Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63731 times)

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
Re: Ambitions News Blog: **Updated Blog #2**
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2010, 08:13:44 AM »
I'm getting it free!!  I've instructed my brother to get it for me for my birthday! So it should pop through my door on the day of release!

I have also instructed him to buy it through Amazon and to click through via this site to help the site out.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »
I have also instructed him to buy it through Amazon and to click through via this site to help the site out.

Awesome!  We thank you for that.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
EA held a hands on in London and some of the Simmers who were invited have been sharing the info they learned. ;D  This EP is really sounding like it's going to be FUN!  :D

New Traits:  Born Salesman, Eccentric, Eco Friendly, Dramatic, Perceptive and Savvy Sculptor.

There are 2 new gnomes.  The robots are called Sim Bots.  There will be 5 new female hairstyles, 6 for males.   They are adding (a lot) more Hair Accessory's for CAS, outfits are mainly for the new careers.

Make sure you really like the tattoo your Sim gets, because they are permanent (gee just like real life) and cannot be removed. ;D

Yes, as mentioned in this thread you can do laundry.  When your Sim spins out of their cloths to take a shower, they leave a dirty pile of cloths on the floor.  They also get negative moodlets for dirty cloths laying around.  :D  The good news is if you really don't want to deal with laundry, it is optional! ;)  Just don't put any of the laundry items on your lot, washer, dryer and cloths line.  However, it was mentioned one of the dryers has a surprise for you.  :o  They did not specify what the surprise was, so yeah use your imagination.  8) 

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »
I couldn't add any more info on the last post (was character limit decreased?), sorry for double posting.

There is going to be a Trampoline.  Other Sims can join you, but no mention of the number of Sims that can be jumping around at the same time.  :D 

-New lawn game added (did not give title of game), but said it took up a lot of space. :-\ 
Mentioned it was good for social interacting.
-Mentioned new object for children like a lemonade stand, but they sell baked goods...finally something for kids to do! :D
-There is a Fog emitter, wasn't sure where they found in build/buy or if you need to activate the cheat buy debug.
-Digital photo frames, said there were different sizes, some were large.
-Music Box, which has a gnome or llama that spins when it is playing.  Your Sim has to wind it up and it was mentioned the Sims also do some cute new interaction with it (I won't mention what they do as some might want to find out for themselves). ;)

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
-New Roof Pitch tool.  Allows you to adjust the pitch for different parts of the roof.
-Column Size Adjuster.  Allows you to adjust the column up to 3 stories.
-TwinBrooke, name of new town.  It will have a communal and sticks side of town.  The Sticks is comprised of marshy land and a mix of shacks and nicer homes.
-New commnity lots, Launderette, bar (like Riverview), Firehouse, New Diner and a Scrap/Junk Yard.
-New World Editor Tool.  You will be able to add or remove lots, add remove landmarks and plants (separate from CAW).  You cannot change the roads.
EA also mentioned there will be a Huge update coming for everyone.  It's supposed to help with the game play (Yipppee) wasn't sure when they were going to release.  Imagine it would be just before the release of Ambitions.
-New Lifetime Rewards.  Suave Seller, Entrepreneurial Mindset, Artisan Crafter, Fire Proof Homestead, My Best Friend which is Sim-bot.  ;)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2010, 12:50:35 PM »
Wow!  That sounds so cool! 

A digital picture frame might make the photography skill more appealing. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
EA also mentioned there will be a Huge update coming for everyone.  It's supposed to help with the game play (Yipppee) wasn't sure when they were going to release.  Imagine it would be just before the release of Ambitions.

More than likely it will coincide with the release of Ambitions. This huge patch will contain a lot of gameplay issues that non-Ambitions players will still benefit from. Ambitions players will probably just have this bundled in their disk/download.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
-New Roof Pitch tool.  Allows you to adjust the pitch for different parts of the roof.
You will be able to add or remove lots

These two things I am so pleased about!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »
Hooray!
Go Simbots! Finally Servos again! :D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Thanks for all that wonderful information, igzigpuff!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2010, 10:45:23 PM »
I am super excited. Thnks for all the new info.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »
I found this article on IGN. Sure, it's maybe not as revolutionisingly new information as igzigpuff came with, but it has a little narrative aspect to it that's probably gonna make y'all drool of anticipation (as yours truly). ;)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »
Still a nice post swede. We probably all like to read some little more data about the upcoming expansion.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »
Great article, Swede.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

I changed the title of this topic to "Ambitions News" because it's becoming an overall news place for Ambitions.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
Re: Ambitions News
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2010, 04:46:42 AM »
I've seen some trailers for this and it looks like a great expansion. It's about time we got some new careers. Thanks for the info!

anything