Author Topic: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 32 - A Chapter About Myst  (Read 23340 times)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

Galaxy: You said Grim was after me, right?

?: I did. It's because your family has been cheating death.

Galaxy: Grim is angry because Emerald ate Ambrosia?

?: *sigh* He's not angry. At least not yet. Grim just does his job. Having someone cheat death, particularly if it runs in the family, makes life more interesting for him. But he also likes to play with his food before he eats it. He likes to strike fear into the hearts of the families which defy him. It's not for a personal reason, it's just because he has nothing better to do.

Galaxy: Why are you telling me all this?

?: Because Quartz's family is going to try to defy Grim for eight generations. But you aren't a member of that family.

Galaxy: I'm a Merryweather!

?: In name only. Your blood belongs to the Imaginariums. And besides, you're younger than Quartz. Only the firstborn in each generation can be granted immortality. But you're the closest thing Grim's ever going to get to taking an actual Merryweather. You're his ultimate prize.

Galaxy: I'm going to die... and leave Quartz all alone?

?: That is his burden. His curse. It's the curse that haunts every Immortal family: to watch those you love wither and die while you carry on.

Galaxy: And you know this because...?

?: That isn't important right now. What is important is that you contribute as best you can to this Dynasty. Not just by your physical contributions, your paintings and sculptures, but by your support and love. That's the only way to beat Grim at his own game... the only way to save the Merryweathers. Jessica knew that. Nicholas knew that. So does Davy.

Galaxy: Who are you? And why are you helping us?

loveSims

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »
Another cliffhanger! Don't let us wait to long for the next update ;) I realy want to know who the woman is!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »
That was bittersweet! I hate cliffhangers.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
I absloutly love your dynasty, even if this isn't going to be official. I love the second generation heiress too. Topaz happens to be my birthstone.  :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »
I've been following this since the start, don't know why I didn't ever comment!  :P I love this dynasty!

Oh, and am I the only one who can't see the 3rd to last picture on that last update?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Topaz happens to be my birthstone.  :)

Really? That's awesome. I think my birthstone is pearl, and you can't get that in Sims 3, unfortunately.

I've been following this since the start, don't know why I didn't ever comment!  :P I love this dynasty!

Oh, and am I the only one who can't see the 3rd to last picture on that last update?

Thank you! And yes, I'm not quite sure what's going on there. I can't see the picture either. I've tried reuploading it and linking it over and over. Funny, but don't worry, it's not compulsive to understand the story.

Thanks for the feedback everybody! I'm putting the new update together soon!

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
Firstly, look what Quartz got for his Young Adult birthday...

I was hoping to get Quartz off to China to not only SuperMax Martial Arts but also get started on my planned spouse for him, Sun Young Kim (because she's so pretty!). With the entire family set we could head off for fifteen days – and a very successful 15 days they were! Topaz grabbed Pangu's Axe and a holiday home for them, Quartz SuperMaxed Martial Arts – including the tournament! - and got up to a full relationship bar with Sun Young. Davy and Galaxy sculpted and painted and fished... and then...

Oh God, the travelling bug of DOOOOOOOOM! They couldn't go home. Ugh! All that effort wasted! I had to return to a previous save. This time I tried sending Quartz to China alone. No luck there either! Ugh! That's both Egypt AND China that are broken! Highly frustrating.

Very well. Looks like Quartz will have to SuperMax Athletic instead. This sucks because he's going into the Professional Sports career so it will eat away at the time he has to work out, but that can't be helped. Hopefully Topaz won't gain any more Athletic skill because I'm not using her for Adventures any more.
Now Quartz was a Young Adult, I felt it was time to expand the house and add a second floor. The first time I did it, my computer crashed as soon as I was done and ready to save after three hours of work and I lost the entire rebuild. This, after all the other stuff that had happened recently, made me want to throw my computer right out the window and never come back. Fortunately, being a well-adjusted and mature individual, I restrained myself (via a straightjacket) and looked upon it as an opportunity. So, an even better rebuild later, welcome to the second floor...

Quartz and Galaxy's old bedroom has now become a semi-sculpting studio and the spiral staircase to the second floor is here. Emerald, Davy and Topaz don't have much reason to go up there because their bedrooms and skill apparatus are all on the ground floor so hopefully we won't get too many traffic jams yet.

Quartz has a locked gym leading directly off his bedroom to make sure no one else can use his equipment. The gym also has a private shower room which only Quartz can access.

Galaxy's bedroom is just across the corridor. Here I put his guitar, easel and Azure's cage.

There's a shared bathroom for all of them and then at the end of the corridor, over Emerald's bedroom and bathroom, is the children's room. This is the room I hope will suffice for all the children growing up in the house. The nursery leads straight into the child's bedroom which has all the toys I could possibly think of in there. A lot of the kids won't be able to build their SuperMax skills until they're teens, so they've gotta pass the time somehow.

Galaxy aged up to Young Adult the next day, gaining the Good Sense of Humour trait.

He's still a handsome goofball, and it looks like he's not going to be vital for the paintings as Davy's living a little longer than I expected, but I'm not bothered because I love him so. Galaxy joined the Music career after his and Quartz's graduation ceremony. It'll make him easier to handle if he's at work every day.
Quartz was pipped to the Valedictorian post by Galaxy, believe it or not, but he still graduated with highest honour. His classmates voted him Most Likely to Save the World or something like that. Eh? Nevermind.

There wasn't a lot to do after the graduation. Quartz and Galaxy both had jobs and for Topaz it was just a case of waiting for the dreaded Elder birthday. So I decided that since my plans for Sun Young had fallen through, Quartz had better go spouse-hunting. A nooboo will make things more interesting.
I thought for a long time about Quartz and Galaxy's mutual best friend, Candi Wesley. I love her name and her eyes, but she's a babysitter. Botheration.
Eventually we picked this beauty, Ashley Glover. She's a repairwoman and had come to the house multiple times. She came round for Topaz's birthday party and Quartz took her aside to put some moves on her.

Meanwhile inside, my darling Topaz was having her final birthday.

Topaz didn't age as well as her mother. I tried putting some makeup on her, but my Sims tend to look like clowns when I do that, so I mostly leave it off.

The next day Topaz got her portrait and sculpture done. I didn't like the first sculpture Davy did so he had to do a second one. And not a moment too soon. As Topaz sat down for her Ambrosia that afternoon...

I knew this day was coming. Davy Merryweather finally left us aged 90 days. I do hope some of the other spouses live longer. But he did his job well. The family is richer, has beautiful paintings on the wall and ice sculptures all around because of his work.
Another good thing was that Davy's death somehow caused Nicholas' grave to reappear. I popped both in the family inventory, ready for creating the family cemetary later.

Rest in peace, Davy (Cho) Merryweather. And thank you so much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »
Sorry about all the problems! Fifteen days in China and to loose it all is terrible. The house look awesome! R.I.P Davy. Great update. :)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:51 AM »
On Quartz's day off, he invited Ashley round and quickly popped the question. She said yes!

There wasn't much time, so Quartz sent Ashley home to get ready and planned the wedding party. Dance floor, lights, stereo, cake, the works.

Ashley turned up in her... um... formal attire? Well, it's... different.

That's it, next time I'm getting them to move in before I bloomin' marry them!
So Quartz and his... casually dressed bride – exchanged rings. And yes, they both have the dopey wedding face.

Bride and groom had the first dance.

When suddenly there was a commotion in the kitchen.

I really hope this is the last death for a while, but it was time for Sandpiper to cross the Rainbow Bridge... We'll miss you, little pup.

The day after, Ashley has some news...

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Merryweather Dynasty
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
Very nice story telling! I'll be watching this one :)

loveSims

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
Congrats with the wedding! Most of the times the game's choice for clothing is crazy lol. There is so many pretty formal dresses! The pictures where grim come for the dog is really good.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
Ashley is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the nooboo her and Quartz will produce. But yes, she has interesting fashion sense. Hopefully Quartz will buy her a new formal dress!

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, everybody! OK, now for some more mysteriousness!

You know what's coming next, Quartz...

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Oooh, mysterious.  ;)

That last picture is golden!  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Oooh, mysterious.  ;)

That last picture is golden!  ;D

Thank you!