Author Topic: The Run Around Bug  (Read 37763 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: The Run Around Bug
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
Yup, I think it's tag, and or fire fighter emergencies.

That's so weird that it happened right when they aged up for you, Salty!  Are you sure they didn't age up and then start playing tag right away? 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
I am not really sure, but I do know, because I just tried it, that evicting them and then putting them back in the same house, worked.  I was very glad, so whoever found that out, thanks a million and thanks Branr for putting that in here.  I hope it keeps working, because I have a couple of more.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
Off to evict my Run Around Legacy. lol

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 02:24:14 AM »
Yup, I think it's tag, and or fire fighter emergencies.

Oh man...  it's definitely tag.  My Sim's husband has the run around bug and I was just going to live with it as long as Pepper didn't have it.  Just now, she was at the park doing the Grill-A-Thon (which she won) and there was a kid sitting on the bench all by himself reading a book.  I had her go talk to him (he's an odd kid with very weird hair and a deep voice) and then suddenly he tagged her.  I cancelled the action just as soon as I could, even before she had gone more than a couple of steps.  But it was too late!  She got the Run Around Bug!  Argh!! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
After I cured this kid of the bug, all was well and I followed my PI on one of her jobs, came back and the kid and mother were playing tag, I thought, oh no ya don't, no more playing tag, lol.  Too late, so I evicted them and put them back in and all is well again, until the next time.  sheesh

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
I haven't evicted my family yet, do you get to keep your wishes when you do this or does it wipe them out?  I'm planning to do it soon since I have a family of 6 speed racers, but trying to wait for the right moment in case it messes anything up.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
Unfortunately, you lose all wishes and I just found out, it keeps starting my PI back to 0 on cases solved.  I was wondering why she was solving all of these cases and it only shows 4 now, I know she has solved at least 12 to 15, so now I know.  I aged the youth up, no more tag and no one has childish.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
Either I did something wrong or my Sim DeAndre doesn't have the normal Run Around Bug.  He's a townie that my Sim married and he's run everywhere since I took control of him when they married.  I went to Edit Town and evicted them.  Then I put them back into the same house and chose it as my active household.  It reset all of their wishes, but DeAndre still runs everywhere.  His traits are Family-Oriented, Great Kisser, Excitable, Virtuoso, and Artistic.  I wonder if the Excitable trait is doing it.  I'll have to check it out.

Update: Losing the Excitable trait didn't help, but I'm thrilled to report that a trip to Egypt worked great!  No more running around for DeAndre!  Yay!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »
I evicted my family and moved them back in.  So things are much more relaxed now! lol  Until the next generation enters childhood... :o

Aenara

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
I have had this bug on my new Twinbrook family, on their first child, she just kept running since aging into a teen. Not that I mind, I find it adorable, and she has grown into a young adult since while keeping this trait. Has never played tag either as i'm keeping an eye on her 24/7 as she's my favourite.

I have since saved the household and moved from Twinbrook to Sunset Valley, and the running is still happening. But I have noticed something. Her everyday clothes include a pair of sneakers, and I think it is linked to the running because her job is in politics, and all her work clothes include heel shoes, and the interesting part is that she never runs in her work clothes, but as soon as she changes to everyday clothes, she starts running again.

Hope this helps somehow :)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »
Her everyday clothes include a pair of sneakers, as soon as she changes to everyday clothes, she starts running.

LOL!  These are my magic shoes...

or better yet...

I ran and ran, for no particular reason, I just felt like running.

LOL! It's the Forrest Gump bug!

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »
Four of my family of 7 have started to run. I decided to pack the offending foursome (a YA brother and sister and the brother's twin child daughters) off to China where they stopped running. They've come back and so far haven't run since.
Whilst evicting works, I'd recommend that players who have WA try sending the runners on a holiday before eviction, since you won't lose any wishes you elect to follow.
Grr Argh!

judew

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 12:33:43 PM »
evicting them and then putting them back in the same house, worked.

I have a mom and child daughter that are running. I've never evicted anyone. Can you give me instructions on how to do that? They are driving me crazy! LOL

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
Thanks for the vacation tip.  I would much rather do that than evict them.  I hate losing wishes  and LTW counts.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 01:46:12 AM »
My own vacation tip isn't working for me.  I've taken Hank and Tamara Goddard on vacation.  Although they didn't run while they were in France, they still ran when they got home.  This particular town is hugely bugged.  I think everyone is running.  I blame Blair Wainwright.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog