Author Topic: Never Aging - Sims YA over 12 weeks into the game  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Never Aging - Sims YA over 12 weeks into the game
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »
My Dynasty is experiencing a strange bug.
Robert Newbie, Lorraine Cantina, and other Riverview sims are literally YA about 12/13 weeks into the game. My Generation 3 can probably befriend them to fufil her BF requirement.
I know Story Progression is on. This ruined ratchie's DecaDynasty, so I'm really nervous.
Any ideas (preferably within Dynasty rules)?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Never Aging - Sims YA over 12 weeks into the game
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »
Have you double checked that your game is on Normal speed?  Double check your game clock to see the week you're on.  Are your Sims aging normally?  What method are you using to determine those townies are still Young Adults?  How old are they supposed to be?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:38:10 AM »
Have you double checked that your game is on Normal speed?

You mean speed 1? I often am on that. If you mean Aging, I am most definitely, 109% on Normal Length.

Double check your game clock to see the week you're on.

At the last check, Week 12, Day 5. I'm probably now in Week 13.

Are your Sims aging normally?

Yes.

What method are you using to determine those townies are still Young Adults?

Because of Dynasty rules, I'm doing it by looks. They look exactly the same as if you were to load up Riverview for the first time. I am also certain that the vast majority aren't vampires.

How old are they supposed to be?

Dead. A teenager has died before them (MaryKay Shallow just died of old age.)

I'm also not sure if this is related, but my 2nd Generation temporarily vanished off the map, and appeared about 10 SimKilometres off of it. As if she was in France. The last time I travelled was quite a while ago.

EDIT: Would I be allowed to switch households for a moment and check if someone's drunken Age Freeze?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »
Seabody, Rachel and Rica had such problems too they even stopped their DecaDynasties because of this sorry.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:48:59 AM »
EDIT: Would I be allowed to switch households for a moment and check if someone's drunken Age Freeze?

That's the new Lifetime Happiness Reward, right?  It's not possible for a Sim not under your control to drink it.  LTRs are strictly for the player and don't happen for the rest of the town.  So, it's not necessary to switch households.

You mean speed 1? I often am on that. If you mean Aging, I am most definitely, 109% on Normal Length.

I meant aging.  Normal length is 90 Sim days.  I thought you might have been on the Long setting by mistake.

I'm also not sure if this is related, but my 2nd Generation temporarily vanished off the map, and appeared about 10 SimKilometres off of it. As if she was in France. The last time I travelled was quite a while ago.

It may not be related, but it's probably an indicator that your game could be fatally bugged.  When crazy things like that happen, there's no fixing it and no explaining it.  Are you sure they're not vampires?  Are they at least acquaintances with your Sim so that you can see the red outline around their pictures in the relationship panel?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 06:50:32 AM »
Hey guys I came up with this crazy conclusion. What if they are indeed vampires just not showing. I mean perhaps it's some insane bug with 1.24 (haven't heard of this before) that townies are vampires but show as human Sims.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »
Hey guys I came up with this crazy conclusion. What if they are indeed vampires just not showing. I mean perhaps it's some insane bug with 1.24 (haven't heard of this before) that townies are vampires but show as human Sims.

Surely they would show up as a vampire somehow.  Skin, eyes, smoking in the sun, running super fast.  Or with the red around their picture.  I mean, surely they would.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 06:56:30 AM »
Surely they would show up as a vampire somehow.  Skin, eyes, smoking in the sun, running super fast.  Or with the red around their picture.  I mean, surely they would.

Yeah most likely. Then it's really some bizarre bug Seabody sorry. I heard it even makes your Sims not age like in Rachel's decadynasty I hope it doesn't for you.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »
I hope not.
I think that without breaking Dynasty Rules, then the best I can do is meet one of these people and see if there are signs of Vampirism.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 06:57:16 PM »
In my decadynasty most of the original townies seemed stuck at young adult. A few Sims were dying but their lives were a lot longer then normal.I didn't notice anymore vampires then usual.
The game breaker came when my Sims age reset back to the begining of her adult life stage without any imput from me. I assumed that this is what was happening to the townies.
If the same thing happens in my current Decadynasty I think I might just cry.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Because of Dynasty rules, I'm doing it by looks. They look exactly the same as if you were to load up Riverview for the first time.

It's not implausible that, since there's so much overlap between YA and adult wardrobes, that they retained the same outfit and hairstyle into adulthood.  I would even expect it to happen in a few Sims, given how many residents there are in town.  I skimmed the Dynasty and DecaDynasty rules since I'm not familiar with either, and I didn't see anything against this: to be sure they are still YAs, meet them.  Then use the phone to throw a party.  You don't actually have to throw it, you can cancel the action without having the party, but when the Sims appear in your possible guest list, it will list their life stages and you can determine if they are still YA or simply have similar adult appearances.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 12:20:49 AM »
That's the thing - I'm sure that I checked their Forehead for wrinkles.
I found out that one was a vampire, but the other just doesn't want to be found. He Jammed with my guitarist, so I'd expect him to be her contact, but no.

Sportsfan

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »
Save the dynasty in a different file and then test so you don't have to worry about breaking the rules.
Oh, and Csquared: I think his point was that they should have died a long time ago.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »
Save the dynasty in a different file and then test so you don't have to worry about breaking the rules.

I would do, but to be honest, I really don't want to touch that save again. I failed just now, and it was my favourite Dynasty so far.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:54 AM »
I would do, but to be honest, I really don't want to touch that save again. I failed just now, and it was my favourite Dynasty so far.

Do you mean you failed with the Dynasty you were asking this question about?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog