Author Topic: New Expansion Pack Announced! Ambitions!  (Read 63732 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions News Blog: **Updated Blog #2**
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »
Let's get back to Ambitions discussion.

Offline catlover

• Townie
Re: Ambitions News Blog
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »
I'm so excited for this one! The architectural designer career looks awesome!
Me too! I can't wait to see what new things we can do in this career. I didn't know that there was a hidden designer in me until I started playing with that feature in the game.

I am excited about most of the new careers and can't wait to explore them. My youngest son wants my first career to be a ghost buster and to create the Ghost Adventure team, Zach, Nick and Aaron as he is a big fan of that show.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Here's a new YouTube video about Ambitions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5-dKVip8E

I posted this on the Free Stuff thread already, but thought it also belonged here.  "Free Stuff" because if you post a comment while logged in to your YouTube account before 5pm today they're giving away some free stuff.  Last time I entered one of their contests I actually won something, so it's totally worth entering!

Leto85

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
Here's a new YouTube video about Ambitions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC5-dKVip8E

I posted this on the Free Stuff thread already, but thought it also belonged here.  "Free Stuff" because if you post a comment while logged in to your YouTube account before 5pm today they're giving away some free stuff.  Last time I entered one of their contests I actually won something, so it's totally worth entering!

5 pm? Ow... it's already 10:39 pm here. :( But congratulations with your prize! What did you win?
That movie looks interesting. I was thinking that there will be a movie about the sims someday (somewhere I've read that a company has claimed the rights), and now there will finally be one.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
In the United States, Ambitions is priced for about $40.00.  According to my exchange rate calculator, that's 26 British pounds, 43 Australian dollars, 290 Swedish kronas, and 491 Mexican pesos.  Did I miss anyone?  :D
I just checked on a good Swedish gaming shop site, and they had it listed for 349 Swedish kronor! ("krona" in plural is "kronor" Pam ;), everything isn't English in the world)
First I was outraged ::) on how they could take 60 kronor extra, but then I noticed the release date: 20/5-10! Unless this is a mistake (which is rare on this particular site) I'm going to get Ambitions 11 days before you guys! Suddenly I feel so happy...  :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Leto85

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »
I'm going to get Ambitions 11 days before you guys! Suddenly I feel so happy...  :)

Suddenly I feel so jealous. :P But congratulations anyway! :D I guess we will not see you back here, in the 11 days before release? Haha!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
I am waiting till a few weeks before it comes out to see if any special offers with 'free stuff' come with it  ;D Play.com (UK) does get a lot of sims games like that!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
5 pm? Ow... it's already 10:39 pm here. :( But congratulations with your prize! What did you win?
That movie looks interesting. I was thinking that there will be a movie about the sims someday (somewhere I've read that a company has claimed the rights), and now there will finally be one.

I think they were talking about 5pm Pacific Standard Time since I know their headquarters are in California.  Obviously it's too late now.  :(

Last time I entered one of their contests on Facebook it was for a lighting fixture, they asked people to update their wish list on the Sims 3 Store and then post a link to it on their facebook page.  And I actually won!  They randomly selected one of the lighting fixtures on my wish list. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »
Image removed by Administrator.

Here is a pic of a fire in Ambitions, not sure if this is new or not, but thought I would post it.

Here is another one, cute.  Detective trying to hide, "can you see me now"

Image removed by Administrator.

See my post below for explanation.  -Pam
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »
Whahaha, they are both funny! Looks like those sims just don't care about the environment, smoking all that toxic substances into the air. :P
Where did you get those pictures, if I may ask?

[Fixed the quoting. There's actually no need to quote if you're only referring to the post above. People'll understand anyways. - Swede]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
Fantastic pictures Salty! I just know I'm gonna love that big fire! :o
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »
They were on facebook, I tried to get the picture of the motocycle from photobucket.  I will try again, it was way awesome.  (does anyone use that word anymore) lol

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »

Forgot to resize it, sorry so small.

bshag

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2010, 09:05:14 PM »
There will be a laundry system in Ambitions. ;D  There's a picture on osimbr.net that has a sim hanging clothes out on a clothesline, with all the clothes dripping with a pudde under them. :o  A short inset in an article I read somewhere quoted Lindsey Pearson at EA saying we would also have washers/dryers along with clotheslines. ;D  Laundry is supposed to be an option but clean clothes are supposed to give a good moodlet...it would me. :D

Another little blurb she mentioned said to watch the dryer and there would be a surprise.  I wonder what she meant? :D

Sorry about the no links but I've been reading so much about the ep I have forgotten where everything was. :P 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
Interesting note about the laundry. But, it's going to have to be a pretty decent moodlet for me to take the time to have my Sims cut into their skilling, etc and wash their clothes.

anything