Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 354149 times)

bashiera

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »
So, awesome thread, did MaryMarsh put the ranch up for download anywhere? I've been trying to find a nice house large enough for training and breeding horses, and MaryMarsh's is beautiful.

Offline Thesimsr#1

• Nooboo
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »
I am new to this game, I got the game about two to three weeks ago. I love it every minute I play it. I saw your post and so i read it, after reading it i got so interested in building my own ranch. I have some questions I'd like to ask you. )1. You said you were a world renowned breeder, I'd like to know if i keep up with my breeding do i get a title in the game? )2. How much horses should i start out with? I am not in a rush to get any answers you can answer me back when you have the time. Thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline heatherliz2002

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #437 on: July 22, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
marymarsh, I enjoyed seeing pictures of your newest ranch!  I seem to end up incorporating the gardening skill in most of my games, so I always like to see the layouts other people come up with.

Miss Estella, your horse farm is gorgeous!

My favorite horse farm (my thoroughbred breeding farm) has gotten rather buggy lately, so I've taken a break from playing it.  I hate to give up on it since I'm on the 3rd generation, and I want to continue my original stallion's line.  I might try moving the whole family to a new lot and see if that clears things up.

Catching up on this thread has made me want to get back to playing, and maybe build a new farm :-)

Offline Horse-E-Girl:)

• Nooboo
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
Metropolis ... Thank you for the comment. I'm not sure skills correlate directly to wins. My stallion is maxed out in everything except International wins (in racing and jumping); still, he has not yet won an international competition. I kind of rushed things and probably need to have him enter more 'Advanced' competitions.

BTW, here is a photo of my current herd ...

By marylcmarsh at 2011-10-21

Left to right: Invictus (son of Scenic and Havivi), Scenic (my breeding stallion), Medina (brood mare), Havivi (brood mare), and Sabrina (brood mare).

Invictus is about to be sold. Medina and Sabrina are awaiting arrival of their next foals.

I think EA has done a marvelous job in programming the horses. From these, you can see they really have the classic Arabian look about them. I also like that the foals tend to pick up the conformation and coloring of their dam and sire. All this really adds to enjoyment of the game for me.
They all look beautiful! That is a really good idea to start a breeding program :D I hope i can get a ranch like that :)

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #439 on: August 03, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
Oh wow I haven't been here in ages...my bad!  I have started another sims game- just 1 sim and her horse. the sims name is jeana stonewood (classic eh) and the horse is a dapple grey holstein named chat. i make her compete every day, and ride until she passes out or i get warned her horse will starve xD

Offline AlexMaher

• Nooboo
« Reply #440 on: August 12, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »
Hey everyone, I absolutely loved reading this feed and it inspired me to make a blog based on my current horse ranch!

Here's a link: http://maherhorses.blogspot.co.uk/

If anyone else has a blog like mine I would love to look at it, please give me some feedback if you want to as well!

Thanks xx

Offline Mrs3973

• Nooboo
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
I love the hard work you put into making everything look amazing. Your broodmare Medina reminds me alot of my old stallion Blue Moon's Zephyr, a.k.a Zaire. He was a beautiful black Arabian with a star. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
Wow, it has been awhile since I've been on this thread, and sims as well. My ranch dedicated to creating Nokotas was really buggy, and I found myself interested in other games. I do miss the whole horse ranching idea, though mine never seem to work out.

Nevertheless, I've decided to start a new game, with one trainer/owner and one horse. I plan to build up to a huge horse ranch.

Leto85

« Reply #443 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »
Wow, it has been awhile since I've been on this thread, and sims as well. My ranch dedicated to creating Nokotas was really buggy, and I found myself interested in other games. I do miss the whole horse ranching idea, though mine never seem to work out.

Nevertheless, I've decided to start a new game, with one trainer/owner and one horse. I plan to build up to a huge horse ranch.

You're planning to show some pictures as well? :)

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #444 on: October 04, 2012, 10:56:43 AM »
You're planning to show some pictures as well? :)

Of course!  ;D I've actually gotten quite far in the game, and I'm still interested in it, so that's good. I started out with a red headed cowgirl named Angie and her black Hanoverian stallion dubbed Black Boy. I started out in a tiny lot with just a house and paddock. They galloped to the training grounds everyday and trained. I've progressed lots and I'm thinking about even starting a blog about it, if anyone would be interested in following it and posting the progress of their own ranches.

Offline Wynja

• Nooboo
« Reply #445 on: October 15, 2012, 10:26:36 AM »
Mary: I just wanted to say that your ranch has REALLY inspired me, and for the first time I'm really enjoying having horses and working with them... Your work is amazing, so, yeah... just thank you for being a muse!

MaryMarsh

« Reply #446 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:26 AM »
Holy Cow!!!

Life intervened and I haven't played Sims in quite a while. So, I was more than a little surprised to find this thread still had legs and hadn't been buried by a hundred other threads.

I've got to say, even since the introduction of Showtime and Supernatural, Pets remains my favorite expansion to date. Clearly, I've not been as intrigued by anything so much as developing horse ranches.

I guess I'm a farm girl at heart because gardening runs a close second, with each new EP offering up new plants to grow. I've finally broken the code on gardening indoors, and that has been a real hoot --- though I spend a lot of time mopping up the auto sprinklers (floor drain, please EA) LOL

I'm really looking forward to Seasons, the "country fair" nature of the festivals, and I think it will dovetail very nicely.

Still wish EA would give us milk cows, chickens, and pigs, but I guess that's hoping for too much at this stage. So close to being able to have real farms, but still so far away. Give us tractors, applicable crop-tending implements, and let us grow REAL "gardens."

Take care all.

Offline brittanyboomer

• Nooboo
« Reply #447 on: October 19, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
Hey everyone, I absolutely loved reading this feed and it inspired me to make a blog based on my current horse ranch!

Here's a link: http://maherhorses.blogspot.co.uk/

If anyone else has a blog like mine I would love to look at it, please give me some feedback if you want to as well!

Thanks xx

I love the idea of doing a blog. I'd love to show off my horses! I've been thinking about doing this on tumblr. Like making a simblr, though making it based on my horses.
I would post pictures, but my new ranch is still in the works. I haven't built it yet. xD
But once it has, I shall post pictures!

I came across this thread the other day, and I loved it. I haven't had the time to read ALL of it yet. But I have to say, all the ranches/stables you all built, they're gorgeous!

AND. There is actually something you can download where it helps stop random genetics. It's not perfect, and you still might have some random markings. But I really enjoy it. I've come out with some awesome looking foals from it. ^^

Dellena

« Reply #448 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
I'm amazed this thread is still going as well. :)  But in a good way.

I got Seasons about 5 days ago and I'm loving it.  So far, Winter is my favourite.  I'm playing a family that has a couple horses as well, for pleasure.  They like the snow too!

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #449 on: November 22, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Is this your Darcy-Ranch? It's a beautiful picture. It actually looks like the family is celebrating Christmas inside while the horse passes by.

anything