Author Topic: Barnacle Bay?  (Read 9422 times)

ColliCub

Re: barnacle bay?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »
I can still see Barnacle Bay as being available at the Store...? Store->Worlds->Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure... you have to purchase Sim Points to get it, but it's still there. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm an Australian user?

You can also buy it at EA's Origin website, or the Steam website (store.steampowered.com) - these a both fully legit, secure websites.

Aussie users, I know JB Hi-Fi sells it, and EB Games I think too?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Barnacle Bay?
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
I can still see Barnacle Bay as being available at the Store...? Store->Worlds->Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure... you have to purchase Sim Points to get it, but it's still there. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm an Australian user?

The problem isn't that it's not listed in the store, it's that you can't buy it with SimPoints.  When I view it in the store, it only has a button that says "Redeem Code."  When you do a search for it, there is no SimPoint price given.  There is no option to buy it with SimPoints on the page, either.  I even changed my region to Australia, and it still wasn't available.  If you see it as purchasable with SimPoints, how many does it say?

And yes, you can buy it directly from EA's Origin website or from Steam, but you can't use SimPoints there either.

When I looked on the Origins website, Barnacle bay was being sold at a reduced price (about $16-$17).  The only reason I could see that they don't offer it for purchase with SimPoints any more is to make putting it on sale easier.  It would also simplify buying it, since it eliminates the step of purchasing the SimPoints. 

Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 03:59:40 AM »
When I looked on the Origins website, Barnacle bay was being sold at a reduced price (about $16-$17).  The only reason I could see that they don't offer it for purchase with SimPoints any more is to make putting it on sale easier.  It would also simplify buying it, since it eliminates the step of purchasing the SimPoints. 

Well, let's hope that this change will lead to a sale, like you said. :)
I checked Origin just now and it was €17,90 - that's over 25 USD. It seems in euros we always need to pay more for the same pixels... I'll keep waiting for a sale!

ColliCub

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:40 AM »
The problem isn't that it's not listed in the store, it's that you can't buy it with SimPoints.  When I view it in the store, it only has a button that says "Redeem Code."  When you do a search for it, there is no SimPoint price given.  There is no option to buy it with SimPoints on the page, either.  I even changed my region to Australia, and it still wasn't available.  If you see it as purchasable with SimPoints, how many does it say?

Sorry Hosfac, I confess I've already purchased it previously so now it just says 'You already own this item'. I think I may have misunderstood the earlier comment... I thought the concern was that you couldn't buy it at all, not that you couldn't buy it with SimPoints.

Personally, I think it's easier to make the purchase with a credit card... it was pain trying to get enough SimPoints without having to purchase more than what I actually needed. But yeah, it does seem a bit unfair for younger Simmers who may not have a credit card or own their own income, and have enough SimPoints to make the purchase.

anything