Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 354069 times)

Dellena

Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
Here's the Darcy Ranch:

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »
I like it; very nice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
WOW  what size is that lot? it looks huge!  I love the way you decorated it round the jumps too, don't know why I didn't, it looks cool.

Dellena

« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
WOW  what size is that lot? it looks huge!  I love the way you decorated it round the jumps too, don't know why I didn't, it looks cool.

It's the largest available lot - I think it's 64x64.  And thanks!  I enjoy the landscaping although it's generally the last thing I work on and I do it in bits.

Leto85

« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »
It looks very nice Dellena. And your landscaping is awesome, in my opinion. :)

Dellena

« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
It looks very nice Dellena. And your landscaping is awesome, in my opinion. :)

Thanks again. :)  To my eyes, landscaping is what makes a lot really come alive and look 'real'.  But I don't want to digress from the thread subject.

I really like what Mary did with the Horse Ranch.  I want to do something similar but keep the look more in line with the equestrian center across the street.  The Darcy's own them both so I'm also kicking around new names for both facilities.

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2011, 07:17:05 AM »
That truly is a great farm Dellena! I'm always impressed how creative everyone is. When I look at your or Mary's farms, mine looks plain boring!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MaryMarsh

« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
Sorry, guys, I'm on an extended Amtrak vacation and don't have connectivity while onboard.

Dellena ... your ranch is fantastic! As everyone else, I think you did a wonderful job landscaping. I usually do very little because it's the one thing that affects my lag negatively.

I've got a new idea for a house I'm going to work on later. It will take almost no space on the lot, so I'll have more room for horse stuff  ;D

I'm in Chicago now, next stop is Seattle; thus, I'll be offline for the next three days and two nights.

Be well.

Dellena

« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »
Be safe, Mary, and travel well. :)

Here's how my training grounds turned out:

Interior has an observation deck upstairs with a bar and plenty of seating.  Guests can look down into the three stalls at the rear or out over the action on the arena floor.  There are ladies and gents facilities on the ground floor as well.

I've also managed three days in a row now with Darcy, Elizabeth and Alexander all competing at the Equestrian Center.  I'm getting good on how to que them up.  Flipping back and forth between all three competitions is exciting!

MaryMarsh

« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »
You're better than me, Dellena. I have a horrible problem getting multiple horses/riders in the Equestrian Center for competion; they invariably get in one anothers way and the icon times out. Also, with multiple horses I don't get the yellow racing screen so I have no way of changing race strategies.

I like your arena, though it's dark. You can use overhead lights for the first level, they won't get in the rider's way, but they look funky.

Dellena

« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to flood the floor with lights I think - I cheated and used the buydebug area lights so I wouldn't see annoying fixtures everywhere.

As for the multiple races.  Here's how I do it.  Between 4 and 4:30, I get them all queued up and "Go for a ride" - usually trot.  Then right at 5, I queue each of them for their individual races.  So far, as long as I que them at 5 or just a bit after, they all manage to ride to the center and get in their races.  I had the problem you mentioned if I had them all ride to the center and then queued them up at 5 with them all standing there.  They got in each other's way.  This way, they tend to have time to work out the order that they go in.  I get the special racing screen for each of them as well when I click on the rider.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
Could someone help me with my building problem? I was trying to put jumps together but they didn't have enough rooms and/or wouldn't 'connect' together so the horse can jump them one after another.

Picture (sorry it's in the dark I didn't have any other pictures taken of it):

How do i make them connect, and is the problem that there isn't enough room?
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Dellena

« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:38 PM »
My best advice is to open a fresh new Appaloosa Plains game, don't bother saving.  Edit Town and build/buy on the equestrian training grounds.  Pick up a jump and see how they work.  Also notice you only need 4 racing poles to have the horse race in a circle.  If you have two, they'll use them like a relay.  Again, use the training grounds as a guide.  That's how I learned.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »
My best advice is to open a fresh new Appaloosa Plains game, don't bother saving.  Edit Town and build/buy on the equestrian training grounds.  Pick up a jump and see how they work.  Also notice you only need 4 racing poles to have the horse race in a circle.  If you have two, they'll use them like a relay.  Again, use the training grounds as a guide.  That's how I learned.
Thanks, I'll check it out! :D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline DoubleWe

• Townie
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2011, 05:03:20 AM »
Is it possible to buy the equestrian center and change it in building so it wouldn't be a rabbit hole anymore? Would you still be able to participate in races and so on? Or has it to stay like it is?