Author Topic: My ghost Gold Digger Sim  (Read 5514 times)

Rui!

My ghost Gold Digger Sim
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
Hello, first post here! I'm Rui, from Portugal, and both me and the missus are heavy into Sims 3. Obviously, this site has done wonders for our enjoyment of the game, insofar as to let us know just how huge a game Sims 3 is...

So, on to my question!, but first, an introduction so you can better school me on my problem.

I've started a game with a lonely writer, called Gustavo Elias (I'm a huge comic book fan, and I based him on comic book writeer Warren Ellis ;)); my intent was on him living solely on his writting skills; I had to semi-abandon my project, when the bills came on knocking, and proceeded to take a part-time job at the bookstore. When he was getting to an old age, he met this other Sim, a beautiful blonde middle-age woman named Laura, whom he proceeded to flirt, and then marry, having a kid. Said kid then grew up to be an austronaut and martial artist, married and has a kid of his own, Chen, who is now into his adolescent years, but already planning big to be a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder.

The thing is, Gustavo and his missus, Laura, have both passed away, and the grave markers went to their son, who, when given the chance, ressurected them both as ghosts. Now my household is a ghost-couple, a human couple, an adolescent, and an Egyptian woman Gustavo brought with him, after a mad stay in Egypt during holidays.

Laura's LTW is Gold Digger; when she married Gustavo he wasn't rich, but his son did became rich, and when Gustavo came back to unlife into the household, he became rich, as well; wouldn't this trigger Laura's LTW? By the way, Laura's status with Gustavo is fiancée, not wife, but I've tried to get the "propose" option on their conversation, to no avail!

Thoughts?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: My ghost Gold Digger Sim
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:27:27 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Rui!

I think the problem in this particular case is that when Sims die, they are no longer married.  For Laura's LTW, it has to be done in order...  marry a rich Sim and then become widowed.  Laura had it happen backwards.  She became widowed and her husband became rich afterward.  I think that's what's going on, anyway.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 01:12:56 PM »
Welcome Rui.

Anyways, the Gold Digger LTW works when you have a young sim, then they marry someone who is old and rich (misc on Sim info bar in relationships) the rich person then has to die. Seing as they are ghosts that may be tricky unless you bring them back with ambriosa and let him age some days before making some for her.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Rui!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies!

I haven't tried Ambrosia yet, but that's someting I have to look into.

I read on Carl's guide that one can re-marry the ghost sims, would that trigger Laura's LTW? Or is it that, being both already ghosts, the LTW won't be triggered regardless?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
I can't say for sure, but I think the husband would have to die again after remarrying to trigger her LTW.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TylerDurden

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
Welcome Rui.

Anyways, the Gold Digger LTW works when you have a young sim, then they marry someone who is old and rich (misc on Sim info bar in relationships) the rich person then has to die. Seing as they are ghosts that may be tricky unless you bring them back with ambriosa and let him age some days before making some for her.
When you witness a sims death, it leaves a gravestone/urn.  If you leave that on the property it spawns a free willed ghost many evenings a week...  Does seeing this ghost count towards the gold digger LTW?  It would seem to me that it SHOULD count, but as I have never done the gold digger LTW, it is unknown to me whether this would count or not.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
All I really know about this LTW is that the Rich sim must die before your sim, so the moment Death comes a knocking and then leaves I would assume that is the LTW completed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »
According to the description of the Gold Digger LTW in Carl's Guide, you must see the ghost of a rich dead spouse.  So, seeing just any ghost won't work.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TylerDurden

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
According to the description of the Gold Digger LTW in Carl's Guide, you must see the ghost of a rich dead spouse.  So, seeing just any ghost won't work.
I have watched my spouses die before and the ghost that pops up while death is there seems to look different than the one that shows up from the urn/gravestone.  I haven't looked at the demotives that pop up when you witness a death to see if there is a 'Saw A Ghost' included.  I would think that if you kept the urn/stone on your property, the gold digger LTW should be easy enough to finish.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »
Witnessing Death on its own can bring your sims mood down very low, quarter full I think. I had my Founder and his Wife die both at Birthday Parties and they gave everyone bad moodlets. Once the moodlets went for the wife, the founder died.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 07:32:18 PM »
Unless if you're evil, which is thus very useful for the gold digger wish.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Rui!

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 06:20:31 AM »
I had Gustavo travel to Egypt on a 3 day vacation, and when he came back, everyone on the household was frightened of seeing a ghost, including his ghost wife/fiancée! However, that didn't her LTW, which I think is because they haven't re-married.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 08:10:28 AM »
I had Gustavo travel to Egypt on a 3 day vacation, and when he came back, everyone on the household was frightened of seeing a ghost, including his ghost wife/fiancée! However, that didn't her LTW, which I think is because they haven't re-married.

Get them married and then send him on another holiday then!  ;)