Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63739 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions News Blog: **Updated Blog #2**
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
Just watched the trailer again and at the scientists scene, what walked across the screen in the background? It looked like a robot, or maybe a little creature called a Servo?  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
Just watched the trailer again and at the scientists scene, what walked across the screen in the background? It looked like a robot, or maybe a little creature called a Servo?  ;D
I know! I said a couple of posts back that I can bet it'll be the new life state! Servo-sims, yay! *fingers crossed*
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 04:08:28 PM »
Or forward to The Sims 4 and 5.

BACK TO THE FUTURE!!! No I really want a delorean for my sims.

Send you back to Sims 1 or 2  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »
If it has to save every second, then that kind of game is just too much yet for the personal computers this day. But think of it this way: the moment you turn on your time machine, the machine will actually save that moment as a point in time to travel back to later, from the future. With upgrading stuff, your handiness Sim can build in memory space for more moments to save. That way the computer doesn't have to save every second of it, just one moment. And saving the time where he came from maybe doesn't matter though, because when the traveler goes back to a previous saved moment, he changes the future anyway, just by being there. It is sort of like traveling through your older savefiles, but then with your Sim. I believe that will be technically possible and I really hope EA will put that in Ambitions.

And in case some of you ask why we will need all that stuff in the game, I can give you multiple reasons: we all know there will be disasters occurring in the game after you've installed Ambitions. Fire, gnome terror, even earthquakes. What will you do when an earthquake destroys your home with your whole collection of rare gems and expensive nectar in it? You just wish that you would have put that stuff somewhere else, before the earthquake destroyed it.
And then, you will be more than happy with that time machine and that save point from right before the earthquake started.
This way, time traveling in The Sims will be more powerful than loading up your previous save file because you don't have to loose the process your sim has gone through.

They had a time machine in the trailer a couple of posts back.
Somehow though I doubt that you could go backwards in the actual sim time; I believe more that it's just that you choose when you're wanting to go and then the guy maybe jumps back to the jurassic and comes back immediately with a reward or similar. It would take far too much memory space to save each second of the neighbourhood for you to go back to, so I think that's a bit unrealistic.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2010, 04:58:31 AM »
I have a feeling that we won't go back in time but it will be one of those adventures you can do like exploring the catacombs of the mausoleum... because in the video it showed him going into it then a few seconds later coming out dressed like a cave man.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
I'm with samoht on this one, I think it will be another mini in game thingy.

I like the idea of following your sim to work but I'm not sure how this will work where you have more than one sim in a 'followable' career.

Having said that I am waiting with baited breath for it to arrive through my door and, as with all new expansion packs will spend many happy hours exploring the new features!

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
I have a feeling that we won't go back in time but it will be one of those adventures you can do like exploring the catacombs of the mausoleum... because in the video it showed him going into it then a few seconds later coming out dressed like a cave man.

If he comes out in a caveman outfit, wouldn't that be an indication that he has traveled back in time and weren't arrows being shot at him in the pic/video (can't remember which one had the arrows and to lazy to look right now  :-[ ).

I hope they can explore the catacombs or that mine with the eyes that are looking at you!  :o

Well one thing is for sure, they certainly have a lot going on in this next EP, I hope my computer can handle all this fun!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
I remember seeing the arrows too.  This should be interesting.  I wonder what they will think of next, one can only imagine. :o
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2010, 04:19:24 AM »
What prices can people Ambitions for? I can get mine at £17.99 with Free Delivery!  :D I don't know what that is in Dollars though...  ;)

Germans are calling it Dream Careers apparently and they also get a collectors edition  :( But there is an item coming soon in UK which has no info apart from
The Sims 3: Commemorative Edition

-http://news.infinitesims.com/423/sims-3-commemorative-edition-details/

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »
In the United States, Ambitions is priced for about $40.00.  According to my exchange rate calculator, that's 26 British pounds, 43 Australian dollars, 290 Swedish kronas, and 491 Mexican pesos.  Did I miss anyone?  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »
In the United States, Ambitions is priced for about $40.00.  According to my exchange rate calculator, that's 26 British pounds, 43 Australian dollars, 290 Swedish kronas, and 491 Mexican pesos.  Did I miss anyone?  :D

Yeah, you've 'just' missed a few lands where we pay in euro's. ;) Hahaha! :D Acording to this site (http://www.gameorder.nl/de-sims-ambitie-ambitions-pc-dvdrom-p-4682.html) Ambitions will probably be somewhere around €29,99, which I thought will be cheaper than in the US. But I can be wrong with that. Even the price is probably not sure. Little help here, Illuminator guy? You're Dutch, too.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2010, 07:04:58 AM »
How embarrassing!   :-[

Our $40 is 30 Euros.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
How embarrassing!   :-[

Our $40 is 30 Euros.

Yeah, well. Off topic: I am not really happy with the euro. I miss the old gulden that was worth half of one euro. When the euro arrived, some stores just replaced the old gulden sign with the euro which makes the product twice as expensive at once! No wonder we are in the middle of an economic crisis.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »
Well, maybe you're right Leto, but I am very happy I do not have to exchange my money for some foreign currency.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
Well, maybe you're right Leto, but I am very happy I do not have to exchange my money for some foreign currency.

That's totally true. But in my opinion that is still the only benefit of the euro. Besides they having a nice design and are fun to collect.