Author Topic: Unable to add rooms - covered with floor tile  (Read 29541 times)

jerseymish

Unable to add rooms - covered with floor tile
« on: October 20, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
I've been playing for a while now but have never encountered this situation. Has anyone come up against the "covered by floor tile" message when trying to add rooms/walls? I just moved into a new place. First I was going to make a room out of the garage. I wanted to split the garage into 2 rooms but when I went to put in a wall I got the "covered by floor tile" message. I tried various things: deleted what was there, leveled the terrain, flattened the lot, got rid of the existing walls to put up new ones, deleted the whole garage including roof,....didn't work. I then abandoned the garage and decided to put a room on the other side of the house. I got the same "covered by floor tile" message on that side of the house too.

Does anyone know how to get by this "covered by floor tile" situation?  :(

loveSims

Re: Unable to add rooms - covered with floor tile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »
It can be that the tool that cover a whole floor in a room is on. Change it to cover single tile and see if it helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 06:21:51 AM »
It can also be a problem with wall heights. You could try using the 'constrainfloorelevation false' cheat. Make sure you turn it off when you are done though 'constrainfloorelevation true'; otherwise it can really mess up your building.

jerseymish

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »
Thanks I'll try both to see what happens. Right now, though, I'm running into the "constantly freezes/pauses" situation that's driving me nuts! Once I can get that cleared up I'll see what happens with the wall situation.