Author Topic: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 32 - A Chapter About Myst  (Read 23339 times)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »
Oops! I realised that when Topaz ate her Ambrosia, I didn't give you her stats! Naughty, naughty! So before we continue with the story, here they are...

2nd Generation - IMMORTAL
NAME: Topaz Merryweather
TRAITS: Artistic, Savvy Sculptor, Friendly, Photographer's Eye, Loner
LIFETIME WISH: Renaissance Sim
CAREER: Painting
SUPERMAX SKILL: Painting
OTHER MAX SKILLS: Sculpting, Charisma
BUILDING: EverFresh Delights Supermarket
PROPERTY: Louie Falls
3LTRs: Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative, Motive Mobile
6 BEST FRIENDS: Davy Cho, Sandpiper Merryweather, Jan Kane, Ife Aswad, Elliott Saint-James, Felicia Stamper
6 OPPORTUNITIES: The Research Project, Local Artists' Gallery, Make-A-Dream, Save the Herding, Business Model, Visa Photograph
PORTRAITS: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
ICE SCULPTURES: Adult, Elder
SPOUSE: Davy Cho

Ashley's pregnancy went without a hitch. She's got Level 10 Handiness so I've been setting her to task upgrading everything in the house. Firstly the Food Replicator.

Then came the time of the birth.

The adopted uncle-to-be is not taking this remotely calmly.

I'm very proud to introduce you to Lazuli Merryweather. Her traits are Brave and Loves the Outdoors. I think we're going to have some fun with her.

She's the pride and joy of the entire family.

And even though I gave her a makeover, Ashley Glover still has no fashion sense whatsoever!

Despite the labour scaring the wits out of him, Galaxy is very proud of his little niece.

When he's not playing with Lazuli or practising for his Rock career, Galaxy spends time with his girlfriend, Octavia.

Oh seriously, you two, get a room!

Ummm... OK, I didn't mean quite like that...

Lazuli aged up to a pretty little toddler with darkish skin:

Bizarrely, she inherited Topaz's hair, even though both her parents have black hair. She also has her father's pale brown eyes which go all the way back to Davy.
Quartz is such a proud daddy. He had a couple of days off work and spent pretty much his whole time with his darling baby girl.

Ashley also spends a lot of time with Lazuli when Quartz is working – or working out. Lazuli loves the horse spring rider. It's almost as though she has a natural instinct for it.

Giddyup!

Now easy there, boy!

I think Lazuli has found her passion in life already.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Merryweather Dynasty
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
What a little cutie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
Great story! I will keep following this one. Lazuli looks really cute!

loveSims

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 12:54:37 AM »
I want to pinch her little cheeks! She is so cute. What's up with the mysterious eyes? Fantastic picture!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
Aww, she's so cute!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
Firstly some shots of Lazuli the cutie. :D

A few days into Lazuli's toddler-hood, I got a message that Octavia had given birth to Galaxy's son, Hubert. Opportunity bells rang in my head. It would take a lot of organisation but I thought I could work out how to make Lazuli's time a little easier on me. Also Galaxy had two wishes – to get married and to get married to Octavia. I couldn't pass up on those Happiness Points, even if Galaxy isn't an Immortal.
Just before Lazuli aged up to child and Quartz aged to adult, Galaxy met his beloved in front of the theater where he worked – and out the back, quietly, they were married.

As soon as they got to their new home, Hubert and Octavia both aged up and I realised what a pair of glitchy Sims I'd just taken on.
Firstly, Hubert's hair. What the heck? I don't have any mods installed that allow for cross-gender hair. Mind you, when I took him into CAS to plan his outfits and such, his hairstyle changed with every outfit until I finally chose one for him. Strange...

But even stranger was Octavia. I knew she was quite a bit older than Galaxy – she was a YA when they attended the prom together – but at the last party I invited her to it said that she was still a YA. She's not a newspaper carrier so why is she aging so much faster? Must be yet another bizarre glitch.

However, the fact that she's hit Elder status already did please me because it'll free up space in the house. My game does have a tendancy for running ever-so-slowly and having eight in the household is about to kill it. Ashley is also an Adult and not far from elderhood herself. And the skill I plan Lazuli to pursue will result in a lot of extra house members... *hint, hint*
Octavia will remain mostly a housemother and spend as much time as she can with her little son. This time is precious.

Meanwhile Ashley has become a school teacher. Quartz aged up to Adult successfully and, wanting his portraits to look at least somewhat different from each other, decided to grow a bit of facial hair. I can't help but be mildly reminded of my own father when I look at him now. Honestly, first David, now my father! It's like the game's channelling my life experience into Quartz.

Galaxy aged up by the theatre. That's Dany Shue in the background, still as hot a vampire as ever. Though the glowing eyes unsettle me somewhat.

Galaxy's aging up came with a Mid-Life Crisis, worst luck, but so far he hasn't rolled any troublesome wishes. The new car and haircut could be granted easily, as could the mild flirting with the maid. Just flirting, I promise you! Nothing more! Galaxy's already got the Eternally Faithful reputation and I intend to keep it that way.

At last Lazuli aged up to child – and gained the Equestrian trait. Hee. Her resemblance to grandpa Davy is suddenly very striking indeed.

Before I go, I thought I'd give you a little tour of the museum down in the basement. First Emerald's section...

Topaz's section...

Quartz's section...

And finally Lazuli's unfinished section.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
Your museum starts to look really nice! I like the pictures of Lazuli and I must say she grew up just as cute as she was as toddler!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
Now Lazuli's inner gift for working with horses has been revealed, she's been nagging her parents to get her one. Ashley and Quartz aren't sure, though. Money isn't an object – it's just that they think she's still too little to be safe on horseback.

When your parents say no, ask your grandparents! One evening Emerald comes home with a very special surprise for Lazuli... a filly!

Lazuli is overjoyed and names her Semprini. Isn't she just the most darling little thing?

But Emerald's been clever. Semprini is too small to ride yet, so this is the perfect opportunity for Lazuli to show her parents how sensible and responsible she is. Every morning she's up early to give Semprini her breakfast.

Semprini responds to the attention very positively and the Missing Mother moodlet is soon taken care of. She often sees Lazuli off on the bus to school.

I built a barn for Semprini just out the back of the house. This will probably be extended as Lazuli gains more horses. Semprini and her descendants will be the main competing mounts, but Lazuli is a nature-orientated girl just like her great-grandmother so she plans to adopt some wild horses.

In the meantime, Hubert Merryweather finally ages up to child. He's a cute little rascal.

He gained the trait Animal Lover (to go with Brave and Artistic). It does conflict with Lazuli's Equestrian trait, but it'll give him some good interactions for looking after the horses when she's off competing.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
Hubert has very pretty eyes such a lovely colour. Great update.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
Those are fabulous eyes. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lazuli's horse-raising works out.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

loveSims

« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
The foal is beautiful! Hubert is very cute. Great update.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »
Cute pictures! I think it'll be fun when Lazulli can ride! Good luck! :)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »
Hubert has very pretty eyes such a lovely colour.

Those are fabulous eyes.

He inherited them from his daddy, Galaxy, who also has pretty, pretty eyes. :)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »

The years have flown by and now Lazuli is ready to become a teen. And she's not the only one. It's Semprini's birthday too.
To make a change from always having the birthday parties in the kitchen, Lazuli decided to hold it out in front of Semprini's barn.
The guests gave her a birthday fanfare.

Lazuli blew out her candles.

And aged up into...

Ohhh, isn't she gorgeous!

Quartz came home from his game that evening (Home won! :D) to congratulate her. Now this is just spooky – I swear they look just like my father and myself!

To celebrate Lazuli growing into a teen, I decided to give the house a bit of a makeover. This isn't going to be a tradition with every generation like a lot of dynasties because I'm lazy and also because redecorating is not my forte. However, I think the overall effect is a huge improvement. It looks much more like a cosy country home now. It'll stay like this for as long as I can stand it.

It was at this point that I made the tough decision to send Hubert off to boarding school. The game would run more smoothly without him in the house and I needed to focus all my attention on Lazuli and Semprini. I can leave Octavia, Galaxy and Ashley to do whatever, but I still need to keep my eye on Topaz, Emerald and Quartz.

Semprini aged up later that night. I gave her some special blue tack.

The next day immediately after school... well... OK, after homework...

Lazuli mounted her dear Semprini for the first time.

Good girl!

Progress was fast after that.

Dismounting is going to take some work, though, heh.

By the time it was dark the next day Lazuli had gained enough skill to gallop Semprini on the beach. (I don't actually think you can do this with real horses on shingle. Oh well, this is The Sims where everything is ridiculous so it's all good).

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
However many times I tried, as soon as they arrived they all disappeared and I wasn't able to select any of them!

Sadly, I've had that problem too, which I coined "The Invisible Family Glitch." Whenever you go to the same destination twice in a row, the game barfs and gives you blank Sims in place of your Sims and puts them on an empty lot. It also crashes the game forcing you to shut down your Sims 3. :(

The only solution is never to go to the same place twice in a row, which doesn't bother me since I like variety. You should have sent your Merryweathers to China since Quartz needed to learn Martial Arts anyways and that's the go-to area to learn Sim Fu. :)

I'm doing an unofficial Immortal Dynasty myself(it'll be blogged with Slideshare since it's in Powerpoint) and Martial Arts will be the last generation's supermax. Good luck!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything