Author Topic: Storage question...  (Read 9348 times)

Offline AStephens1971

• Nooboo
Storage question...
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:21:58 AM »
Lately, when I play a sim (or a group of sims), I've had them cultivate a garden with the intent of going into nectar making. I've provided a couple of "storage" chests for their harvests.... I put the fruit (sans tomatoes) into one and everything else into the other to take to the store later... what I was wondering was, will the fruits/veggies I keep in storage deteriorate in quality as they might if I just kept them in the refrigerator? ???

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Storage question...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:43:45 AM »
I don't think Fruits and Veg deteriorate in the Fridge, only cooked meals do that. They don't deteriorate as far as I have seen. The only downside to storing in the fridge is that when a meal is cooked those stored fruits/veg can be used in the food. So if you don't want that to happen the Chests are the best option.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Samoht is right - produce or fish will never deteriorate, whether it's in the fridge, a chest, or your Sim's inventory.  Only cooked food spoils.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
As stated, produce (both veggies and fish) do not go bad.  But here's an interesting thing about those chests:

Anything stored in a chest is effectively frozen in time.  You can even store prepared meals in there, and they won't go bad.  However, you lose the convenience of sending the sim to the refrigerator to remove a single serving of a group meal.  Anything placed in there must be removed manually and placed on a surface so it can be consumed.  But this is very handy for storing meals that you don't want your Sims to autonomously snack on (like Ambrosia).

Also, if you would be so kind as to change the title of your thread so that it better reflects what your thread is about, it would be appreciated by the staff.  Making the title more descriptive increases the chances that someone will actually look at your thread, since the viewers will have a better idea as to whether or not they have something to add or if the topic is of any interest to them.  Had I not been a moderator, I probably wouldn't have even looked at it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.