Author Topic: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please!)  (Read 81382 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 63)
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:03 AM »
Oh, it's so good to see a new chapter! Congratulations on the new addition to the family :)

Aster is so funny. It's kind of handy to have an Insane sim around to know about the Watcher and her story.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
Welcome back Deme! Awesome update as usual. I love Aster, she has to be my favorite. And hello baby Zinnia! I wonder what her supermax skill is going to be?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Hurrah! Welcome back Deme, and welcome baby Zinnia! Great to see another update!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #333 on: October 19, 2012, 09:36:49 AM »
The World's Most Interesting Blanket Phase

You know how I've been saying my mom's been feeling lively?

I mean "water ballet" lively. Since I don't know if Zinnia will read this one day...I...I want to keep things nice for my innocent little girl!
So it's water ballet, alright?!

My little girl. I feel nervous and fluttery...Like the world's not good enough for her. I need to...I need to punch all the bad guys! I need to clean everything!
It's a silly feeling...Not unlike falling in love.

The rest of the household's taken with Zinny, too.

And...So is...Someone else.

A day or so after Zinnia was born, a herd of wild horses came running into our yard. They were led by that black unicorn.
She was dark as the shadows on the moon, pearl-lit like light underwater. Her breath summoned wavery clouds into the air, rising from her nostrils like smoke. Those nostrils like pink seashells flared as she examined the gate.

The unicorn examined the lock on the gate...
"Arise...And open my path to me."
A green light shines as the unicorn's magic swirls around it. And leaves break from the ground.

And the plant it creates pries open the gate, sending the horses charging into the yard.
The unicorn stood and watched them, a little smile on her face.

And Grandma Ariel opens her arms and steps, graceful as a goddess, out to meet her.

"You're one of Amalthea's kin...I didn't know they such as you still wander this world...It's such a joy."
"Oh, you're...." The unicorn looks wary...And...Awed. "...Even told to expect you....I didn't expect...That it'd be you. My mother spoke of the early days, and of you. Her mother heard it from her mother's mother..."
That being, the familiarity of being my great-grandmother sliding off her shoulders like a thin dress, gently laughs into her hand.
"Oh, I'm sure it was greatly exagerated...And, anyway, is the past not a foreign country?"

Ariel bows.
"I'd like to offer you...A little something. For the honor of seeing someone so beautiful."

"I was asked to meet the little one, as her companion and guide."
"Zinnia?"
"...Perhaps that is her name...Her heart, I know, is pure enough. She will need my kind."
"And you know this by?"
"I smell the scent of flowers from her heart. Like yours, but...More personal. I can feel her heart singing to me, a bright child's song."[/b]

Ariel tilts her head and closes her eyes...
"I see...Well, sadly, she's too young to come out and see you just yet. But I'll tell her you came, Miss..."
"Arthrob, for now...I will wait the night here, and my retinue may stay a little longer."

"And my thanks to you, Ariel."
"Wonder of wonders...I...I'll watch you...Just...A little longer, if you don't mind."
She sounded a little tired, saying that. Like it was a sort of rest, to watch the unicorn who shown as dark as before creation.
"I can refuse an angel who loves this world nothing...I don't think anyone really can."[/b]
"You'd be surprised."

Ariel gave the unicorn her distance, and spoke to the two angels remaining.
"...Ariel. Why do you think this Arthrob really came here tonight?"
"I'm not sure...Perhaps the flowers really did speak to her. Or, more likely...This world will get more chaotic before it gets less. They're guardians of this world; maybe they think we need it, or it needs us."
"...Yeah, that's not exactly comforting."
"Oh, who needs comfort! We've got fighters! I'll alert Orchid of the coming danger!"
"...Yeah, you do that, Axey..."

"...Do you remember shining like that, Uriel? When the world was soft?"
"Don't be that way. You never stopped."
She laughs again.

"Here that, little one? Your destiny's running out there... It's come early. How silly. Destiny should always come when you're ready to answer, or your hometown gets blown up or something.
Just promise me you'll make her a pretty color, huh? You're a special little one, yes you are...The faeries said so. They won't be coming here exactly...But they're coming."

And Grandma Aster just plays with Zinnia and laughs away the night.

Compared to last night, this morning is very normal. Mom and Dad, sparring for the heck of it on the front lawn (or, maybe, to prepare for trouble. Word to the wise: don't leave your hall door open if you don't want to spend all night hearing the Axe talk.)

Taking Zinnia for a stroll...She loves being outside so much, and waves to the wild horse still hanging around by our pond.

But time passes quickly, too...

And before we know it, it's time to take little Zinnia to her cake. This results in a several-long adult pileup, but...

It gets done! It looks like her great-great-Grandpa's hair has made a resurgance...

And so continues, even though they're very crossed here, her great-great-grandma's eyes.
So she rather ends up looking like her grandmother. And her great-grandmother. And...Every Seraphim woman except Grandma Ariel.

But she's still my precious little snowflake.

Heath's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian
Career: Cooking, 2/3 Challenges
Supermax Skill: Cooking
Building/Property: Little Corscican Bistro, Banzai Lounge
LTR: Speedy Cleaner, Born to Cook, Fireproof Homestead

Best Friends: Linden Seraphim, Orchid Seraphim, Mildred Oakley, Zinnia Seraphim, Jerry Forman, Rigoberto Connor, Danica Levin, Shannon Mayes, Delvin Mckraken, Joline Sherrod
Black Ops: Memorable Meal, Smooth like Verbal Butter, Catering Time!, Create-A-Crepe
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (Sculp and Photo), Child (Sculp and Photo), Teen (Sculp and Photo), YA (Sculp and Photo)
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 64)
« Reply #334 on: October 19, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
Zinnia is utterly yummy! Such blue eyes, and that combined with Aster's hair... Awesome!
Oh-oh! I loved the appearance of the Dark Unicorn! Is that Uriel?
Nah - probably not. Forgive my extrapolations.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2012, 10:34:21 PM »
No. Her name is Arthrob, using bold and italics. Uriel is still speaking in italicized text (which he shares with most other unearthly beings), hanging around, being a foil, observer, and a fine example of a masculine tsundere...

Generally, if a speaker doesn't get reffered to by name, but uses just italicised text, it will always be Uriel. The Axe doesn't talk on-screen often, but is usually reffered to either by speech tags (but Heath sort of gives up in the face of several supernatural beings talking about supernatural things at once)...But when that fails, someone starts calling him 'Sir Axe,' or 'Axey,' after everything he says.

While I'm at it, for anyone who's still a little lost on this...
Here's the code for speech:
Italicised text = A disembodied or angelic speaker. Is Uriel so often that I rarely bother to point it out, particularly since chapters in which he isn't the only italicised speaker, like this one, are pretty rare.
Bold Text = Embodied Beings, Earthly Sims, Vamps, Witches, Imaginary Friends (? I need to go back and re-read how I handled this) outside the narrator's head. Ariel, being a physical being stripped of most of her power at the moment, gets this when she's not narrating.
Bold Italics = Apparently Unicorns, but can be assumed to apply to earthly powers beyond that of normal, mortal simdom, in contrast with beings of the Silver City, like the angels. Maybe also faeries if one ever appears (unlikely, but possible, given my settings)
Plain Text = The narrator of the chapter, usually the active heir.
No One Uses Any Of These Speech Markers In a Chapter, and All Characters Speak in Plain Text = It's that mysterious narrator doing the narration, since he percieves all these forms of existence as, on a basic level he may or may not eventually elaborate on, the same. He's above them all. Or, possibly, he is insane and nothing exists that can speak outside his head.

At the moment, there's no intention for Uriel to make a physical appearance except maybe in the ending or in intermissions. He wouldn't be able to keep watch over Ariel if he broke that rule.... But I am pleased about the theorizing.
Stories In Progress:

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
I just read this whole story and I love it :) this is one of the few stories that really capture my interest and make me want to keep reading. Can't wait to read more.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »
Thanks for indicating your scheme for voices. I don't know how I missed seeing your latest update, but I'm glad I found it. Zinnia is adorable. A possible warning about unicorns -- when I left horses unchecked on the population control screen, I did not get another unicorn when the first one left after about 10 weeks.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #338 on: November 09, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »
Oh, dear...Well, hopefuly I won't have too much trouble.

Anyway, I apologize for the lack of updates. For some reason, my energy for playing and writing just sort of...vanished. I am attempting to wrangle it all back together, since I don't really want to leave this hanging.
Stories In Progress:

Offline Markel1970A

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »
When you finished wit h this one, are you going to do Uriel's Immortal Dynasty? If not may I use Uriel in a story for an Immortal Dynasty? I was thinking of making a Seraphim ID in Twinbrook. 8).

edit: Oh. Cool. I was just sayin', that out of all of the IDs the Seraphim one is the most fun to read.

I love Aster! :D

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #340 on: November 09, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
I am considering it, so I'd like to hold onto him for my own use, I'm afraid.

I've also always had the idea of Uriel starting a dynasty in the back of my head as a task in case the worst happened to this one; I do have a Uriel made, for just such an occaison.
Stories In Progress:

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2012, 05:04:36 PM »
Really? Could you show us what he looks like? :)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »
I vote for keeping Uriel's identity a secret until you must reveal him (probably at the end of this dynasty, or if he ends up being a founder). The thought of a Uriel-founded dynasty tickles my fancy, though.

As for not feeling like doing anything with this, it happens to all of us. Take your time and see how you feel later. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
I agree with Trip.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #344 on: November 21, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
I keep trying to write out my updates, or play for a while...And I keep not having time.
I'm not quitting...But I think I need to wait until I'm done with School before I can garuntee updates again. Sorry.
Stories In Progress: