Author Topic: Ghost friends?  (Read 9866 times)

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
Ghost friends?
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:18:37 AM »
I've never played a ghost or had ghost babies but I really want to... but I can't get the ghosts to talk to me. They used to hang around the graveyeard chatting and reading books and you could go talk to them and make friends. Then when ambitions came out they started getting taxis and going places - I always figured I could follow where the car went but never got around to it. Now they just disappear when I try to talk to them. How can I make friends with the ghosts?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: Ghost friends?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:54:19 AM »
The best option is to have someone die on your lot, grab that "Oh My Ghost" opp and then you can move in ghosts as long as you have the urn/tombstone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:03 AM »
You also can shift+click on a ghost and add them to the family. Just hang around the graveyard at night and... but you already know that of course. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:12:12 AM »
If you want a ghost baby and have Generations and a Chemistry Set then you can always use the ghost potions, get them to Try For Baby in ghost state and then ta-da you have a sim pregnant with a ghost baby! :D

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:39 AM »
If you want a ghost baby and have Generations and a Chemistry Set then you can always use the ghost potions, get them to Try For Baby in ghost state and then ta-da you have a sim pregnant with a ghost baby! :D

Wauw! I didn't knew that! Did you find that out yourself? If so, you could send Carl a message that this can be added to the guide if it isn't there already.
Sure I could message him for you, but I think it's cooler for you if you want to do it yourself. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »
Wauw! I didn't knew that! Did you find that out yourself? If so, you could send Carl a message that this can be added to the guide if it isn't there already.
Sure I could message him for you, but I think it's cooler for you if you want to do it yourself. :)

I saw it happen on Samoht04's legacy. I thought most people knew already but I'll have a check on the guide to see if it's there and if it's not I'll PM Carl. :)

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »
Shift+click - that sounds like a cheat ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amber1195

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
It is - it only works with testingcheatsenabled true, though.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
My sim was able to talk to her best friend about 4 days after the death. She would go to the graveyard and play the guitar at the gravesite, then meditate. On the 4th day, her friend exited the grave and she was able to talk to her. it wasn't a long conversation; but, they chatted a little.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
I saw it happen on Samoht04's legacy. I thought most people knew already but I'll have a check on the guide to see if it's there and if it's not I'll PM Carl. :)

You do that! But is it a 100% accuracy thing?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »

I'm not sure if it is one hundred percent accurate, that's what I said. I tried it twice now, and it worked both times, so I'm guessing it is.

Sportsfan

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
I think I saw elsewhere on the forum that it is 50% chance for each ghost, so if you make both partners ghosts than it's 100%. But I may be wrong.

trublgrl

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:10:47 AM »
I haven't used any cheats yet, but I've had two ghosts move in with me.
First, I built up my guitar skill and just decided to go play for the ghosts in the graveyard.  After a few hours of playing (Only after dark, mind you.) TONS of ghosts wake up and wander around and they are easy to talk to.  I don't know if the guitar really matters, I'm just mentioning it because it's how I did it.
At some point in the game I got a random opportunity asking me to take part in reincarnation research.  I went to the science lab and nothing much happened, but I got the LTR points.  Again, I don't know if this matters, but it's what gave me the idea that ghosts can reincarnate or reanimate.
After becoming friends with a ghost, I picked up his headstone and put it in my inventory.  I brought it to the science lab and it offered me a choice to attempt to reincarnate the ghost.  He didn't become a true Sim, but he became a ghostly playable character, added to my family.
Later on, I sent him back to the grave (An option on his headstone), and repeated the "Pickup headstone - bring it to the science lab - reanimate ghost" behaviors and it worked again.

So I THEEENK If you just steal someone's Headstone and take it to the science lab, you probably will get the offer to reanimate them.  Someone else try it!

Oh, also, if you don't want to PLAY the ghost, you can place their headstone on your property and it will wander your property at least a few nights a week, where you can interact with it as if it were a townie.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
Before you take it to the science lab, you have to get the opportunity first.  I use to get the opportunity all of the time and when I finally had a tombstone in my inventory ready, I quit getting the opportunity, go figure.  I have not played ghosts in a long time. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
The "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity is tricky to get, since it requires that you have a long-term high relationship with a deceased Sim who's remains are available in the town.  The problem is that it's hard to determine what "long-term" really means.

I don't know if the guitar really matters, I'm just mentioning it because it's how I did it.

It likely helped.  Playing a musical instrument tends to distract Sims from performing automated actions, and will raise your relationship with them.  I have little doubt that ghosts would react any differently.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything