Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 354071 times)

VampirePlasma

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Not sure, but you guys might want to PM this so the thread stays on topic.  :-\

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:46 PM »
Yes. Perhaps Dellana you should create a thread where people can request houses from you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
Probably the best idea for folks would be to send me a private message with their request and I'll upload them to Shop and Swap when I'm done. :)  Then when they're up and running with their ranches, they can post here how it's going. :)

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »
By the way, where's Mary? She hasn't posted since like November 1st.

Dellena

« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
I completed the project for slpc04 and sent it to her.  You can see it on my blog.  Hopefully, she'll start posting pics and info about her new ranch soon! :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
Yes. Perhaps Dellana you should create a thread where people can request houses from you?

We already have a Request Thread, there area few farms on there. All the requests there are open to anyone but it's worth checking the latest posts to see if anyone has been working on something. Here is the Thread. There are a few farm/ranch requests on there.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline CowgirlBlues

• Llama Wrangler
    • My Sims Page
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »
I do own a Horse Ranch community building but how do you keep your horses there and does that allow you have more horses or is your limit still capped?  My main problem is I simply can't part with any of my horses!  My original intention was to 'rescue' wild horses by adopting and selling them.  I got the adoption part down pat.  The selling part?  Not so much.
Owning community lots won't change your Household maximum Sims limit.

I think if you control the horses and just tell them to eat/sleep/train at the Equestrian Center they'll do so even without owning the lot. I adopted a Unicorn that autonomously preferred to hang out at the Equestrian Center all day and night.
I'm also role-playing a similar rescue ranch: "Wild Mustang Rescue and Troubled Teens Ranch", where I have a trained Horseman who adopts horses from the wild or the shelter, and adopts children, and the children have to take care of the horses after school. I find it easier to part with the horses by moving them out to a new house with one of the children I have raised.

My role-play ranch involves a rule that a child who ages up well to Young Adult gets to take with him whichever horse he has become Best Friends with. With aging off you have plenty of time to sell a few horses to level up the horseman career if you're going for that, and still let your sim children befriend one before they move out into the world.
Check out my app "Equestrian Center - Horse Guide for The Sims 3:Pets" for iPhone and iPad. Everything you need to know to adopt, befriend, train, breed, and sell your horses. All about Unicorns too! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/equestrian-center-horse-guide/id482247698?mt=8&uo=4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
I'm also role-playing a similar rescue ranch: "Wild Mustang Rescue and Troubled Teens Ranch", where I have a trained Horseman who adopts horses from the wild or the shelter, and adopts children, and the children have to take care of the horses after school. I find it easier to part with the horses by moving them out to a new house with one of the children I have raised.

My role-play ranch involves a rule that a child who ages up well to Young Adult gets to take with him whichever horse he has become Best Friends with. With aging off you have plenty of time to sell a few horses to level up the horseman career if you're going for that, and still let your sim children befriend one before they move out into the world.

This is an outstanding idea!  Well done!

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #293 on: November 25, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
Yes!!! I got Sims 3 Pets, & I'm ready to begin my horse ranch. Now I just got to fiddle with my graphics card and hopefully it will install with no problems!

Dellena

« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
Keep us posted on your progress. :)

Dellena

« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »
I finally got back to my Darcy Ranch and Parlexa aged up:

She aged up with maxed out jumping but nothing in racing.  I'll have two versions of her on Shop & Swap soon (one that will have no skills, one that will have skills with instructions on how to get her into your household).

Dellena

« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:49 AM »
Parlexa sold for $15,652

Jumping 10
Racing 3
Agile
Fast
Happiness was maxed out
Sire is a Champion Racehorse
Dam is a Jumping Star

ilovehorses4ever

« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2011, 05:23:03 PM »
Hi I have loved horses forever and always will! :)

I have played the Sims since I was tiny and rode horses before I could sit up straight (my mum would hold me on the front of the saddle and we would go out for hacks)!!

Anyway I have just created a breeding ranch, I breed Arabians!!  ;D

Dellena

« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »
Welcome to the madness! ;)

Offline Miss Estella

• Llama Wrangler
  • ❤ Sims
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2011, 11:04:12 PM »
Played for like 5 hours today! It was fantastic, and the game ran smoothly except for a quirky one-time glitch where my horse ran through the barn door while using the race track.  But other than that, I'm happy with Sims 3 Pets. My ranch is up and running, for the first sim week, I'm going to concentrate on maxing all skills and winning competitions but after that my breeding program will start. I plan to play more tomorrow so I will post some pictures later. But now I should head for bed. Happy Simming!