Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63744 times)

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
Re: New Expansion Pack Announced!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
Going to the Fireman thing again, I wonder if that was the acctual workplace they were in or whether you get the firemans pole as an object? Another thing is 'THE SIZE OF THE FIRE!' It was all over, will fires spread through walls and upstairs? Will you have to buy a new door when the fireman breaks it down? I know lots of questions but then I like suprises  ;D
Well, until the game is released, only the developers will truly know what's in the game, so you will get a surprise unless you wait a while to get the game.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
I wonder what will happen to the NPC firemen now, if they will still be there and if they will still be able to pass down the hidden traits, or if we have a sim that is a fireman, if they can pass down one of the two traits.
We currently have both the law enforcement career and NPC police officers, so I don't see why they couldn't have two types of firefighters.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TylerDurden

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 09:06:49 PM »
Will your Sim find success as a billionaire high-tech inventor?
I'm already a billionaire rock collecting metal smelter!  I hope they add a few zeroes to the money potential... I want to be a QUINTILLIONAIRE!  My net worth needs to be written out in exponential notation!

Either that or I will be a pyro and burn down the town just to see a smoldering ruin, I'll pretend it was a volcano eruption.  :o  Since they are adding the fireman as a playable job, I would think that the hidden traits will become visible and selectable.

I will rather enjoy the inventor job.  Sounds fun for the mad scientist lurking inside me.  Plus, it looks like you can make robots again. <cheers & dances>

Much like all the other SIMS expansion packs, this one will be downloaded the day it becomes available.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 11:58:23 PM »
Well being totally addicted to Sims, I am excited for the new EP!  ;D  Of course, I cringe at the thought of what some Simmers might/will do with the chainsaw and ax... :P

About the Firemen, I wonder if they will get a fire truck to drive like the policemen get a police car...that could be fun!  :D 

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »
Much like all the other SIMS expansion packs, this one will be downloaded the day it becomes available.
I do hope that you mean downloaded from a legal site where you buy the game.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »

I bet they do. I'm a huge fan of direct2drive. I don't have to have a place to store my games now and I don't think this service is going anywhere any time soon :)

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 10:43:35 PM »
That's a cool place, Carl. You also don't have to worry about a store near you running out of a certain game.
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TylerDurden

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
EA Downloader plugs directly into EA Games... But I grab most of my downloaded games from STEAM so that I don't have to lug more CD's around with me than I already have.  TWO 100 cd spindles is quite enough thank you.

While I somewhat dislike having to have an intarweb connection to get new games, it is still better than having to drag a cd around and swap it out when I want to play something else.

sherlockholmes

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
Ambitions sounds great, but I'm a bit apprehensive. Sims doesn't do well as an rpg or an rpg similar game. It's better as a sandbox.

WA Rant starts here: If you want to read about my thoughts on Ambitions, scroll down.

WA for example- the quests are in general pretty good, but I don't think I've gone traveling after about 4 trips. Tomb raiding was finnicky-traps and such were a repetitive pain, buggy quests were very frustrating, pushing statues was annoying, etc. They made it easy and repetitive, which is very boring. Maybe you don't agree with me but I thought WA was a bad EP. The only part that I mildly enjoyed were the new skills. Not worth 50 dollars for a couple new skills. The skills weren't very appealing to me either. Nectar making was fun, but martial arts had little practicality outside of tomb raiding (in Egypt) and photography was a good idea but very finnicky as well. Timing was stupidly hard and object recognition was terrible.

Sorry for my rant about WA. But if you can see my point, Sims is better simpler. Making something that sophisticated presents some possible issues for me:

Movement obstructed while working: the workplaces look crowded on the trailer. When going from place to place, I hate it when Sims wait 30 minutes trying to figure out a way to walk around each other.
Stupid AI while firefighting: complicated situations (a FIRE for instance) require complicated responses. From what I've seen in WA, sims isnt good at complicated responses.
Private eye: roleplaying problems. Also, finding evidence and things like that is like collecting, which i dont really enjoy. Collecting is easy, boring, and repetitive. Also, detective work involves putting two and two together on your own. In WA, two and two was always put together for you, sometimes in ways that didnt make sense.
Also, one reason I prefer careers over self-employment is that in careers, sims are on autopilot, and it's very simple. Send them there, pick a tone, forget about them until they're done with work. Self employment meant that I had another Sim I had to keep an eye on. For the same reason why it's tough to go tomb raiding with a family, I think it would be tough to monitor a Sim at work and your Sims at home or around town.
Inventing: Well, I can't say much about that because I have no clue how it will work.
Art related stuff: well architecture sounds the most fun. It's like build/buy mode but at work. I would definitely enjoy it because you get to think for yourself. Tattoing sounds pretty interesting, but the quality of that and fashion design will in the end be determined by the controls.

But on the flipside, there are plenty of ways for it to be tons of fun, but you already know that.

Sorry for the long post lol

[Edited for punctuation.  -Pam]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
Also, one reason I prefer careers over self employment is that in careers, sims are on autopilot, and its very simple. Send them there, pick a tone, forget about them till their done with work. Self employment meant that I had another sim I had to keep an eye on.

That's interesting because I'm just the opposite. I want to control my Sims more which is precisely why I often shun careers in favor of self-employment.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »
Everyone has their own opinion, sherlockholmes.  Some of the things you're ranting about are my favorites.  But really, if you're so frustrated by the this new expansion pack, then don't buy it.  Problem solved.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »
Without a doubt, I will probably buy the game.  I can't really make a comment on it since I only know what I have seen in the trailer, but I am trying to figure out how it is going to work if you have a family and the two parents work and you have to control them both by going back and forth to each job, there again, since we don't have the game, I can't really say how I am going to like it.  I kind of like the fact of sending a sim off to work and then taking care of the rest of the family.  Plus, I can see a fire breaking out and trying to get a bunch of people out and they are all standing around tapping their toes and then burning up in the process, LOL.  Oh well, we will see, it probably will be great and it sounds different, so it should be fun.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

TylerDurden

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
Without a doubt, I will probably buy the game.  I can't really make a comment on it since I only know what I have seen in the trailer, but I am trying to figure out how it is going to work if you have a family and the two parents work and you have to control them both by going back and forth to each job,
If this is what ends up happening, SIMS 3 will become anathema to me.  Having 2 people to control on micromanaged events is a galactic level pain.  I don't ever have more than one person go on vacation at the same time because the autonomous actions seem to be run by a punch drunk monkey.  If I have to micromanage work for every adult and have no ability to put the day on autopilot (i.e. make it mimic the current system .. at least for one adult) then the expansion will kill the game for me.

I hope EA treads very carefully with the fully expanded workday.  I am interested and will be buying the expansion, but it will drastically change my play if it is done poorly.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
I am so addicted to this game, I am sure it can be worked out.  I can multitask, but like you, I concentrate so much on one sim that I too, usually take one sim on vacation.  At home, I do not have a problem with more sims, in a couple of games I have 8 sims, six being youths and toddlers, so I am sure with this new game play there will be ways of playing.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
If you've got some Sims 3 chops, which most of us do, I can't imagine the career micromanaging of Ambitions resulting in a game-breaker. As long as you can kick your Sims out the door with all bars fully green, then what could possibly be a concern? Now, if you're constantly bombarded with messages requiring you to do this and that with your career Sim, then yeah, that could get tedious. We'll just have to wait and see.

anything