Author Topic: Refusing Marriage/Proposal?  (Read 25659 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Refusing Marriage/Proposal?
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
 I was just wondering if sims could run away during a marriage ceremony or refuse a proposal. I know that they could in TS2, and I think I saw a proposal refusal for sims 3 on youtube somewhere. Anyone know anything else?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Sportsfan

Re: Refusing Marriage/Proposal?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »
If the relationship isn't high enough when one of them proposes than the other will say no.
Also, if it isn't high enough when you try to perform the get married interaction they will refuse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »
In my experience, having the trait Commitment Issues can pretty much guarantee a rejection if the sim being proposed to has it.  This can, of course, be worked around by having that sim do the proposing.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 01:14:58 AM »
Another trait that has always rejected proposals (at least for me) is the insane trait. I've never had an insane sim accept a proposal - they always laugh instead.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 01:20:53 AM »
In my experience, having the trait Commitment Issues can pretty much guarantee a rejection if the sim being proposed to has it.  This can, of course, be worked around by having that sim do the proposing.

I've successfully gotten Matthew Hamming to propose marriage. You have to have control of both sims. Then have the one without committment issues propose going steady. Immediately after that is accepted, I have been able to have Matthew propose because there was no bar on "propose marriage" for him. It's worked several times. However, if you don't do the "propose marriage" immediately after "propose going steady" you'll never get him to propose in the future.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
I think we're saying the same thing, MoMoll.   ;)  I've done the same thing without the prerequisite of proposing going steady first.  The Issues sim won't accept a marriage proposal, but when you direct them to make one they don't have a problem.  Well, that is to say they comply.  They usually have a really big emotional problem with it.   ;D  I would be curious to know how to achieve marriage with two Issues sims.  I wonder if your method would work.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 01:02:25 PM »
I think we're saying the same thing, MoMoll.   ;)  I've done the same thing without the prerequisite of proposing going steady first.  The Issues sim won't accept a marriage proposal, but when you direct them to make one they don't have a problem.  Well, that is to say they comply.  They usually have a really big emotional problem with it.   ;D  I would be curious to know how to achieve marriage with two Issues sims.  I wonder if your method would work.

No the point is that after she proposes going steady, he has no blockage to proposing marriage. It has to be done right after the proposal of going steady. I have done this numerous times and later he looks at his hand and frets; but, he doesn't get a wish to cancel. In one game they were 'Eternally faithful" (figure that for Matt Hamming) and in this game they are "faithful". I alwaqys grant their wishes; but, neither wants to stray.

Now, perhaps I should start another game and make her "Non-commital". My problem is I have 5 games going with different scenarios and will do it in a day or two.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything