Author Topic: Game Crashing Issue  (Read 3971 times)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
Game Crashing Issue
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
I've never run into this problem before today, but now it has happened twice in a span of two hours.
After playing the game for 30 to 45 minutes, it randomly shuts down and returns to my desktop, with a window open that is all white with "The Sims 3 Pets" at the top and a popup box that says...:

Exception Raised
Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000001d at address 0x727baf8e.
Do you wish to debug it?
Yes / No buttons

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I've never seen or heard anything about it before.

Additional Info:
I have all expansions except World Adventures, and all Stuff Packs installed
I have the latest patch installed
I play on a MacBook Pro
At the time of the crashes, I had testingcheats enabled, and Needs static.
I have a lot of store content installed but no custom content or mods at all.
Once the game was started back up, it doesn't seem to have changed at all, it just picks back up at the most recent save point.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
Re: Game Crashing Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
This is an error specific to MAC users;

Apparently you can stop the periodic crashes by shutting Time Machine off while you're playing. A lot of users have found that the periodic crashes coincide precisely with Time Machine finishing a backup.

If that doesn't work then:

1. Drag The Sims 3 icon from your desktop to the trash bin.   
2. Go to Users\[username]\Library\Preferences and delete the Sims 3 preferences folder if it appears.   
3. Go to Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts and move the Sims 3 folder to your desktop.   
4. Finally, go to Users\[username]\Applications and delete the Sims 3 folder there.   
5. Control-click on the trash bin and select Secure Deleted, restart your computer, and reinstall The Sims 3.

If both of these fixes fail then I would suggest completely uninstalling all the games EPs and SPs then reinstalling.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards

KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.