Author Topic: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please!)  (Read 81377 times)

Offline xSammyKayx

• Nooboo
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 47)
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2012, 05:20:04 AM »
I have just read your entire story and I love it!
Can't wait for more. :3

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:25 AM »
Great update I am really enjoying this.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »
As always a wonderful update.  Heath is such an adorable little guy!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
Heath is the definition of cuteness!! You never, ever disappoint with these updates. Can't wait for the next one. :)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
Great update, Heath really is adorable! And I see Aster is still her "normal" self.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 48)
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
Thank you guys ^^ Well, this is the last chapter before I'm all out of buffer, which means that in terms of life-stages, we'll be all caught-up.

Chapter 48: Maybe He'll Stand a Ghost of a Chance
Linden is, as always, on the case!

"Listen, Sir... I really, really, really do like art, too. Pleaaaase give me the information I want. I've been on this job for days."
"I dunno...How much do you like art again?"
This is why I'm not cut out to be a civillain detective. Because I would so punch him in the soul. FOR JUSTICE!

Speaking of For Justice, our parents went out and had themselves a night on the town.

Wait...That has nothing to do with JUSTICE!
...My life needs more Justice.

"If we get trapped up here, like fireflies and souls becoming stars... That'd be OK," Mother whispers, "Right? We could just stay here and everything would stay the same..."
"It'd be very nice."
"Ok, then I'll go smash the elevator."
"Wait, wait! Come back! I thought you were being metaphorical, honey!"
"...I meant smash the elevator metaphorically?"
"What, get it really drunk?" Evanthe adds in from her place on the dance floor.
"Nah, I've tried that. It just converts the alcohol to fuel."
Father just shakes his head thoughtfully.
"I suppose that would be a problem with these fuel-smart machines..."
"How smart can it be if it refuses free drinks?" Evanthe points out. "Come on, you two. Let's cut a rug."

Everybody was sim-fu fighting...Those cats were fast as lightning...
Aster: "Karate-chop dancing will cut all the rugs!"

Evanthe: "Isn't this one walk like an Egyptian?"
Aster: "When do I have to listen to the commands of the musical overlords, huh?"

On another note, there is incoming toddler cuteness! Those with small hearts should not watch, or their hearts will grow 3 sizes today!

"My life is so lacking...in drama! What am I to do with an adorable child, a supportive inter-generational household, and the most loving husband, sidekick, and sparring-partner in the world?"
"...I'll let you think about that, dear."
"Dangit, Linden! I was having a speech!"

Well, I suppose a solution will be forthcoming...

Oh, yeah. Woo Hoo his brains out, that's what.

My husband: stealthiest man in the world.
"Think you may have succeeded, Orchid. I didn't even know it was possible to do that."

"Hey, check out how awesome I am!"

"I can pull dirt out of wood! And eat it!...Actually, that's kind of tasty."
"Yeah, I'm taking away your woo-hooing priveleges."

The next day, the final day before Heath grows into a child, we spend in the park Mother owns.

"I swear, it's been ages since I've done any vacationing or exploring at all! It feels like we're never going to get to go."
"I can't make any garuntees. The next trip is Orchid's -- cosmic forces seem to resist the idea of us all going."
"Cosmic forces?" Linden asks.
"Yeah...I'm not sure I can explain it -- it's just a bad, bad idea. Even Aster agrees, complaining something about glitching the game."
"Guuuys! You're not watching my PHENOMENAL HOPSCOTCH SKILLS!"

"Everybody was sim-fu fighting... Darnit, that song's caught in my head! I can't stop the beat!"

"Woo-haaa! Ride 'em, little cowboy!"
"Wooo!"
"See? I can be fun! Not as much fun as The Moviegoer, but fun!"
"Aw, I knew that. Kids these days..."

And a good time was had by all. Until it was foiled by work. Curse you, work! One day, I will have VENGENCE!

"Aaah, another serene day, watching a fishing trip...Uh...Hey. There are two bobbers in the water, but I only see one of you. Where's Aster?"

"She said something about 'the super-reel powered by her mind' and 'not scaring the fish with psychic powers' and ran off..."
"I'll go look for her...Oh, there she is... On the other side...Of the island...."

"HOW LONG ARE THESE FISHING LINES?!"
"As long as you believe, Uriel. As long as you believe."

Late that night, Uriel was checking on Heath downstairs when...Something unusual happens.

"Billy?"
"What a sweet kid... My own great-grandson."
"Yeah. He'll be a good kid, I think."
"He'll need it. You're almost halfway there, right?"
"It's exciting, isn't it?"
"You're doing a better job watching out for things than I would have expected from you."
"Gee, thanks. Glad to see the afterlife hasn't changed you... Into a nice guy."
The two of them paused, and the air relaxed.
"I hope he does well...My own, sweet little great-grandson..."
Billy's ghost smiles and puts the toddler to bed.

"Gweat-Gwandpa!"
"Get some sleep, kiddo. You've got a long life ahead of you...But we're all watching over you."

That's true. The real work is already beginning.

All the photos of Heath's birthday came out sort of odd --

I mean, come on! He grew his head right out of frame!

We've already set up his room: I hope it's not alright: I personally would have liked something Cambodian, or otherwise wonderfully exotic, but everyone else insisted this would be better. It's near mine, adjacent to an empty will-be bathroom.

But there's our Heath! He says the apron is to help with cleaning -- I guess he's something of a little Neat freak.
Well, I suppose someone has to be.

Orchid's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Career: Sports
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts (Maxed, 1/3 Challenges)
Building/Property: Everfresh Supermarket, Riverfront Swim Club
LTR: Opportunistic, Learned Relic Hunter, Jetsetter
[Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim, Ariel Seraphim, Linden Seraphim, Waylon Shwarz, Jamie Neff, Nelson Rosa, A bunch of old people (darnit...Also, I need to make this list up better. I keep forgetting to write down their names.)

Black Ops: Mustle Hustle, The Ultimate Challenge, Ticket Counting, Meditation Benefits, Health and Wellness Seminar
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (sculp&photo), Child (sculp&photo), Teen (Sculp&Photo), YA (Sculp&Photo)

Heath's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax Skill:
Building/Property:
LTR:
Best Friends:
Linden Seraphim
Black Ops:
Portraits: Toddler
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (Sculp and Photo)
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Lol, it seems like that song is all over the forum now! I'm glad to see an update from you.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
I really like this story! ;D And Heath is adorable!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:57 AM »
I genuinely look forward to updates on this story. :) There's something about Heath's wardrobe that I really like, he looks like a sim ready to burst with character - just like all the sims in this story. ;D

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
Heath is such an adorable child. And it's nice to see Billy again too, he's one of my favourite townies.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Wow. TVTropes, Dr. Horrible, and Alice in Wonderland? I'm overwhelmed. I've never not-met someone who had such a similar frame of reference to me before.
This story is amazing, and beautiful. When Billy died, it was the first time I cried for the loss of someone else's Sim. Everything is so beautifully written, it feels so real. Aster is such a unique and lovely interpretation of an insane Sim! I also enjoy Uriel as your Watcher, it's so interesting and different to see a Watcher who is not just the author's voice in the story, and it actually kind of explains how buildings go up overnight and so on. I love how each of your characters has his or her own voice. I read this whole thing in one day and hungered for more. I thought when I saw "Chapter 48" it would be done already, I can't decide whether I'm more sad that I can't read more or glad that I can be here to watch it all unfold! Thank you for posting, and please don't stop.
Congratulations. You have achieved Emotional Torque.

By samoht04

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2012, 11:11:32 PM »
@ General:
Thanks, y'all! I like Heath's look, too. His character was set in my head until...Well, until the last scene of this last chapter. Now, he's changing, and that's exciting for me.

@ Ombradellarosa:
 I'd like to thank you very, very much for that wonderful comment; it really means a lot to me to know that even a relatively casual project like this can speak to people. And I particularly am happy to hear you like things like Uriel and Aster's characters, which are elements I put special thought into during the planning stages.  All in all, I'm glad you enjoyed it and feel it so much, and I hope to keep the steak alive.
...I'm trying to remember where I mentioned Dr. Horrible, but I'm sure I did. I make a lot of references.
Stories In Progress:

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
Don't worry.  Every watcher is allowed camera technical difficulties!  It was so touching to see Billy after all this time.   Heath is an adorable little kid. 

As for Aster's fishing line, I've had a similar thing happen to me before.  Artie's first heir, Angelica, stood by the Wolffs house in SV and fished by the cliff near Agnes's house one time. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 49)
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
I have some for this chapter, too... *sigh* Oh, Martial Arts. I really did like seeing Billy interact with his great-grandson...I think it'll play into Heath's characterization later on. That fishing line thing happens from time to time, but it's so wierd.

Chapter 49: Mandatory Tournament Arc

My little boy is growing up. I should be happy, but a bitter discontentment grows within my chest. I am almost an adult, and my son a child...But there is still so much left undone! So much left unknown! Can I manage my supermax, or do I admit defeat, and devote myself to athletics? Will our pool be of use to any but my own self, forever? The gym will be mine and only mine; there'd be no point to it.
...But I'm still just standing here in the kitchen. I'm just running away, aren't I?

"I have decided! No more! I am going to China to challenge the tournament immediately!"
Linden smiles.
"Alright, then. I'll pack my things."
"No. I'm sorry, dearest... But I must go... alone!"
"What?"
I see...A real look of honest alarm on his face. Even after we've always been together, hero and sidekick, wife and husband...
"This is the test of my soul -- the long, dark night of the heart! If I succeed, or fail, I must do so alone! It is as it is prophesized by angels!"
"...Has it?"
"I did mention it yesterday, didn't I? Cosmic forces...Seem to be blocking our motions. If she does a trip, I want it to be a solo. I'm not losing people for this."
"And I want to know what 'cosmic forces' means!"
"It's like this, see: Our motions have always been slightly hampered -- since the moment Ariel landed, we've been bound to this place, with those three exceptions. I get a feeling, and that's how I know -- we can't go those places. It's like a bad vibe. I stick a metaphorical hand in that direction, or through that mode of transport, and it gets metaphorically bitten clean off. Cosmic-like... Right now, the plane to China's giving off a mild version of that. Like, there's a feeling I get, and I don't think I could get more than one person past it. I don't even like the one."
"Why is it doing that?"

"...I...I don't know. Not exactly. It could be another group of Powers, but ... It could be the Silver City. It could be Sim Magic, even."
"But why would the Silver City hamper our activities?" Ariel, listening in, comments.

"Maybe to make it extra-challenging? Maybe it's got something to do with what they did with Azrael. Maybe there's another war on. What are you asking me for?! I've got, like, one contact, and he's not paid me much mind since we left limbo!"
"I understand, Uriel. Don't worry; you're doing your best." Ariel smiles, consolingly. "I'm sure we'll figure everything out."

"So it's decided. As ordained by FATE ITSELF,"
"I never said Fate was involved..."
I ignore him.
"As ordained by fate itself, I go alone!"
This is my challenge! This is my quest! No matter how hopeless! No matter how hard!
"If these cosmic forces try and stop me, they'll have problems of their own!"

And so I make my calls.

And arrive in China alone, with naught but Sir Axe and Uriel. And I make my calls: Before I leave, I will have conquered this tournament! My challengers await!

And while I await them, I complete the last few hours of meditation needed to complete the meditation challenge!
And then it is time to let the matches begin!

I wish it could always be this easy -- my fists, my feet, my body in a blur of motion and power, but as fast as I move, the world's gone slow and heavy. Each movement is careful, deliberate, and weighted.

"I also wish it could always be this easy: you know, where they actually show up at the house instead of backing down like cowardly dogs?!"
"Man, you sure take this stuff seriously... But why don't you just go talk to them?"
'Yes! Yes, pin them where they live, where they cannot escape!"
"What are you, a supervillian?"
"Don't be silly, Uriel! She is a servant..."
"Of Justice!" "Of Justice!"

"Right. Of course."

But I do go and seek out some oppponents...

And I spend the nights strength-training.

And I spar. If I'm not training, I'm sparring. If I'm not sparring, I'm training...
As my enemies come at me, yes, there are moments of trepidation...

Yes, there are moments of fear as my opponents make their lightning-swift advancement...

But I draw in my courage!

And begin my triumphant counter-attack with fierceness that cannot be swayed!

"Mine is the kick that will shape the vault of heaven! Who the --"
"Wait, wait! This is a child-friendly record, remember? No Gurren Lagaan quotes!...Or at least not that one!"
"Right, right..."

And I can stand this tall, fight this hard, getting better and better with every match...

Because like all heroes, I have something to fight for. I know this trip probably seems selfish to everyone, even Uriel... But I want his future to be without worries. I don't want to have to think about me when I should be worried about his life.

"Does this feel like a chapter in a different dynasty to anyone else? I mean, my incredible wit and I are just wholly redundant."
"Alright, alright...." On the more normal side of things, I use one of those nifty new tablets to practice my people skills to try out on my opponents. I've already got several challenges done.

"My husband is dead!"
"Aww, that's too bad. Why don't we beat each other up? That'll make you feel better, right?"
"My heart is broken!"
"Come on! Punch me!"
"....Yeah, OK."
See? Already I'm so much better!
"I see nothing wrong with her socialization tactics!"
"Now, see, Axey? This is why we just let you fight things, while *other* angels did the talking."

Hush, you two! I am Orchid, the unconquerable!

"She batted you away with her hand. Unconquerable, my ethereal foot."
"Hush!"

"Lady, quit giving me signals! I can't just force-choke a guy! Force-choking is a heel tactic!"

Is it just me, or am I fighting the same people over and over again?

This woman is my fiercest opponent: I fall before her time and again, but I re-challenge her. Again.
And again. And again. In spite of her lower belt, she is a fiercesome fighter...
I've come so far. I've learned so much, from both my defeats and my victories.

I am a sim fu king, from these matches!

"You have learned much, young Orchid. Go forth and conquer."

I will not lose again!

I will only advance, to my final match.

It's against this guy. Maybe China just has one fashionable hairstyle?

I focus my will. I must win this; there's no room for failure at the top!

I throw my whole body into my kicks, launching myself into the air and scoring a point. In the next round, he hits my off shoulder and scores a point.
Yes, a tie. Yes, a moment in which everything hangs in the balance. How wonderful! I live for this part!

I let him back away in fear as I advance. I pound him and do not let up until he surrenders.

He bows. I bow. I've done it!
"I did it! I supermaxed my skill! I AM THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD!"
"Magnificent work, Lady Orchid!"
"Good job! I knew you could do it!"
"Bring on season 2's villains, bigger and badder! I want a demon tournament next time!"

"...I don't have the heart to tell her this is the last tournament she'll probably get to participate in."
"For the best, Uriel. For the best."

And now I head home to my family, triumphant at last. Make way for athletic equipment for everyone!

Orchid's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Career: Sports
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts
Building/Property: Everfresh Supermarket, Riverfront Swim Club
LTR: Opportunistic, Learned Relic Hunter, Jetsetter
Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim, Ariel Seraphim, Linden Seraphim, Waylon Shwarz, Jamie Neff, Nelson Rosa, A bunch of old people (darnit...Also, I need to make this list up better. I keep forgetting to write down their names), like half of China

Black Ops: Mustle Hustle, The Ultimate Challenge, Ticket Counting, Meditation Benefits, Health and Wellness Seminar
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, YA
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (sculp&photo), Child (sculp&photo), Teen (Sculp&Photo), YA (Sculp&Photo)

Heath's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax Skill:
Building/Property:
LTR:
Best Friends:
Linden Seraphim, Orchid Seraphim
Black Ops:
 Portraits:
Toddler
Sculptures/Photographs: Toddler (Sculp and Photo)
Stories In Progress:

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 49!)
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Congratulations, Orchid! One of her lines started me singing (mentally, so as not to alarm the cats) "The Impossible Dream." -- "This is my quest, to follow that star! no matter how hopeless, no matter how hard!" etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.