult that has the childish trait comes along and wants to play tag.  Good grief, lol.  Oh well, another day in the life of a sim.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2010, 01:59:51 AM »
I actually love it when they are running.  Mine have not played tag, I just make them run.  Seems like I get things done faster when everything is at top speed.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2010, 02:03:14 AM »
I actually love it when they are running.  Mine have not played tag, I just make them run.  Seems like I get things done faster when everything is at top speed.

Lol yeah, that's true, they do get things done faster, they just look kinda silly. Hehe. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 03:44:06 AM »
I have almost an entire town that runs, thanks to Blair Wainwright.  Even two of my Wishmasters challenge Sims have the running bug.  They don't run on vacation, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
Just recently I went back to an old Legacy family from ages ago.  No one was running, until the heir aged up to child and the first thing he does is play tag with his dad.  Now father and son both have the bug.  ARGH!

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't play tag autonomously.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't play tag autonomously.

That's the kicker. I never started the tag game, nor did I even notice it. I guess I was busy with another family member at the time.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
My own vacation tip isn't working for me.  I've taken Hank and Tamara Goddard on vacation.  Although they didn't run while they were in France, they still ran when they got home.  This particular town is hugely bugged.  I think everyone is running.  I blame Blair Wainwright.  :)

I've decided that the vacation isn't 100% reliable in stopping them running. They won't run whilst they're on vacation, but in my game now one of the twins started running about 2 sim days after returning, and her dad's started again too. I think it's a temporary remedy (if, indeed you're lucky enough for them to stop running at all once you get back from vacation)
Grr Argh!