Author Topic: Amount of Starting Days?  (Read 5355 times)

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Amount of Starting Days?
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:54 PM »
So, my Legacy founder came into the game with 14 days left into YA. Is this random or did I do something wrong?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Amount of Starting Days?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »
You didn't do anything wrong. It's rare to get the maximum amount of starting days, at least for YAs.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »
What some people think (And I can't stress it enough, this is only a rumor) is that time passes when you're in CAS. Some people think that if you create Sim A then Sim B, Sim A will be older than Sim B, because Sim A was created first.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
That I think, too Seabody.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that that's wrong. I've had sim B be older than sim A

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure that that's wrong. I've had sim B be older than sim A

I have to many many times! When I create more than one Sim I create the one I want to be oldest first and more times than not they are not the oldest! So I don't think that is true either. I think it is just totally random!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
Am I the only one who has never paid attention to the starting days and didn't know they could be different? What are the ranges?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
Varies by about one week I believe.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »
I don't believe the CAS rumour at all. Personally, I think they threw in an age randomiser to make it more realistic. So if you make a household full of siblings for example, they won't all be the exact same age.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
I found while testing for baby boomer 3 that the longer I took creating a Sim in CAS the older that Sim would be. So in my actual challenge file I just hit the random button for looks and quickly chose the traits I wanted. That particular Sim had 44 days till aging up then I spent slightly longer creating Sim B and he had just 41 days before aging.
It was probably a fluke,but people can test it out if they like.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
I'd bet money that there's absolutely no connection between time spent in CAS and a Sim's age because your game has not even started at that point. Once you establish relationships and then go to the neighborhood, the load bar kicks in and the age randomizer must be one of those things working in the background.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »
I don't believe the CAS rumour at all. Personally, I think they threw in an age randomiser to make it more realistic. So if you make a household full of siblings for example, they won't all be the exact same age.

The only time I dislike the age randomness is when you make a TWIN of another sim using the twin button in CAS. In that case the two (or more) sims should all come out of CAS the same age. Other wise I agree with Ausette, having everyone the same age is not realistic.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Annenator

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »
So, if the starting days are randomized, are the days till the next age up random also?  I ask this because I started off with one young adult, one teen, one child, and one toddler, and for some reason after my child aged up, she became older than the teen (had less days till aging up).

Sportsfan

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »
After sims age up they always age up with the maximum time left for them to age up to the next life stage.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 02:05:45 AM »
So, if the starting days are randomized, are the days till the next age up random also?  I ask this because I started off with one young adult, one teen, one child, and one toddler, and for some reason after my child aged up, she became older than the teen (had less days till aging up).

If you have say Twins then you age the Oldest first, when you old the Youngest up after sometimes it says they are the oldest by putting them higher up the list. Are you sure your Teen and the other Child/Teen are not the same age? I can't ever remember having a Sim age up with less days than they should have so I think Sportsfan is right.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]