Author Topic: What are the steps or rules to make a dynasty or legacy?  (Read 3120 times)

Avenger0000

What are the steps or rules to make a dynasty or legacy?
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »
Hello again... Although I'm not new to The Sims, I really don't know anything about dinasty or legacy games. What's the difference between them? How can I do a legacy game or dynasty game? Sorry about my ignorance on this subject...

Sportsfan

Re: What are the steps or rules to make a dynasty or legacy?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:36:28 AM »
There is dynasty rules on the challenge board of this forum.
Legacy is on the official sims forum created by pinstair, and in short it's a ten generation game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »
The Dynasty is a Carl's Forum challenge which means there is actually a place to be honored if you follow the rules and finish. 

A Legacy is a different sort of game and you can find the rules by Pinstar on the official forums. 

You can start either game whenever you want.  You play these games just like you play the Sims normally but there are rules that have to be followed.  It's basically structured play is all.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Avenger0000

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »
I've read the rules for a Dynasty on this forum. But there are somethings I don't understand completely. Why everyone starting a legacy or dynasty doesn't build a home, but are sleeping on the open lot? Why everyone is marrying or having children at the young adult status? That's what I mean with "rules". There are special rules about starting a dynasty or legacy?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
If an item isn't covered in the written rules, it's permissible.  The lack of home is part of the rules for both challenges, I believe.  You move the founding sim onto a large (usually specific) unoccupied lot.  There isn't much money left over, so only the necessities are purchased.  Walls aren't necessities.   ;)  That's all part of the challenge.  As for the early start to families, there's a lot to accomplish in both types of challenge.  The earlier a start you can get on any part of it, the better.  Since both challenges require subsequent generations, I can only assume the players you've seen want to get as quick a start as possible.  Also, if you delay things until you've got the house and are an adult, you may not be able to achieve all that's required.  I'm not very familiar with the dynasty challenge, but there may also be milestones to be completed before your sim becomes an adult, so waiting wouldn't be allowed.

Sportsfan

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
I've read the rules for a Dynasty on this forum. But there are somethings I don't understand completely. Why everyone starting a legacy or dynasty doesn't build a home, but are sleeping on the open lot? Why everyone is marrying or having children at the young adult status? That's what I mean with "rules". There are special rules about starting a dynasty or legacy?

If you've read the rules then you indeed know that there is a specific lot that has to be chosen.  Once you get there, you only have $1800 and since Edit Town is immediately against the rules you've read - you know that you cant just plop a house down either on that empty lot.  And it depends on what you mean by everyone is doing it.  A lot of it is because we like to get babies out of the way and there are requirements to be done for both challenges that require some really hard work, especially the paintings needed for your founder of a dynasty.   If you have questions regarding doing a dynasty, make sure to read every word to understand what they are and if you still have questions you can ask in the thread for that challenge.   All legacy questions are usually answered in the legacy thread on the official forums by another player.   

This is not me pushing you away.  This is me just saying it's hard to talk about both when they are so different.  I could give you a break down but if you've read the rules, I would just be repeating what you've already read.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Avenger0000

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »
Thank you all who reply this post. Now I understand how to do it. I'll give it a try!

anything