Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 354067 times)

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #510 on: April 10, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
MaryMarsh left the forum a while ago, I think. :( Hopefully more people will join again, though. I've recently started my own ranch.

Dellena

« Reply #511 on: April 10, 2014, 03:37:44 AM »
I wonder what a horse ranch of the future would look like?  I might have to play around in Oasis Landing in a week or so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #512 on: April 10, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »
Okay, guys, I really need your help. My mare, Tidal, just gave birth to a filly! But I have no idea what I should name her! Suggestions would be great! My other mare, Amaya, will be giving birth soon too; so name suggestions would be ideal. :)

Dellena

« Reply #513 on: April 10, 2014, 05:35:54 AM »
Peaches   :) 

Although if you're looking for a tool for names, try looking up baby names online.  There's a lot of them out there and you can get great ideas from them.  Especially if they do ethnic ones.

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #514 on: April 10, 2014, 05:58:25 AM »
Welcome to Emerald Acres Horse Ranch!
(I don't know what breed they are as I downloaded all of my starting horses form LittleV)

The stable has room for 5 horses and their is a glass wall separating them from the business side.
The house has a living room, a dining room, an eat-in kitchen, 3 bathrooms, 2 master bedrooms, 1 study, 1 balcony common area and 1 gym (but I might turn that into a third bedroom as Sam and Holly have been wanting to try for a baby.)
You can get the house on its own or together with the ranch at my studio; http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?action=default&persona=avalxnche
I will be uploading them shortly.

This is our stallion; Apollo.

This is one of our two mares;  Amaya.

This is the other mare; Tidal.

The two mares drinking, side by side.

Here is the gang! These guys made it all possible. From left to right: Oliver Williams (brother of Holly Williams), Holly Williams (sister of Oliver Williams, wife to Sam Davis), Sam Davis (brother-in-law to Olive Williams, husband to Holly Williams).

I'll post more photos as soon as I can. Tidal recently gave birth to a beautiful filly called Era. Amaya is expecting.

Dellena

« Reply #515 on: April 10, 2014, 07:31:43 AM »
Looks good :)

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #516 on: April 10, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »
Our first foal; a filly.

Era
Sire: Apollo
Dam: Tidal
Traits: Obedient, Agile, Untrained

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Era is all grown up now!

She had just lost her "untrained" trait. That is Oliver riding her.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #517 on: April 10, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
The second foal; another filly.

(I forgot to get a photo of when she was a foal, so I'll just post a grown up photo)

Rayne
Dam: Amaya
Traits: Obedient, Fast, Untrained

In the photo posted, Sam is riding her and she had just lost the "untrained" trait.

P.S sorry for posting so much, I'm excited! :P

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #518 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
Update
Rayne sold for 9,300
Era sold for 8,500
Apollo and Tidal have both mastered the jumping and running skill.
Amaya has mastered the running skill and is very close to mastering the jumping skill.
Apollo and Tidal are trying for a foal.
Sam and Holly are trying for a baby.

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #519 on: April 10, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
Your ranch looks wonderful, avalxnche. It looks like you're having a lot of fun with your horses and sims. :)

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:40 AM »
Thanks, Estella. Ages ago I got into the sims 3 ranch life because of Mary. All of the lots I made weren't that good so I never shared them, that and the fact that no one had posted on this forum since like 2012. But I recently checked the forum out again; low and behold, people were posting!That got me really excited because I've always wanted to join a casual sims 3 community, nothing like equus sims. (Although, I have been thinking about joining that recently.) Sims 3 ranch life really pulls you in and doesn't let go!
By the way: Holly, Tidal and Amaya are all expecting! Apollo is doing very well in his races, winning almost all of them.

Offline avalxnche

• Nooboo
    • Avalxnche Tumblr
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2014, 04:19:50 AM »
Another filly; Peaches

Peaches
Dam: Tidal
Traits: Brave, Obedient, Untrained

Offline amelia

• Nooboo
  • fly away with me
« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2014, 10:31:37 PM »
Hello! I'm new  ;D I have been sneaking around for a while and reading y'alls posts…I just wanted to say, thank for the inspiration! I used Dellena's Bridge House from House Swap to start my Breeding Program. I'll show y'all some pictures later, just wanted to make my presence known :)
-amelia

hello.
my name is amelia.
if you need me, or i haven't replied
message me.
[ origin account ]

washington dynasty williams dynasty disaster dynasty

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
« Reply #523 on: December 20, 2014, 10:24:01 PM »
I hope reviving an old thread is OK. I've been lurking on the forums since my husband introduced me to sims3 about a year ago (he already had the base game and a handful of EPs before we got together and now that the release of Sims4 has reduced the price of Sims3 EPs to a reasonable level we have added Pets, Generations, and Into the Future).
I was inspired by this thread to attempt a horse ranch of my own.
I started with 2 sims (an engaged couple, Anna and Aethelred) and 2 horses (a Mare, Banner and a Stallion, Brony). I like to use British royal dynasties to pick a surname and remembered an anecdote about George III being known as 'Farmer George' because he took an interest in the agricultural revolution that was happening during the 18th century (things like crop rotation to increase soil fertility, selective breeding of animals etc.).
This is a roundabout way of saying I picked the surname Hannover for my Sims. Then when I had created my sims and moved on to create a horse I found the Hannoverian breed (which I don't remember noticing when I went through my horse mad phase in my early teens) and it seemed like a natural fit.
I will try to post some pictures with more details tomorrow (today I'm on the laptop without Sims installed).

Offline MagpieC

• Nooboo
« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2014, 03:29:35 AM »
So, not quite as soon as I originally planned here are some screenshots of my horses.
I started with Banner (here being ridden by Aethelred)

And Brony (ridden by Anna)

And then I adopted Fru Fru (a mare) as a foal from Honey Darnell, orignally with the intention of training her and then selling her off. But then I got attached and decided I wanted to see what a foal from her would look like. I got my answer when she gave birth to a colt named Cavilier (I'm trying to do an alphabetical theme to keep track of generations).

The next  conception with Brony and Banner was fraught as I thought that keeping my sims inside and the horses outside would be fine but apparently they saw Brony making his move out of the kitchen window and got the 'witnessed betrayal' moodlet.

But a few days later a filly Coco was born.

anything