Author Topic: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please!)  (Read 81378 times)

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 25)
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
Congrats, Aster and Evanthe! Oh yeah, and Reed too. Aster cracks me up, and I can't wait to see how she will handle motherhood. :)

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 26)
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2011, 04:41:29 PM »
Evanthe, meanwhile, has been feeling lonely lately, so she invited Ross over. I guess it's my fault, with my lavish wedding and my beautiful husband and my sappy-romantic honeymoon and my parents and their perpetual making out...
I'm sorry, Evanthe. I will build you a boyfriend, so you'll never -- no, wait. I can't invent! I will paint her a boyfriend. I will steal a magic paintbrush that can make any portrait come to life and...
No. Wait. She has a boyfriend. She invited him. That is the argument of this point in the story. They seem happy, anyway...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you trying to say... That we're..."
"Gonna be a daddy! Well, I mean, you're going to be a daddy. If we were both going to be a daddy, I'm not sure where this nooboo would be, but probably not in my womb."

Love it! The little puppy is adorable too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 25)
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »
The puppy actually reminds me of one of my dogs -- hence why I got him, even though I wanted a kitten for Ariel.

---

Chapter 27: Full House

"You know, I was thinking about the future."
"What about it, Ariel?"
"We may need more open space, if future generations need the lawn. And, of course, for things like playing around... So I thought I'd compact the garden a bit, and move it out of the way..."
"Well, if that's what you want..."

It looks so small, stretched out like that. I hope we'll find a use for the space.

Dad's enjoying being a pet owner and playing with Gabriel; if the puppy looks even a little lonely, Dad's the first one there.

Anyway, Reed's actually going and doing work now! Or something.

This is his first customer, who wants a wardrobe to celebrate her not being a teenager anymore. Oh, and a haircut. And make-up. And stuff.
You know, I'm kind of relieved that the people of Riverview understand how poorly their lives are arranged, to demand everything.

She seems to like the end result. I'm not sure -- I think she needs big hula lei, and maybe a rubber ducky, and maybe a funny hat.
The funny hat makes everyone cuter.

Speaking of changing appearances...

Seeing the normally slim Vanthe' ballooned up like the baby was a watermelon under her skin is pretty silly. I try not to laugh about it too much -- I'm not my Dad. Or Uriel.

Not that I have much room to talk. I am the size of a house. I mean, it's a small house. But there's a person inside me, ergo I am some sort of building. Or maybe a car.
"Reed, would you say I'm more like a building, or a car?"
"What? Why do you ask?"
"I want to know if I need my tires retreaded and my oil checked!"
"...No, you're good."
I will go to the spa to check.

Ok, so it turns out that humans do not have tires, even when they have people inside them.
Just so you know.

I think Ross is kind of surprised to hear he's going to be a daddy.

But, as a whole, he seems to take it pretty well.

Then again, there's clearly pre-baby fever sweeping like a disease through the house.
"Do you think we could find a new sort of toy? Like maybe a squishy elder god who drives men mad at sight?"

"Aww, no...Baby wants a nice teddy bear, doesn't she? Baby wants a teddy-weddy..."
 Clearly, it is a deadly illness that must be stopped.

"By the way...Do you have any spare food I could have?"
"Oh, absolutely!"
Then she goes and walks toward the sim gnubb set.
"...Could I maybe...have...Never mind, dear..."
Oh, the pains of being a mooch in love with your target.

The oldest and the youngest members of the family -- well, mortal and dead members, you know -- got a rare chance to meet. I want you to know that Gabriel was on his best puppy conduct for Mr. Joy.

"They're having a campout. They're waiting for something."
"They're enjoying the night air, Uriel."
"I bet Cavegnome is making up primitive stories about how the stars used to be people of gods. Like that one. I bet that one was a sinister duck who smoked cigars."
"...Yeah, I kind of see it."
"Yeah. I'm sure Cavegnome's making 'primitive' stories like that. All the more reason to hate and distrust him."

"Oh...Um...Hi, Grandpa. It's been a while."
Ok, so let's review. Reed's apparently OK with living in a house with an immortal and a disembodied angel voice and a living doll and me... But seeing his dead grandfather who he hasn't seen since he was a toddler freaks him out?
"Be careful, Reed. It seems things will be getting complicated soon."
"More complicated?"
"...Or maybe it will pass your life over. I hope so. For your sake."

Or maybe that isn't what happened... I may have dreamed it. Because next thing I know, I'm in labor.

The baby is coming!

In between contractions, I notice that Reed's come downstairs in time to lose his head. I thought those books were supposed to be good for something!

After a long time and an epidural from those sparkles (thanks, Sparkles!)....

The world welcomes into it little Orchid. She's totally athletic and disciplined. She likes yellow, goopy carbonara, and Latin Music. I do not yet know her opinion on pina coladas or getting caught in the rain.

And Dad, like, immediately decides to take her for stroll. But she was just born! It's already way too bright for her!
"Get back here, daddy!"

And in the mail, we get... A present from some Aunt named Bernice.
Mom and Uriel get all concerned, but I can figure it out. This is a conspiracy!
A friendship conspiracy?
...PRINCESS CELESTIA is behind this! She's in league with the sparkles.

But regardless of that, her father's only concern is to snuggle her like crazy.

And I get the feeling like Mom's worries about the future have been at least momentarily checked by having a little one around to snuggle. I bet it makes the future look wonderful and scary and maybe with some ice cream.

Evanthe's fishing in our little pond when her labor pains hit. She's been keeping close to home lately...

But I got an opportunity to look at a local gallery. And when I'm looking at then, my mind opens up to see art as never before.

I max painting at last.

And while I'm maxxing painting, Evanthe's wrapping up her son Linden. He's disciplined and perceptive, liking turquoise, crepes, and Latin music.
"What, not Heath?"
"If you like Heath so much, you can save it for later. It was Aster's idea, not mine."

Aster's Requirements[/u]

Lifetime Wish: Living in the Lap of Luxury
Career: Architect
Supermax Skill: Painting (1/3)
Building, Property: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner, Romper Recreational Park
LTR: Observant, Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative
Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Billy (Caspian) Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman
Black Ops: When Dream Come True, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, A fishy science project, Outside Reading, Larger than Necessary Doorstop, Local Artists' Gallery
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teenager, YA
Sculptures/Photos: Child (sculp), Teen (sculp), YA (sculpt and Photo)

Orchid's Requirements:[/u]
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts (unless travelling glitch, then athletics)
Building/Property:
LTR:
Best Friends:
Black Ops:
Portraits:
Sculptures/Photographs
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 27)
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »
Aww what sweet little nooboos! I bet they'll be best friends. *nudge, nudge wink*
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:36 AM »
What cute nooboos! Hopefully they'll be just like Reed and Aster. *completely obvious nudge/wink*

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
Chapter 28: We are Family
She's so precious, my little one. My little fallen star, my Amazonian little hothouse cultivation.

"My cuddly little destroyer of worlds! The one who will lead the armies against those watching above... Oh, but not the readers! No, the readers are just OK!"
"...Well, this will be an interestingly brought-up child."

Though with the magic of magic swings, the job of parenting is 20% easier! That's what it says on the box.
Of course, this involves believing corporate lies. But they are so contented in the swings.

Not that Orchid, between 2 Family-Oriented guys, a pair of doting grandmothers, and me, actually manages to stay in her swing for long.

"Right now, we're kind of stable. This is weird."

"Mom, I didn't even know you had taken all these pictures..."
"Well, some of them came with the wallet, but this one right here of Orchid, Aster took."

So we're taking the time to hang out more, as a family.

"I'm thinking for my next painting, I want to do a visual treatise on the value of underwater cheese graters in connecting Sims to the transcendental power of cheese...Underwater! So they can go all 'blub, blub, blub, that's good cheese'...Don't you think?"

...I guess it's not exactly a strength.
"Well, thank you for sharing, dear heart."

But in the end, my mom doesn't mind. I'm glad to be able to be with her for eternity.

The downside of the swings is that they sometimes get the babies sick '20% easier,' indeed. But it can be fixed by a hug from Grandma Elaine.

It's really nice, when Evanthe (who is off fishing a lot) and I can take care of our little ones together. The thought of having a little life in my somewhat incapable hands gets... A little less scary.
"I think we can actually do this."
"Of course we can."
"We just can't let the betatronic rocket society get in our way!"
"I'll keep a guard posted, Aster!"

And while we're doing that, Reed completes his lifetime wish.
"Good job, kiddo!"
"I'm a mostly grown man. You don't have to keep calling me 'kiddo'."
"I was born before time itself; your mom's like a kid to me, too."
"Yeah? Well, *your face* is like a kid to me."
"...What? No, that wasn't an insult. It's a fact. Don't sweat it, kid."

Elaine's begun making a racket with what we found at the consignment store. It's really an awful lot of racket, at that.... But it brings up good metals and gems, so who am I to complain?

"Hi, Ross. I thought you might want to meet your son."
That's how the meeting starts off... But in the end, Ross leaves before he and his son get a chance to bond. Work, that sort of thing.
In the end, I don't want to say it, but maybe Ross doesn't care. Or maybe he's just no good with babies -- a lot of people aren't. Reed's not one of them, but...

"Hey there, Jade. Catching some tunes?"
"Tunes of evil! I vote we move the stereo over so that there's less space. Push them off..."
...I wonder if this is where I got it from...
In a world where angels are possible, why not magical inheritance?

In the midst of our ordinary days...

Mom finally gets a phone call with an opportunity to learn to plant steaks and patties. What's that? You’re puzzled by steak plants? Boy, you people on computers... Everyone knows that steaks are plants. Get with it.
What stuns me is how long it took!

Oh, and I guess our little puppy isn't a puppy anymore.

Aw, who am I kidding? He's still a precious little puppy to me! Yes he is, yes he is...
Oh, wait. Why am I saying this here? Dogs can't read Simlish!
...They read Spanish. I need to be writing this in Spanish for dogs to read. Hm. But I don't speak Spanish, since everyone I've met speaks Simlish.

Oh, while I was doing this, cakes were set up: it's birthday time!

So first comes up little Linden...

And little Orchid.

Linden looks so much like a paler Ross; I liked the contrast on him, but I think Linden looks nice all the same.

Is it narcissistic to point out that my beautiful little girl looks like a tanner version of me?
Well, I'll leave that for you to ponder while I get cake. Unless they've been lying to me about it.
"Caaaaaaake!"

Aster's Requirements[/u]

Career: Architect
Supermax Skill: Painting (1/3)
Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Billy (Caspian) Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman, Orchid Seraphim
Black Ops: When Dream Come True, Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, A fishy science project, Outside Reading, Larger than Necessary Doorstop, Local Artists' Gallery

Orchid's Requirements:[/u]
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Building/Property:
LTR:
Best Friends: Aster Seraphim
Black Ops:
Portraits:
Sculptures/Photographs
Stories In Progress:

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 28)
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
Oh my gosh, I'm no match for nooboo cuteness!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »
Squee. Those little nooboos are so cute.
I predict a marriage in the future.  ;)
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2011, 01:38:17 PM »
Aww both toddlers are really cute.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
Both toddlers are adorable. Orchid does look a lot like Aster!  :D

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Angels Unawares: The Seraphim Immortal Dynasty (Newest Chapter: 29)
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
@All: Aren't they just? That said, I'm hoping for at least one of Aster's genes to die out at some point, just to get some variety in...If gen 4 is a blue-eyed, black-and-tawny girl, I may have to get hair dye involved.

Chapter 29: Gazing Into the Abyss

"Woah, woah, woah -- what's all this?"
"I was thinking...About the future."
"And this made you want to reorganize the yard in the middle of a party."
"I'm sorry, Uriel..."
But in the end, Uriel can't be mad at Mom. Not when Daddy and I are sharing a worried glance that, if he had visible eyes, I think he'd be sharing, too.
Because we understand Mom's personal language enough to know...that...'Thinking about the future' is her way of... Making herself smaller, pushing herself aside to spare herself a little pain. Bracing for impact.
"No, no, don't be. It looks fine...Heck, maybe we can use this space for horses one day. Horses are good."
"That is what I had in mind..." She says in a small, sad little voice.

Dad pulls her into a hug, but I have my own worries to deal with.

I've got a daughter to raise. To raise to understand the world.
"You want to keep your memories in a box so that aliens won't be able to rip them out of your skull, OK?"
"Bok!"
"...Maybe Reed should do this..."

And Evanthe likewise, though her lessons aren't as good.

"You need to remember to give a girl flowers. Can you say flowers?"
Silence.
"It's ok, sweetie. Neither can your father."

I swear I hear dramatic music swelling -- a chill spreads through the air, and mom rushes up the stairs. I hear her gasp,
"Elaine!"
After all, apparently the reaper is a party maniac. And Elaine is at least 90 by now.

But no, it's just June Shallow, our neighbor and perpetual party crasher.

Mom sighs in relief. I stare. He's... He's not real. That's the way I can describe him, the 5th dimensional air around him breaking into fractal darkness, darkness which contains only darkness, cold which contains only cold: cold with a color and a scent and a taste, but the color is deathfish and the scent is black and the taste is rot.
He is bigger than the world, behind it all, and the world just has little holes that we can see him through.

"Be gone from this world, mortal – be gone and count yourself blessed for having lived, you wretched thing -- do you not know it? Do you deny it to one like me?!"

"...Azrael. Be reasonable. She hasn't said anything yet."
Mom stands in front of death itself like a proud queen. Like an angel whose words are a fiery sword, and I want to cling to her. Because Azrael, the Grim Reaper, sounds... Insane.

That's what I sound like to people who aren't me, isn't it?

He swivels his head and spots her, and suddenly the power and the madness drains a little.

"Ariel. Ariel. And Uriel, too, of course. Of course, this is. Where I am. Yes. I'm sorry."
"You're not...well, are you, Azrael?" So Mom hears it too.
"I am fine."
She shakes her head as if she doesn't believe him, but lets him pretend.

"Of course. How have you been?"
"Busy. As always busy, as always will be, busy." Sometimes Reed tightens his guitar strings too much, and the tightening makes a noise, a sort of quavering, auditory breaking before a real break occurs. It rushes to my mind in a flurry of images in the darkness of his face.

Mom steers the conversation, and the two talk about music for a little while.
"I need to go. I should not have lingered here, when I have Duty to do. I am sorry."
"Azrael..."
"I am sorry that I will see you again."

Mom watches him fade into a clutch of smoke. She turns to me, and as her figure blurs I realize that her eyes, too, are filled with tears.
"I already knew that, Azrael..."
She whispers as she hugs me.

Mom's the one to take June's grave to the cemetery, while the party finishes.

And Reed finishes teaching Orchid to talk. It was something ordinary, like bicycles...
...But maybe it's better if she learns about that sort of thing...

When Linden’s not with his mother, he’s working on his playing with blocks. I’m not sure I see the appeal – I’d much rather melt the blocks so they’ll fit through any hole, maybe with some sort of liquidizing device.

"We need you to find gems, Ok, Gabriel? And rocks bigger than your head."
"...Yeah, because those are just lying around."
"We'll send the hound to hunt, and we'll see who's right."

Gabriel goes on the hunt!
“Aww, look! He found a really big space rock, bigger than his whole body!”
”…Well, I’ll be…”

And Reed starts teaching Orchid to walk. He's really a responsible father.

Not that I'm slouching! This painting of my daughter is my 30th, so that's another challenge down.

Linden's still fussy about that swing, waking up the whole house, practically.

Evanthe decides to take the opportunity to potty train him.

And, since I'm up, I decide to visit the recently-bereaved Shallow family, in hopes of getting a remodeling job from them. But, snobs that they are, they say things like, "We don't want a madwoman redecorating our home."
...I guess that clinches things, doesn’t it?

Mom, at least, is settled a bit - she's happy to be a grandma, anyway.

She takes Orchid out to the lawn where apparently everyone's having a training party

Gabriel learns to sit! Good boy, Gabriel!

And we finish up Orchid's toddler skills.

"Honey, is something wrong? You've been...really quiet."
"Oh, Reed. I... I dunno. Maybe I'm death."
"What?"
"Not him exactly, but like him. Like... There was something of a broken mirror in him, you know? Glinting off his bones, he was a blackened mirror. All pretty, shiny pieces and sharp edges and... And broken. Dangerously so.
Like me."
"Aster. Look at me."
I don't want to.
"Look at me."
He takes me and holds me for a moment, however counter-active to looking at him that may be.

"There's nothing broken about you. The way you shine to me isn't a broken mirror -- it's a star. A dazzling, shining star that watches the world from somewhere outside of its orbit."
"You...you think so?"
"I love you. Of course I do. Evanthe, get in here and tell Aster she's fine."
"Fine? She's better than fine! Aster, you're the single best person I know, alright? I owe you my life because you... Are an unstoppable force of belief, of creative will, of... Oh, if I find the person who made you feel bad, I am going to make him regret it!"
Maybe there are parts of this crisis I maybe shouldn't mention.
Maybe I should just let this become a group hug of my best friends.

"Hey, guess what, guys? I finally found a kitten that would suit us!"

"Her name is Echo."

---
Aster's Requirements

Career: Architect (9/10)
Supermax Skill: Painting (2/3)
Best Friends: Ariel Seraphim, Billy (Caspian) Seraphim, Reed (Joy) Seraphim, Evanthe Seraphim, Lindsay Coulter, Helmut Roderickson, Jacob Roderickson, Ross Dorman, Orchid Seraphim

Orchid's Requirements:
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Building/Property:
LTR:
Best Friends: Aster Seraphim, Reed Seraphim
Black Ops:
Portraits: Toddler
Sculptures/Photographs Toddler (sculp), Not sure about photo
Stories In Progress:

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:24 PM »
Iliked loved that whole scene with Ariel and the Grim Reaper. Oh and the thing with Aster, Reed, and Evanthe. I love the whole thing actually!  ;D

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
I loved the thing with Grimm. Welcome Echo! She's a very pretty kitty.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2011, 11:51:00 AM »
I'm glad you liked it, since I'm hoping to build a plot around the reaper. He's the only constant, after all.
Stories In Progress:

Deadly Syn

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »
This dynasty is awesome!  ;D

anything