Author Topic: How to find out traits quickly  (Read 36958 times)

CrossedTowers

How to find out traits quickly
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
My sims are measly. I spend ages queuing up every interaction available but they still require about half a day to find out traits alone. I know about 'get to know', I am using it but no help. And sometimes there are other things to save up happiness points for than the reward for traits. Please help me and my sims.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: How to find out traits quickly
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »
If you're playing a fresh new game in a fresh unaltered town from scratch, you can always pop off to sims wiki and have a look at the townies traits. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CrossedTowers

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
If you're playing a fresh new game in a fresh unaltered town from scratch game, you can always pop off to sims wiki and have a look at the townies traits. :)

No I am not.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
No I am not.

Hmm.. I'm pretty sure just the Observant LTR and the Get To Know are the only options, but you know of those.. How long roughly are they taking? Maybe it could be a bug if they are taking too long, but I wouldn't know how exactly 'too long' is..

CrossedTowers

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
Hmm.. I'm pretty sure just the Observant LTW and the Get To Know are the only options, but you know of those.. How long roughly are they taking? Maybe it could be a bug if they are taking too long, but I wouldn't know how exactly 'too long' is..

Ok. Thanks for responding.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Also if you give your sim the Perceptive trait it will help some when learning traits of other sims.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

CrossedTowers

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
Also if you give your sim the Perceptive trait it will help some when learning traits of other sims.

Never knew that thanks, always thought it was useful for P.I. career only.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
Well, I always like for my sims to know someone before being friends/marrying so I took the that LTR, you can discover traits in no time, just greet the sims and you'll discover  3 traits, use get to know and you'll discover the other 2, I never regretted buying it
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

CrossedTowers

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
Well, I always like for my sims to know someone before being friends/marrying so I took the that LTR, you can discover traits in no time, just greet the sims and you'll discover  3 traits, use get to know and you'll discover the other 2, I never regretted buying it

Thank you for your reply. Yes I know that. I am wondering if any other social interactions will result in a discovery of a trait.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
Last year one of the tournament Challenges involved creating a political Sim; and one of the scoring factors in that Challenge was how many traits your Sim had learned.  If you look at the thread for discussing Challenge strategies, I think you might find some very good tips.  Here's the link:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=519.0  That Challenge was called Political "Traiter" to the World.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
I'm not sure about this, but I believe if you have a trait and you use the social interaction that corresponds with it, such as "Talk about Art", I think it might tell you that the sim has the same trait as they do. (In this case, Artistic.) I'm not sure about this though, someone would need to test it :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

CrossedTowers

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
Thanks Schipperke, yes it did help. I never knew you could learn the traits of foreign visitors instantly!

Thank you ZapKid, yeah I've been doing that as well.

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »
yes also try one romantic interaction, it will tell you if the sim is flirty/unflirty/hopless romantic/commitment issues
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

CrossedTowers

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
yes also try one romantic interaction, it will tell you if the sim is flirty/unflirty/hopless romantic/commitment issues

Will do that too, just hoping the next Sim my Sim meets is not male.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
If your Sim is a Journalist, they can "interview" other Sims.  That's always good for picking up traits.