Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63733 times)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
Re: Ambitions News
« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2010, 07:29:08 PM »
I posted this on the Free Stuff at Store Thread but it is relevant to here too!  ;)
Look what I found that will be free when you register Ambitions!

- http://gb.store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12492&pcategoryId=12490&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:21267

Now that is a cool gift!

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
Congrats!  Please tell us about the update that supposed to happen...I think it comes when you install your game.

I am so drooling right now. :D  I will have to wait til Tuesday to pick up pre-ordered copy...shoot!

Hi Bsahg, I checked the EA website for details about the update before I installed the game.  Unfortunately, seems they have no News about the update.  I have had trouble accessing the EA forum all week so I don't know if anyone posted a thread about the update.  I installed Ambitions and it did prompt me to update my game so I did and now I am on ver.4.0.87.006001.  So sorry no info for you.
EA did add another news Blog about Ambitions which can be found here:
http://www.thesims3.com/ep2_blog_may27
I'll post a few pics...Here's the SimBot the game named him Rickey.  He was from the LTR and you receive a notice that your SimBot is on his/her way and will arrive shortly, LOL:

Moved my Sim into a EA home that came with the washer and dryer.

This is a yard game your Sims can play it's called "Portable Gnubb Set", sorry the shot is not that great, but the figure in the middle looks like a king and the figures on the outside rows look like the freezer bunny.  Your Sim has to throw  stick and knock down the bunnies then the king, it kinda lame. LOL

My Sim is an Investigator, the outfit with the hat is one of the work outfits, he's just an eavesdropper right now. LOL.  I was going to post a pic of him on a stakeout (which was hilarious), but I didn't want to spoil any one's fun of finding out some of the new animations.  Well I won't have too much time this Holiday weekend to play (darn!) have some company coming, in fact there's the door now.  :P
Happy Simming all!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2010, 05:54:10 AM »
HA! HA! I know what game that is!!!

That is "kubb", it's a Swedish summer game you play on your lawn with the whole family. What's interesting is, it doesn't usually exist outside Sweden since it originated from here! How could they have included that? Someone there at EA must be Swedish. :D

Here, there's a wikipedia article about it. I'm positive that's the game. Just wait, it's gonna be called kubb in my Swedish version.

The rules are simple: Toss 6 sticks to hit those log pieces furthest away (where I come from we call them knektar ("knights"), but I've heard them being called "kubbs" or something by others). You may not hit the king in the middle, then you'll automatically lose.

If the opposing team can tip over one of your knights, you toss it over on their half of the playfield and it's counted as one of their knights. You are only allowed to toss your sticks from a knight's position, so the closer you threw it to their "baseline", the harder time they have to knock over your knights, but the harder you have to re-conquer it. If one team can get all 10 knights, then they can go after the king, but must throw from the baseline. If they succeed, they win.

EDIT: It's not lame, it's very funny on a summer day with your whole family. Especially if you're allowed to psyche them (quite a concentration game).
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2010, 06:13:14 AM »
Swede is right! It's not lame! I do play this sometimes with my family. I never knew it was Swedish!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »
I like the picture of Ricky the Robot arriving in the taxi.  To those lucky people that already have Ambitions or the Ambitions Guide, can you tell us more about the robots?  Do they have traits and lifetime wishes?  In Sims 2, they took on the personality of the person who "initialized" them.  It looks like my game won't arrive until late next week, so I'm desperate for more information!

I'm also wondering about the laundry thing.  Mostly, I can't see why anyone would bother.  Is there some special benefit to doing laundry?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »
Wow, I forgot to log off of here last night. :-[  Anyway I have a few more pics before I have to dash out.
I'm sure any RL (real life) game is fun, but watching my lone Sim throw a stick seemed lame. :P  The Gnubb Set is supposed to be a group game and maybe watching more than one Sim play might have more funny animations to see.  The game is portable, so I'm sure it will come in handy to help with social situations ( Parties) and help make your Sim some friends. ;)  However, the game needs a large area to be placed down on the ground to play.  I haven't been to the Park yet, but I'm sure you will be able to plunk it down somewhere. ;D
@Schipperke, thanks about the pic. ;D  The Sim Bots come with a LTW, Rickey wants to be a Fire Fighter and he also came with traits.  His needs are 1. Scrap Reserves, can eat food or metal scraps
2. Human Interaction (social)  3. Waste Buildup (toilet)  4.Hygiene-N/A, Sim Bots are always clean and well oiled, LOL  5. Charge (sleep)  6. Trivial Entertainment .  When I click on objects for him to interact with there is always an option to Smash, but I haven't had him smash anything yet.  Not sure if there is any advantage to having a washer, but when I read the London hands on blog they said there was some surprise, which I haven't discovered yet. ;)   Here's a couple more pics of him, one fighting a fire and he was trying to upgrade the washer and sink and broke them. :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
I'm also wondering about the laundry thing.  Mostly, I can't see why anyone would bother.  Is there some special benefit to doing laundry?

There's supposed to be a change in Ambitions where Sims get a positive moodlet from wearing clean clothes.  And when they spin out of them, they'll be laying on the floor.  So, I'm sure those are fairly good reasons to bother with doing laundry.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
Thanks for the update info igzigpuff!  I am so gunshy since the update to WA essentially fried the saves til the next patch came out...I guess I'm just anxious.  So glad everything worked good in your game.  ;D  Those are some really cute pictures...love the one where the bot is breaking everything. :D

I can't wait til Tuesday. ;D

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
So I wanted to add some info on the robot as I played around with one. Mine was a female named Shonna. They are automatically best friends with the Sim who chose the lifetime reward. You don't get any choice. But they are just like any other sim. They are fully controllable and can have romantic interactions with humans and even woohoo but no try for baby so female robots can't have babies in my trial so far but I don't know about the males. Mine came at level 5 in inventing and handiness but I don't know if that is unique to mine or all. They live longer than normal sims. They can smash things even on a community lot. When you smash something it will become scraps that can be collected or eaten by the robot but I don't know anything more. I noticed they can troll on forums with a computer but I don't know if this is new. I just know it is not something my other sims can do and nothing I have seen yet. They can also converse with small appliances to help with the human interaction need.

Other things I have noticed is there are more relationship options when creating Sims. You now can choose girlfriend of or fiancee of, but I didn't check for any others. When entering a saved game, you are now given the option to place the new lots in your existing town. Sims do indeed leave their clothes in a pile on the floor if you have a washer as Pam said, but I don't know if they do it when you don't have a washer. I don't know any more about them really, just that it takes a while for the load to wash. Like the cheap machine was like 45 minutes, I believe, but I never finished that. And there is a clothes line instead of a dryer but I don't know anything about that either, as I started a load but never did any more with it.

If anyone has any other questions I would be happy to try and get the answers for you!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
I noticed they can troll on forums with a computer but I don't know if this is new. I just know it is not something my other sims can do and nothing I have seen yet.

I've seen troll on forums with regular Sims. They can troll and then go back later to see if anyone responded. This may be only a Computer Whiz interaction. I'm not sure.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »
Also with with the evil sim. They troll on internet.  Never had seen it before that, but I have yet to have all of the traits.  Can't wait for Ambitions, you guys are driving me crazy, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2010, 03:40:16 PM »
We'll get a proper Ambitions board very soon.  I need to find out from Carl if it's something he has to do or if I can do it.  Now that Ambitions is out and there's real information instead of rumors and speculation, we want to have an official board for it.  Mine shows it arrived in Dallas last night, so I don't know if UPS will deliver it today or Tuesday (Monday is a national holiday in the United States).  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2010, 04:27:36 PM »
UPS doesn't come to your house on Saturday unless you pay for Saturday delivery...but they probably don't have Memorial Day as a holiday, so you may get it Monday.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2010, 08:39:28 PM »
Pam if you are really anxious I know that you can call the UPS store and pick it up from there. I have done that before with a computer granted it was over 10 years old.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »
The tracking still shows arrival in Dallas, but nothing about being on a truck or anything.  I wouldn't have any idea which UPS store would have it, either.  It's not a big deal.  I can wait until it's delivered.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog