Author Topic: Sim stuck while dying  (Read 9665 times)

Addict

Sim stuck while dying
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
Me again!

So here's the problem; my Sim began the dying process, only it started outside of work, and now he is stuck. I quit and reloaded and now instead of a ghost floating, he is just a Sim floating... I have tried move objects and resetting him, but nothing! I can't edit the town and nor can I move, as technically it's still in the Grim Reaper Stage, I fear I have broken it :/

Strange.

Addict x

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Dead or Alive
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
Try going back to a previous save game.  The game automatically saves a back up copy of your previous save.  Instructions are here.

Also, when starting a topic, it's important that the subject be as specific as possible for the issue discussed.  I would suggest something like "Sim Stuck While Dying" for this one.  You can change the subject by modifying the first post.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Sim stuck while dying
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
This has happened to me before, although it was a long time ago (so this has been around for a while).  It's only happened once, so I can't really peg the why.  The only thing I can figure is that he died during his shift, and somehow that prevents Grimmy from coming to collect him.  I have my elders retire early on now so they can die peaceably at home, so I've never seen this again.

Just like you, once it happened there was no way to correct it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:21:13 AM »
That happened to me too.  It was because I had no grim reaper in my neighbourhood - I don't know why.  I was able to spawn a new grim reaper through the letterbox - shift click/force NPC.  I use mods so I am not sure if that option is normally available in an unmodded game.  You most likely need to set testingcheatsenabled to true at the least.

Addict

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies =)

Haven't found a way round it as yet, I guess the answer is just to avoid it happening =)

Addict x