Author Topic: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!  (Read 84104 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2011, 09:28:48 PM »
Yikes. My graphic card is getting worse.  :'( It takes like 3 minutes after I click the icon for it even to come up. I was hoping to do a factory reset to save some time and trouble but my folder is an idiot and won't let me rename it or cut and paste. So, I'm going to have to do a full uninstall and reinstall. I hate doing that!! I'm going to go in my files and make sure they aren't doing anything so they don't get stuck or whatever. Than I will save the most important one to a flashdrive and the library. I really hope this will stop the lags and I'm hoping it will make it to where I click the icon and it opens instantly. I know my GC is bad but until I can get the new one installed, I'm doing everything I can to help my game. It might come down to me not being able to play until the new one, but I'm so so hoping it doesn't come to that. I'll keep you guys posted.
EDIT: I finally figure it out. I also played for a little bit, it's a little better on opening, but still lagging a bit. Maybe I have too many items in the house, or too many animals? I have 3 cats and a unicorn plus 6 sims. I'm tired so I'm done for the night. Maybe I'll do something tomorrow, like maybe releasing Cashew, or selling some things. I'll save under a different name in case those things don't work, I'll still have it like it was tonight.

loveSims

« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23:39 AM »
Sorry to hear about the problems Esther. Before I get the new card I have a lot of problems with horses. They cause a lot of lag so maybe you can release the unicorn? You can adopt him again when you het the new card. Unicorns live a long tme! A lot of stuff in the house can also cause lag. And a very big garden also. Sprinklers that is on all the time also cause lag. I realy hope things got better for you. :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2011, 12:30:34 AM »
I hope your computer stops being retarded! I'm sure it's a super pain in butt.

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2011, 04:09:41 AM »
I hope you can fix the lagging problem. It would be an awful shame to see you having to end this dynasty due it.  :'(
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
Fingers crossed that you can resolve your problems without loosing this game file.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »
Sorry for all the problems Esther1981. I know it's frustrating.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »
Thanks loveSims, Kattiq, ClaCla, Rachel and Moonshadow. Releasing Cashew sounds good. Also, Wyatt doesn't really have anything else to do besides take care of the garden and shop, so maybe I'll get rid of all the sprinklers. Yes it is a pain! I hope so too, it would be terrible. I hope so, I've saved the file onto a flashdrive so if something bad happens, I've got that one to fall back on. Yes, it's very frustrating. I felt like throwing my computer out the window last night. I felt like Wyatt is going to do it, he's going to get through all 8 generations and right now it's a little sad that because of the game he might fail. No, not thinking that way, he's not going to fail, I WILL save this file!!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
He can do it! You just gotta whip that computer into shape missy!

loveSims

« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:52 PM »
I know you can do it! You and Wyatt are a mean team. That pc better watch out!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2011, 03:37:15 AM »
Thank you so much Kattiq and loveSims! I released Cashew and sold a ton of bugs and gems/metals and it seems to be doing alot better. Yes it still lags a little but I'm beginning to think it's my computer itself and not the game as my Happy Pets seems to have the same issue on facebook. Instead of just a new GC, I might have to look into a whole new computer. When I bought this one, I was playing games like Virtual Villagers, Virtual Family and Fish Tycoon so I asked the store guy if it would be good with them and he said yes. Technically he didn't lie cause it plays them fine lol.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:53 PM »
After Kelvin's birthday, his pictures were painted and taken. We have weird walls in our house. Sometimes a painting or picture disappears when placed, never to be seen again. So we have began using non-important paintings to "test" the walls before hand. I am grateful for this as one of Kelvin's walls is defective. Oh well, we just lost a non-important one this time. Here is his museum so far.

Dads money trees gave him a lot of seeds today, which he planted. No we don't need the money, but those money trees are awesome and he loves having them around!

Due to the lagging issues, dad decided to release Cashew back into the wild. He loved him, but like most things, no matter how much you love them and how much you don't ever want to lose them, if it comes down to them or us, we always come first. He rubbed his neck and told him goodbye. Than, in a flash of light he was gone. Farewell Cashew, we will all remember you even though you were only with us for a short time.

On the same note, dad has given up on collecting 1 of every bug but with Precious, Decker and now Kit collecting them, he has been keeping them in a chest. Also he's been saving all the gems and metals he was ever sent. But the same as Cashew. He sold everything but 1 of each. That one night, he sold 375 bugs to the science facility for $113,216 and all the gems and metals were sold for $291,925.

Kit had her birthday and grew into an adult.

I also had my adult birthday. Right before it though, I got the creepiest feeling someone was standing behind me. Everyone in the house was busy, but when I looked a woman was right there, breathing down my neck. I jumped about a mile, but than I calmed down as I realized it was just Penny. How she got out of my inventory is still a mystery though. Anyways, Happy adult birthday to me and Penny!

As you can plainly see in the pictures, the doll Penny and the real Penny is out at the same time. Very confusing not to mention funny! No matter, I went to mom for my portrait.

And Kelvin for my sculpture.

While I was posing, Penny was talking to herself and in general being very humerous.

I went back to painting, and Penny went back to talking to herself lol.

I decided to leave the lot and see what would happen. So I walked out in the middle of the street, and real Penny went back into her doll. I walked back onto the lot and she came to life in doll-form so I guess the weirdness was only for one night. My stuff was put down in my museum.

Kelvin has supermaxed sculpting, so now he's working on sculpting nectar racks in stone for all of us. Jon's the first to get one in his room.

I can't believe my Paige is almost a teenager. This is the last day of school for her.

She than went back to her swing. Enjoy it my darling, you start working on your requirements after your birthday!!

That's it this time. Enjoy.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »
YAY you're computer is still working :)

We shall miss Cashew though..& if dad ever wants to give me some of those money trees.. Or better yet just continuously give me money throughout my life, that would be GREAT. Haha

loveSims

« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »
Its sad about Cashew but you must do what's best for the dynasty. It is freaky about Penny lol! And I want some off those moneytrees as well! ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2011, 02:55:31 AM »
Thanks Kattiq and loveSims!

Yes it is, I'm not going to lose this file without a fight! Five times is enough, and I am determined to have 8 elders in the same house, and I won't stop til I get it. I'm aware I could create 8 elder sims in CAS lol but it's not the same thing. He was a great uni, but I saved him so if I get my GC before I have 8 elders, I'll recreate him for them.  If there was a way to get the money from my sims to yours or you, I'd do it! Maybe with Showtime hehe.

Yes, the dynasty always comes first. Even though I would love to keep him and my gems and bugs, I had to make a decision to lose them and keep the Halliwell's. I'll never regret it either!  ;D The only thing I do regret is losing Jon, and soon Laurel and Betty and even Kelvin and all the rest of them that will die before I get what I want. Sometimes I feel selfish, knowing as I bring them into the household that they will die and I could prevent it, but I don't. I sit and watch them die. Wow, this game has me talking weird, but at least I know I'm where people will understand what I'm going through. I literally did jump a mile when it went to her and there was a stranger standing there. I've had some odd and unusual things happen in sims and not much surprises me, and not only did that surprise me it also shocked me!! Ok, hopefully Showtime will allow us to share more than sims, and I can send you both some money trees lol.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
Sorry, this isn't an update per se. It's just a little note to let you know, Laurel died a few minutes ago.  :'( I'm so bummed I'm not in the mood to post the pictures, but I will when I feel better. Why does it affect me so bad?? You would think I'd be used to it by now.