Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63736 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Ambitions News Blog: **Updated Blog #2**
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
Interesting note about the laundry. But, it's going to have to be a pretty decent moodlet for me to take the time to have my Sims cut into their skilling, etc and wash their clothes.

I agree! It should be at LEAST +50 and last longer than 24 hrs or else there's no point!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
Y'all are going to hate me for this, but I have to remove all posts, pictures, and references to that particular website because the site hosts mods.  And everyone knows that linking to anything related to mods is against the Forum Rules.  Even the pictures have to go because the web address is embedded into the picture.  Sorry, folks.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:50 AM »
No worries, Pam.

For those who didn't see the pics - imagine a bonfire and a Sim trying to hide behind two puny handheld bushes. Lol. :)

A laundry sounds mega cool! I wonder if the maid will do the laundry? It would still be fun to See my sim doing laundry. Or if their clothes get grimy after a few days? I reckon I'd make my Sims do it just for the novelty of it. Lol.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2010, 04:16:54 AM »
Interesting note about the laundry. But, it's going to have to be a pretty decent moodlet for me to take the time to have my Sims cut into their skilling, etc and wash their clothes.

Considering your initial negative reaction to Photography in World Adventures, I predict that laundry will be come your absolute favorite thing to do and there will be a challenge for it.  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »
Having to do laundry would certainly take us to a different level of reality in the game. I wonder if we would have to pay for laundry detergent?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
Considering your initial negative reaction to Photography in World Adventures, I predict that laundry will be come your absolute favorite thing to do and there will be a challenge for it.  :D

:D. I could separate the challenge into little piles based on color and fabric.

Leto85

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
Having to do laundry would certainly take us to a different level of reality in the game. I wonder if we would have to pay for laundry detergent?

And I wonder if it ill be a skill. :P
Like: 'My sim is level 10 Laundry so his clothes will never shrink or get pink by accident again.'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
I found this quote on the subject:  "Hey guys – there will be a laundry system in ambitions! It will be optional, if you don’t want to bother with it, you don’t have to, but if you want to add some extra good moodlets and entertainment, you can choose to purchase a washer and dryer for your Sims. AND the high end dryer might have a special surprise if you watch it closely".

Personally, I've never found laundry to be very entertaining!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

lianne

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »
I found two different versions of Ambitions on the same website, with a £10 price difference and different release dates but no other difference I can see. Can anyone see what's different? I don't see what the price difference is for, and I can't imagine they would really have different release dates so maybe they just got that wrong?

£17.49 version:
http://www.cdwow.com/games/the-sims-3-ambitions-expansion-pack-pc-mac-pc/dp/9353523#bc=3d48

£27.99 version:
http://www.cdwow.com/games/sims-3-ambitions-add-on-pc/dp/9342111#bc=3d48

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
AND the high end dryer might have a special surprise if you watch it closely".
I bet you'll find some weird mysterious mr Gnome that's going to give you gold every time you do the laundry or something. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
I will probably buy the expansion in Dixons. I don't know if that store is familiar to anyone outside of Holland or even Europe, but Wereldavonturen (The Dutch World Adventures) was exactly on the day of release (or one day before, I'm not sure) for sale there, so I know what to do. :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
I can get £17.99 and that is as low as it will get in the UK now probably! No bonus object like normal so I guess it will have to do! (I still have not downloaded the last 3 special objects that I got  ;D )

- http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/13953190/The-Sims-3-Ambitions/Product.html
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

bshag

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »

:D. I could separate the challenge into little piles based on color and fabric.
Now that made me lol...Even I could do this challenge. :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »
I found two different versions of Ambitions on the same website, with a £10 price difference and different release dates but no other difference I can see. Can anyone see what's different? I don't see what the price difference is for, and I can't imagine they would really have different release dates so maybe they just got that wrong?

It's quite possible that you're getting a discount for taking the game on a later date.  It's scheduled to be released on June 1, 2010, but if you're willing to wait until June 4, they'll give you a discount.  That's what it looks like to me.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2010, 02:07:49 AM »
I think if you order it at a certain price which is stated then they are legally bound to accept that price even though it was a mistake on their behalf, especially if you pay for it by credit card.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything