Author Topic: Running to certain part of house  (Read 4181 times)

Sportsfan

Running to certain part of house
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
I really have no idea what to call this topic, but here's the problem:
I've only seen this in one of my games, my dynasty, and it's when if I cue up a few actions for a sim to do, say, cook a meal, kick it up a notch, and then eat it, they will cook the meal, run to the front of the house, go back, kick it up a notch, run to the front of the house, and then eat the food.
But then sometimes this doesn't happen.
Does anybody know what the cause of this is?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Running to certain part of house
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:00:33 AM »
I think that Sims normally 'travel' on the Automatic setting so they move at wahtever speed/transport they feel is best to reach their destination, I don't know but when my Sims need the toilet they run to it, if they are not so desperate they walk.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:37:24 AM »
I guess Sportsfan's problem is that their sim runs somewhere between the interaction, with no apparent reason, not the running itself?
I'm sorry I can't offer a cause for it but I can say it happens; one of my sims had a habit of running to a certain rose bush under the living room window and then standing there stomping her feet... it was quite annoying as there was no stopping her, with 'move here' or anything, she would run there to yell and only then do what was up next. In the end I just decided that "grandma (the sim) has gone a bit soft in the head" and let her have her way.  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:58:02 AM »
I've had this same thing happen.  It's odd, but doesn't break the game, so I don't worry about it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:06:29 AM »
Oh I misread it sorry. I get that in my Dynasty, only lately though. They sometimes run to the Kitchen before going to the Garden. Another thing I have noticed is Sims cancelling their 'Walk Here' actions lke it isn't possible but when you make them take a step a little distance from them they walk to there and then can go to the place you wanted, that seems to only happen after teleporting home for me.

Sportsfan

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
I've had this same thing happen.  It's odd, but doesn't break the game, so I don't worry about it.
Okay. It's not really bad, it's just annoying and wastes time.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
My guitarist does this all the time when I tell her to perform a composition. She takes out the guitar, runs to a certain point, starts playing, I cancel out the action, the same thing repeatedly but never the same spot. Is this a glitch or something because I never had such problems with earlier patches (I recall not having a problem with the LN patch, too). Perhaps it's connected to either 1.22 or 1.24.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »
The Guitar has always done that for me.

imaGleek

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
This used to always happen to me, I was so annoying between every action Morgana would run down to the laundry room and all the way back upstairs before doing anything but it stopped happing when I updated to the new patch (I installed it really late because I don't usally patch up unless I get a new expansion pack.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
The Guitar has always done that for me.

Well it didn't for me before I patched up to 1.22. I was at 1.15-17 before that.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »
I'm at 1.22 and this is the only time I've seen it.

imaGleek

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
I'm at 1.22 and this is the only time I've seen it.

Is that the newest patch, Or the one before it?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
Is that the newest patch, Or the one before it?

The one before it, the newest is 1.24.

imaGleek

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 12:23:39 PM »
The one before it, the newest is 1.24.

Oh ok. But shouldn't he be at the newest one because he's doing a dynasty? Anyways, as soon as I got the new patch it fixed it.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 12:27:11 PM »
Oh ok. But shouldn't he be at the newest one because he's doing a dynasty? Anyways, as soon as I got the new patch it fixed it.

I don't know about your first question personally but I have the new patch and that didn't fix the bug/glitch.

anything