Author Topic: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please!)  (Read 81419 times)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 36
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »
Fixed!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »
There. Now it is actually fixed. Also, yeah, that's Echo hanging with a sleeping Ariel in the background: she likes relaxing on Ariel's bed sometimes.
Stories In Progress:

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
There. Now it is actually fixed. Also, yeah, that's Echo hanging with a sleeping Ariel in the background: she likes relaxing on Ariel's bed sometimes.
Yay! Wow, that's really cute.

loveSims

« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
The picture show up for me. It look great! The roof as awesome for a party.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 37)
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
Chapter 37: The Future: Contains Fewer Jetpacks than Advertised

"What're you reading, Orchid?"
"It's a book on martial arts. A girl's gotta be ready for the future."
"The future?"
Like...with jet-packs?
"You're reading about atomic-powered jetpack gnomes that pull the wires loose and need to be fought off with martial arts? Good girl!"
"...Sure, Mother. Whatever you say...Hey, do you think we could go adventuring?"
"Maybe when you learn to drive, dear."
"Then I must learn to drive post-haste! To the Motive Mobile!"
I wonder...Would it just be an orchid spinning? A bat-Orchid? Hm... I don't feel dead, so I think not.
"Mother?"
"Shh. I'm trying to design the scene-change spin-out logo. Maybe you could do a Captain Simnation style..."
"...I'll talk to you tommorow."

"Hey, Mom. Do you think we could construct a giant search light with a...Oh. Oh, sorry, Kitty."

Echo and mom have been close recently. I'm glad Mom's kitty satisfies its role.

"Hey, Linden -- you're smart. If we were to get an invisible jet, how would we find it? Would we have an invisible jet detector?...But if the jet detector was invisible, I guess we could coat it in paint. Maybe neon red. A neon red invisble jet detector sounds nice. It and the invisible Pink Unicorn can go on and..."

"I-I lurve... No, no, that's not right!"
"What are you doing?"
"Oh, Missus Aster! I didn't see you there! I was... ummm... I was just practicing my speeches! For school! Yeah. School. It...was...umm... And opportunity!"
"Linden. Just remember: when you love something out of reach, you need to move faster.  If you love the moon, you need to be a rocket ship. If you love the bottom of the ocean, find a wizard to make you a crab. Nothing's out of reach when you're some sort of transforming rocket-crab."
"...Thank you, ma'am?"
"You're welcome!"

Anyway, I gotta run -- Reed's taking me out for the day!

"Art museum yes!"
"Glad you like it."
We wander around for a bit, and I notice something.
"This art museum stinks. I mean, they think a mounted fish is suitable for a museum! To be suitable, you'd have to fill every scale with a tiny painting, glistening in silver, giving each movement of the fish a moment, a texture, a smell."
"...It's plastic. It doesn't have scales."
"Someone in this family will have to purchase it. The gallery, I mean, not the fish. But we could purchase the fish and paint it nice."
It needs a moonscape. It needs a young couple sitting in a movie theater. It needs a coin and the Borgias bathing in mercury. It needs that moment where you realize you are not as young as you used to be...

And he still loves you anyway.
"I think if it had this..." I whisper into Reed's mouth, tasting the sort of warm-bread-and-apple-jam sweetness of his breath-of-life, his soul, "If it had this... It could be saved."
"Maybe so,"
He mutters back.

We spend the morning and early afternoon together.

He serenades me among the cheap knick-knacks...

And I give him a little surprise when we get home.

Orchid's been so focused recently -- on the jetpacks, I suppose. Even when she's invited to that nice young celebrity's house, and is all alone with him...

She just sits down and does her homework, eager to get back home for something important.

Meanwhile, Linden and Evanthe are at work, too.

In a new car, painted up in Linden's colors, too. He's got a fast car -- is it fast enough that he can fly away? ... No, probably not. You need red stripes for that.
"Sweetie, it's time to maybe actually pressed the gas pedal."
"Don't worry, Mom. I've calculated the minimum amount of gas we need to get the car to move at a legal speed...B-besides, it's safer."

And the moment Orchid comes home, she forces me into the motive mobile for driving lessons of her own.

"Wheeeee! Faster, faster! To go spinning along the sleepy road at night, the wind through our hair, the van filling us up with inward peace like the bubble bar pumping bubbles into my mouth, the fairies spinning as we pass them by, the laughter of the moon..."
"Faster? Alright, Mother! I'll even overlook your trippy external monologue!"
"...We need a flux capacitor -- otherwise, all this 88 miles per hour will go to waste."

And, once both the kids have learned to drive...
"Mother, Father, Linden -- we're going to China! Pack your things! You said!"
I wonder why I'm going.

Well, anyway, like she implied, the travel group is Reed and I, who are treating this like a second honeymoon...

And Linden and Orchid, out for adventure.

After a mutually-desired pillow fight.

Reed and I are also going to do tourist stuff.

"What is wrong with this park?! Don't they know they need a proper statue of an octagonal fish statue?!"
"Just standing in the background...Deedeee...Reminding people I exist... Lalaalaaa...."
Raging at things is a tourist activty, right? That was fun.

Meanwhile, Orchid's decided to trade pillow-fighting for real stuff... with ADVENTURE!
I wonder if I should let her have the next chapter...

Aster's Requirements
Lifetime Wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Architect
Supermax Skill: Painting
Building, Property: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner, Romper Recreational Park
LTR: Innapropriate in a Good Way, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman, Orchid Seraphim, Gabriel Seraphim, Cyriaque Cantu, Ami Oakley
Black Ops: When Dream Come True, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, A fishy science project, Outside Reading, Larger than Necessary Doorstop, Local Artists' Gallery

Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teenager, YA, Adult
Sculptures/Photos: Child (sculp), Teen (sculp), YA (sculpt and Photo), Adult (Sculp/ Photo)

Orchid's Requirements:

Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax Skill:
Martial Arts (unless travelling glitch, then athletics)
Building/Property: Everfresh Supermarket, The Pool (name?)
LTR: Opportunistic, Learned Relic Hunter
Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim, Linden Seraphim
Black Ops:
Portraits:
Toddler, Child, Teen
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (sculp&photo), Child (sculp&photo), Teen (Sculp&Photo)
Stories In Progress:

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
Is anyone even still reading this? Am I doing something wrong? ... It's just gotten really quiet on this thread, and I'm a little uncertain as to whether or not this is still being enjoyed.
Stories In Progress:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
I'm sorry I don't post often, but I read every update! I enjoy it very much.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Sorry I am reading just very bad at posting. I love Orchids sense of style.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 37)
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
Yes, I'm reading...and...enjoying your story. I'm afraid I'm more of a lurker than a poster. Keep it up :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2012, 12:18:42 PM »
I'm reading! Don't worry about it Deme, a lot of stories can get quiet when there's still people reading. Some people are just more the reader type than the commenter type.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
Also, we've been chided for posting frivolous comments. But I can say I always read your new updates, even if I don't always post a comment. I love Orchid's clothes, especially the everyday outfit with the Egyptian necklace. I love the necklace but have a hard time finding things it will fit with.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »
I'm glad to hear people are enjoying it! I'm sorry for being a bit of a drama-llama, it's just hard to tell where to focus my efforts without some feedback. I'm a busy student, so knowing what projects I have (on this forum, I have just this one, but I do other LPs and things on other forums) are apreciated helps me know which projects of mine bring more happiness, and are therefore better uses of my time.

Also, I, too, like Orchid's style. She wears clothes great (and jewelry, which pleases me to no end, especially, MarianT said, that necklace), but picking hair for her was a bit of trouble.
Stories In Progress:

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »
I'm reading, too. I know how it feels as my immortal dynasty story is fairly quiet too. I also know that commenting more is something I should do! Aster is great, she manages to be completely insane without seeming over the top and I love Orchid's reactions to her.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
Chapter 38: For Best Effect, Read in the Hammiest Voice Possible

Salutations! I, Orchid, have comendeered this record!
...Except... I don't know who's reading this. Mother says it's a story written for people on the internet built off of a popular videogame in which we are characters... But Mother says a lot of things.
The story that the voice who follows us around, Uriel, backs up, is that this a record of Grandmother and her descendents for posterity. It will be read one day.
So, to you, I say Salutations!

Having arrived in China safely, we've split up to our own adventures! Father has a painting opportunity, Linden's with me...

And Mother's keeping her promise to Evanthe, going fishing to try and improve so they can fish together.
Hey, if I learn Martial Arts, do you think I'll be able to catch fish with my hands?

This will only make me study harder!

And with my whitebelt achieved, I can safely say... No. No, I cannot catch fish with my bare hands...Grrr... That's really unfair, you know?
Well, no matter!
"Onwards, Linden! With this skill, we shall have much more expedient adventures!"
"...You really think we'll encounter mummies in China?"
"Anything's possible! That is the ethos that drives man to triumph!"
"I suppose preparing for mummies may allow us to conquer mummies... That's reasonable. I'll read up on mummies when I get the chance!"
That's the spirit!

Martial Arts don't help with bugs, though... Still! A heroine must perservere! Even when their arm is absolutely coated in about 100 insects.

"Aaaaaaah! Oh my god, it's an empty box!"
Yes, the struggles of our young heroes are many!

My parents are enjoying their time away from life, work, and everything but eachother. It's not as if they have skills to max besides my father's desire to learn some cooking recipes. They spent their first evening on a sort of little 'date' around the lot.

Linden and I have been doing well, panics aside! He's done a fine job of collecting treasure and helping hit switches while I run ahead!

"Hey, Linden? You're doing a good job. I'm very glad you came along with me. It's not like you had to!"
"What else is a 'sidekick' for?"
"Don't say it like that, you dope! You're my partner! Partner! Share the loot, share the risk, share the glory!"
I pat him on the back and he laughs.
Linden... He's really a sweet guy. Sure, he needs some whipping into shape every now and again, but who doesn't?!  He's very gentle and sweet, and I think he's a person with so much potential that he doesn't even know...
...But if he liked me, he would have said something, right? So in other words, he doesn't like me like that.
I'm not saying it's hopeless, however! I've just got to find the right moment, and he'll fall for me for sure!
The perfect dramatic moment...

Hm, I don't think it's when I'm getting my VISA upgraded, or anything like that. Such moments are not grand or romantic enough!

But while I'm pondering this challenge, a new challenger has appeared! It is THIS MAN, learned it in the Martial Arts!

While his fists and feet move so quickly that they blur, I cannot back down! I refuse to surrender! While he may -- does -- beat me today... One day, I will be the queen of the Chinese Martial Arts tournament! I'll be able to tell this man that I have overcome that great person at the start of my path.

And to do that...
"Come on, Linden! Let's train!"

We spend a while in the Scholar's Garden, working up our own skills. Lindens' got a talent for it...And when he gets his own gi, I must say... He's really very attractive.
But even more than that, as the boards crumble beneath my hand, as I test my strength against reality itself. The strength that will carve a happy ending for Linden and I...

It's the strength of improving, little by little, honing my body into a tool with which to create that story. That's a challenge I'm all for, for the rest of my life!
And so it comes to me in a flash of outrageous clarity -- a lifetime wish of Physical Perfection!

A small parent check-in before moving on to my next idea.

...This is what adults get up to while the kids are away, hmm? Flagrant skinny-dipping?
I APPROVE!
"This water jet feels odd...Are you sure this is a good idea, Aster?"
"Look at my foot. It is like a little Africa at the end of my leg. Hello, Africa."

My next idea was that, when we were both worn out, I could go about creating that perfect moment!

"Hey, Linden -- why don't we go have a picnic at the Hot Springs? You know, you and me?"
"...L-like...a date?"
I put my hands on my hips and laugh.
"Yeah! Exactly like a date!" I say with all the courage I can muster. 'Nothing happens until you act decisively,' I remind my fluttering heart.

Like my parents last night, we lay out a picnic basket and eat. I speak to him warmly. But when dinner's done, he turns to leave.
There's no way I'm letting my quarry escape me!

"Wow, your shoulders are tense. It's all that working out."
"Well, no pain, no gain, right?"
"Exactly! But you also have to take care of pain, even when going for such wonderful results!"
"...I...suppose?"
He's not sure of where this is going. I understand.

"Turn around."

I knead my hands into his back, trying to plan out my next move. Do I just kiss him? Do I lead up to it slowly?
...He's a smart guy. He'd like the words, I'm certain!

"Linden, I wanted you to know...Remember when you thought I was amazing?"
"I-I still do."
"Well, you might be right. But you're amazing. You're smart and you're nice... And you didn't have to do any of this. Following me today, helping me out, braving perilous traps by my side, you didn't have to do a lick of it!"
"...I'm sorry."

"Don't be! Because what I want... Is to never leave your side."
I lean forward, and we kiss.

Since the invention of the kiss, there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one...
Was pretty dissapointing! I am dissapointed in my weak kissing technique!
Oh, sure, there was something wonderful in having his hand on my shoulder, the intensity of his return... But it was sloppy!

"I'm going to have to practice more! 12 kisses a day, until my kiss is perfection!"
"...I...have no objections to that..." Linden muttered, raising his fingers to his lips in stunned silence.

"W-what? Even after that..."
"We'll get better. Even more important... Is that you want to kiss me. And I want to kiss you. But I think 12 might be a lot of kisses per day. Let's start small.
I-I love you!"

Even after my perfect moment fell apart...

"I love you. Thank you, Linden."
I smile, and kiss him again. Already, this one is better than the last.
That is the force of will that creates happy endings!

Aster's Requirements

Lifetime Wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Architect
Supermax Skill: Painting
Building, Property: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner, Romper Recreational Park
LTR: Innapropriate in a Good Way, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman, Orchid Seraphim, Gabriel Seraphim, Cyriaque Cantu, Ami Oakley
Black Ops: When Dream Come True, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, A fishy science project, Outside Reading, Larger than Necessary Doorstop, Local Artists' Gallery

Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teenager, YA, Adult
Sculptures/Photos: Child (sculp), Teen (sculp), YA (sculpt and Photo), Adult (Sculp/ Photo)

Orchid's Requirements:

Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Career:
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts (unless travelling glitch, then athletics)
Building/Property: Everfresh Supermarket, Riverfront Swim Club
LTR: Opportunistic, Learned Relic Hunter
Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim, Linden Seraphim
Black Ops:
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (sculp&photo), Child (sculp&photo), Teen (Sculp&Photo)
Stories In Progress: