Author Topic: Can't Get Market to Work  (Read 2332 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Can't Get Market to Work
« on: October 22, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to put this but since it happened after I installed Pets so I chose here. I tried to take my Sim to the market and when I click on it nothing happens. I tried clicking on other community lots and it's fine. Then I bulldozed the store and put in another one. And it still doesn't work. I must be the only one who is having this problem because I searched the forum and there was nothing related to this. Help me.  ???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Get Market to Work
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
If you have special seeds in inventory try removing those, saving to the Main Menu, then starting again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:24:14 PM »
I've had it too since installing Pets. As Metro said, just dump all your special seeds on the ground then try again.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Ok I will try the special seeds. I have already tried other households and it seemed to work. Then I even tried the children going to the market and they worked. And she happens to be the one holding the seeds. If this works does this mean I can't get special seeds anymore?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »
It just means that if you have special seed in your inventory, the shop might not work. The solution is quite simple, either plant the seeds, or put them all down on the ground or and this is what I do for things I don't want to carry around, if you travel, grab a chest or two and put all your goodies in there. That way, they are safe from accidentally using as fertilizer or eating (in the case of actual produce)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
Oh thank you so much. It worked! I wish I waited for your responses before I removed my household. I had my kids in prep school so now I have to pay so send them back. Or perhaps I'll keep them out I have to ponder that one. But either way that seemed to be the issue. Glad I didn't delete the family all together. Before I saved the game I actually deleted the seeds. Thinking it was because I had the special seeds before I installed the game. Oh well, I should have waited till a reply came. It was only four seeds. Mom will find them again.  :D

Thank you so much Metro and Twinmum. You saved Sim lives today. HeHeHe

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:35:17 AM »
I'm moving this to the Miscellaneous Help thread because it's not specifically about Pets game play.  It could be a universal bug and others can benefit from the answer.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »
And thank you for doing that, Pam!  I've had this problem occasionally for ages.  I haven't even gotten Pets yet, so it's definitely not related just to that.  I just did without the market for awhile.  I never connected the planting of special seeds with the resolution of the market malfunction!  Thanks Platinum for bringing this up!