Author Topic: Is there a way to get rid of LTRs.  (Read 12363 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Is there a way to get rid of LTRs.
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
I'm wondering if there is a way to get rid of a LTR like Stone Hearted. I want my game to be more realistic so that when a relative dies my Sim could mourn their death, but I accidentally purchased this reward. Is there a way to get rid of LTRs in general.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Is there a way to get rid of LTRs.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
I think I found a way to get rid of them on another website, though I can't confirm.

You could switch the active family to a different one then go right back, I think that causes lifetime rewards to go away. But it also gets rid of items in your inventory/fridge/shelves I believe.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
Switching Active Households doesn't remove LTHRs, I've done it in my Legacy several times and all LTHR's and Inventory items are still there.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:13:32 AM »
Switching Active Households doesn't remove LTHRs, I've done it in my Legacy several times and all LTHR's and Inventory items are still there.

Weird the original poster said it did work but that topic was pretty much outdated, too. June 2009, just think, lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:14:40 AM »
Have you tried using the Testingcheats method of removing Moodlets? (Shift-Click)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
Have you tried using the Testingcheats method of removing Moodlets? (Shift-Click)

Yeah that didn't work either, tried Ctrl+Click too.

P.S. My 6000th post.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »
I don't of a way to get rid of just one reward. But you can you the cheat to take them back into CAS and age them down say to a teen. You will get a pop up listing which traits and rewards that was removed.
If the one you wanted removed is on the list then age them back up and edit their personality to put the trait back and exit CAS. If it wasn't age them down more to a child or toddler if you have to.
Almost forgot, the cloths will probably be different when you age them backup so those will have to be fixed also.
Unfortunately you don't get the points back for the LTRs removed so you will have to cheat again to give yourself enough points to buy back the other rewards you lost.
It's a big pain to do but it's the only way I know of.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »
Hmm, that Sim has a few hidden traits as well which I don't want her to lose as well.. Though it's good that there is some way. Just.. is there another too?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
I hadn't thought about the hidden traits. The sim I used it on to get rid of the Age Freeze didn't have any to worry about.
Hope someones has a better way of doing it without resorting to a mod.
Be nice if we could just sell them back.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
Even if it was in return for less LTHP, or if we could swap them, so if you had a 20,000 one you could swap for a different 20,000 or maybe two 10,000's instead or something.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
I found this. It's a testingcheatsenabled cheat. I haven't tried it, but I think this resets your LTHP and maybe it will reset your LTR too. Save before doing it, though, just in case.
resetlifetimehappiness                  - Reset lifetime happiness of all Sims in active
                                                    household.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
I found this. It's a testingcheatsenabled cheat. I haven't tried it, but I think this resets your LTHP and maybe it will reset your LTR too. Save before doing it, though, just in case.
resetlifetimehappiness                  - Reset lifetime happiness of all Sims in active
                                                    household.

Wow, I'll have to try that cheat. Learn something new every day. Thanks Moons.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
Only thank me if it works! :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »
Only thank me if it works! :)

Hehe, thanks will have to try tomorrow. It's actually much needed because I want to start anew with a 'supersim' I have without her losing her skills. She has two not-so-good rewards, Stone Hearted and Vacationer, assuming she got all of them, but I want to get rid of those because she will most probably be the second generation spouse of my rainbowcy (spoiler). :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »
I tried it and get an unknown command message.

anything