Author Topic: Time Stuck?  (Read 3910 times)

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
Time Stuck?
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:17:19 PM »
Has anyone else had their game clock completely freeze since this last patch? No problems with movements,interactions, etc, however, my clock is stuck! The first time it happened I threw a party. Time was fine up until the "Brett's party is about to start soon, perhaps a little set up is in order", then the clock freezes. Party time was set at 4 pm, clock was frozen at 2:59 pm. I reloaded the game, and everything was fine. The next day I threw another birthday party and the same exact thing happened! What's really weird, is that even though the clock is frozen, I got a message one of my sims was late for work, and nightfall had already settled in. It seems like time goes on, IE nightfall etc, except for the actual clock. BIZARRE :o!

It seems to be related to the throw a party interaction. Thoughts?
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Offline Summers

• Occult
Re: Time Stuck?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
In my case, all the sound effects are going with time but all the actions of sims are stopped for 5~6secs since the latest patch just like freezing... It happens once an hour..? My game worked excellent before the patch.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
In my case, all the sound effects are going with time but all the actions of sims are stopped for 5~6secs since the latest patch just like freezing

Yep, same here!! Strange!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 11:11:18 PM »
In my case, all the sound effects are going with time but all the actions of sims are stopped for 5~6secs since the latest patch just like freezing... It happens once an hour..? My game worked excellent before the patch.

Try resetsim * I can't remember at the moment if you need to put a space before the asterisk or not. Anyways, it will reset every sim in the town, so make sure they're not doing anything important first.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 06:16:51 AM »
Try resetsim * I can't remember at the moment if you need to put a space before the asterisk or not. Anyways, it will reset every sim in the town, so make sure they're not doing anything important first.

Thank you. I will try your way when it happens again.:) Actually, it happens more in Sunset Valley, not in the town for Pets. Feels a bit weird.:)
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
The clock stopping is a known "bug". It's thought to be caused by game alarms (things that make your sim do stuff-you don't actually hear them  :)

faulty firefighter alarm, faulty tattoo artists alarm and yes, parties, and even time based opportunities like dancing at a club for 4 hours... viola.

Restarting the game can make the clock work again. I always save right before my Sim calls for a party  :)

You can search "crinrict's blog" for more info on the now 58 (....was 56) known bugs/errors.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
ejnarts1 thank you. Restarting the game hasn't worked at all. Last night, frustrated, I got onto EA's customer support page and entered into a "live chat" session with tech support. I waited 15 minutes for someone to come on-line. Once I finally got someone, I was told "we only deal with billing issues, and technical issues related to the game crashing, nothing else." Then she tells me "try logging onto the EA forums and see if any of your fellow gamers have a solution".. Seriously!  ??? ??? ??? *EDIT* Forums on EA site have been down since I logged off with tech support**

I was so frustrated, I tried looking up other links to find support, when I came across an article from last month. CEO of EA John Riccitiello spoke in front of the Washington DC Chamber of Commerce about how EA "survived a near death experience" the past 3 years and goes on to say that boosting the economy would include ...."hire the best talent from America’s colleges and universities, the importance of teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at home and in schools.." Meanwhile, this man boasts an $800,000.00 a year salary, and I am being told to get help from fellow gamers? Really? >:(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »
ejnarts1 thank you. Restarting the game hasn't worked at all. Last night, frustrated, I got onto EA's customer support page and entered into a "live chat" session with tech support. I waited 15 minutes for someone to come on-line. Once I finally got someone, I was told "we only deal with billing issues, and technical issues related to the game crashing, nothing else." Then she tells me "try logging onto the EA forums and see if any of your fellow gamers have a solution".. Seriously!  ??? ??? ??? *EDIT* Forums on EA site have been down since I logged off with tech support**

I was so frustrated, I tried looking up other links to find support, when I came across an article from last month. CEO of EA John Riccitiello spoke in front of the Washington DC Chamber of Commerce about how EA "survived a near death experience" the past 3 years and goes on to say that boosting the economy would include ...."hire the best talent from America’s colleges and universities, the importance of teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) at home and in schools.." Meanwhile, this man boasts an $800,000.00 a year salary, and I am being told to get help from fellow gamers? Really? >:(

Let's not bash EA , please.  You opened a chat with the wrong department.  That's not EA's fault.  Suggesting you go to your fellow players is a typical response from them, but many times, exact answers are indeed found by a player and shared on a forum.  If your question is a Customer Support issue, go back to their help section and send an email to the right department.  I don't believe they have a live chat there, but they do answer emails within a day or two in my experience.  Or if there's a phone number, try calling it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything