Author Topic: The Run Around Bug  (Read 37735 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Run Around Bug
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »
In my Dynasty, Indigo got the run around bug.  I never saw her playing tag.  She had it at home and still had it in China.  But that she's back home again, I think it's gone.  Of course, that might be because I've had to reinstall my game twice.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2010, 03:43:22 PM »
Just in case no one saw this suggestion in the Dynasty thread, thought I would put it here too.  Everyone knows that your sims gets the runaround bug after playing tag.  I found a generation 5 family that does not have that bug, because they are always playing catch with a football or baseball.  In my old dynasty, they all had the bug, but one.  In my new dynasty, I have put a football or baseball on the lot or in each sims inventory and now they play catch, which is fine with me.  I can't say they will never get it, but as a youth, at home, they would rather play catch.  Just thought I would pass this along for future reference. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2010, 04:46:39 PM »
Great idea Salty!  My Dynasty family now each has a ball in their inventory.

The only potential problem with that is if you plan to use Athletic as a supermax skill, because they do gain some athletic skill from playing ball.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:54 PM »
I just thought about that too.  I guess we could just cancel it.  Still better than running, lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2010, 03:45:13 AM »
They won't gain enough athletic skill from playing catch as children.  Once they age up to teen, you can get rid of the balls because playing tag won't be a problem unless they encounter Childish Sims.  Or, just cancel the action.  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2010, 12:15:13 AM »
I actually wasted a sim day trying to get the bug from kids in Egypt. They'd tag my sims, who would just good-naturedly laugh, so no bug resulted. I had to wait until the toddler grew to child stage in order to properly get my whole family running.

I'm reminded of when I was a kid and all the moms in the neighborhood intentionally exposed their daughters to a child with German measles.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Leto85

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »
In my Dynasty, Indigo got the run around bug.  I never saw her playing tag.  She had it at home and still had it in China.  But that she's back home again, I think it's gone.  Of course, that might be because I've had to reinstall my game twice.

Jemig, twice? Did something goes wrong with the first reinstall than? So that this works could be finally an answer to this long less problem. I mean: 10 pages...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2010, 11:10:37 PM »
I had to reinstall twice, first because the recent update crashed my game.  Then a second reinstall because I couldn't download my purchase items from the Store after the first reinstall.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Nala3

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2010, 03:57:20 PM »
I have a family of 5 sims, all but one of them run around! I love it cause they go places quicker, I don't get why they do it though, ha ha ha!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »
I teleport them everywhere, so I probably wouldn't notice if they did catch this bug! Lol.

Leto85

« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
I teleport them everywhere, so I probably wouldn't notice if they did catch this bug! Lol.

Yes, teleport machines are pretty handy.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
Yes, teleport machines are pretty handy.
Hehe I'm sure they are but I've never used one. You're talking to a cheater, remember?  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »
Hehe I'm sure they are but I've never used one. You're talking to a cheater, remember?  ;D

You're a cheater? Ha, I've forgot that I think. I personally don't cheat that much, I mean: not ingame.
So there is a teleportation cheat... Handy.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »
You're a cheater? Ha, I've forgot that I think. I personally don't cheat that much, I mean: not ingame.
So there is a teleportation cheat... Handy.
Yep! After I found the cheats, there has only been twice I haven't. Once was in the grim challenge and the other one was when I was trying it out without cheats. If testingcheatsenabled is active, just shift+click on the ground anywhere choose teleport here and off you go! It's awesome!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »
Since I have put the baseball and football in the inventories, I am proud to say, so far, have not gotten the runaround bug as of yet, but now that I have said that, I will probably get it, lol.  Now all they do is play catch, but that is ok with me, as long as it works.

I have one game that I leave testingcheatsenabled cheat turned on.  It is a pretty cool cheat and probably the only one that is fine left on.  I get the cool fridge and have everyone get close to the top of their career with that cheat on.  If someone gets hungry, just slide the little bar, but, I don't really use it in any other game, unless I have to. :)

anything