Author Topic: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!  (Read 84075 times)

loveSims

Re: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2011, 04:39:43 AM »
You consignment store with all the registers are very clever hehe. When you get pets I want pics we get it about three days after you in South Africa. Your IF have nice traits! Mine is hotheaded and evil! ::)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
Thanks loveSims! I will definitely be posting pics of her new cat! However, when I explore the new town I won't be able to post the pics here as they will have nothing to do with the Halliwell's, but I can surely post pics on another thread. Yes she does, I was afraid mine would be bad, but so far other than the scare after the prom, she's perfect! Yikes that must be awful!

Pam met Duncan Bagely at school. He came home with her one day. She did her homework.

I went outside to meet him.

I decided to tutor him!

I'm not sure what gnomes think. After seeing this, I don't think I wanna know!

Unfortunately, my sprinklers have bugged again. I got a nice tip from loveSims on the forums I visit about buying new ones, which I did. It worked for a few days, but now I'm watering them by hand again. Time to sell the old ones and buy new ones! Again.

I built a 20x20 room for all Laurel's masterpieces. I thought the gnomes loved Pam's artwork, check out the crowd in Laurel's room! My wife is so famous, even the gnomes can't help themselves!!

Betty got to the top of the fishing career, so she headed to the bookstore to purchase some books. She bought cooking and handiness.

She then came home and went to her and Jon's room to read. So I guess the room is used for something after all!! First one she's doing is handiness so she can upgrade the food replicators, than she will do cooking. That will also complete her LTW of being a Renaissance sim! Jon is already 89, so I can't count on him being around much longer. I'm gonna miss the guy when he goes.

While Laurel was fixing up her park, she put in some spawners. That's where I caught this blue will-o-the-wisp!  I think there is a pink one, but the only 2 I've seen is green and blue so far.

Last one today is me, talking to my steaks. It's not as weird as Penny talking to herself! At least when I do it, I have a mission in mind. Of course, she might too I have no idea.

Enjoy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
Those gnomes are funny! With pets a you get a whole lot more lol. The pink butterfly ia rare it take long for me to get one. Those sprinkers can be a pain perhaps the sims play to much in them haha!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:53 PM »
Thanks loveSims! Yes they are, I have no clue what they are thinking when they do weird stuff like that!! I have never seen the pink one, so it must be really rare!! Actually, I've only caught him playing in them once or twice, cause I normally keep them busy so they don't do that!

I placed Anushka's Garden near my home. But, I have not harvested it. I guess I feel like doing things the hard way, cause I got the oversea plants from buydebug, which means they are normal and I have to work for perfects. Although, I did go and get some money tree seeds, deathflower and omni plant seeds from a chest there. I didn't plant the omnis though. I am on the last opportunity to be able to get my own, and I don't want to ruin the sense of accomplishment I will feel when it's done. I did however plant 10 of the money trees. I still need about $16,000 to be level 10 in my career and those will defintely help!

I told you all about Laurel's room I made specifically for her masterpieces right? Well, I was running low on wall space, but than I remembered a trick to putting more than 1 pic on a piece of wall, so I implemented that tonight. Check out all her masterpieces!!

I'm only a 3-star celebrity right now, but that doesn't mean people don't go crazy when they see me. This paparazzi was standing outside the front gate when I got home, and the way she reacted, you would have thought I was Nick Carter!!

Tomorrow is Pam's birthday. She was painting as usual, I really had nothing to do so I hopped online and started talking to someone. See all the gnomes? Lol it's like a gnome invasion or something!!

I caught a pretty rainbow butterfly. Isn't it pretty?

I was at Laurel's park, catching bugs and saw a couple people enjoying the entertainment Laurel added. I showed her these pictures, and she was so happy that she brought joy to their lives!!

Pam got home from school and promptly did her homework. She does realize this is her last day of school and she doesn't have too right? I think, but maybe not!

This is also the last day we will be playing until there is an expansion called Pets is installed. Pam is so excited about that one! She told me she wants a cat for her birthday. So, in precaution of this, we all cleaned out our personal inventories. I wasn't totally clear as to why, but it felt really really important for me to do this, than I remembered! Grams had problems with their inventories after Generations was installed, which inevitably led to them bugging out and becoming unplayable! All I had in mine was the collector helper Agnes sent, and the camera I bought, so they were removed.

All Laurel had in hers was her guitar and painting, the paintings were placed in the treasure chest and the guitar by her easels.

Jon and Betty just had books and paintings in theirs and they were put in chests and a bookcase. Pam only had paintings, her homework and Penny in hers, the paintings went in a chest, homework went on a table and Penny turned into an IF.

Than after all that, we all stopped what we were doing to just hang out together. I was worried about the installation making us stuck or whatever.

Last one tonight is Pam's painting skill. She turns into a young adult in about an hour or so and she has maxed it, maxed her career AND supermaxed painting!!

I'm so proud of my little girl. Don't worry though, just because she's coming of age doesn't mean this is the last you have heard from me. She won't take over until I have become an elder and eaten Ambrosia. That reminds me, I still have to tell her about all this immortality stuff. Well, I still have about 6 days before I'm an elder, maybe a cat will make it easier for her.

Esther's words:
I would never blame Generations normally for a bug.  :D But in this case I will. Generations caused their inventories to mess up and the only solution I could find was traveling. And traveling is what I think caused the bug that made my last dynasty become unplayable, so I took everything out of their inventories, made them stop working plus saved them with the house to the library. I did everything in my power to make sure they would be ok. Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow when I install Pets everything will be ok alright?  ;D

loveSims

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »
That is a lot of masterpieces! I hope everyting goes well with pets. Its good you save them to the bin. Any spouse in mind for Pam? And I'm so jealous all of you in US get pets today! I will get it on Mobday the latest. I don't know how I'm going to wait till then! ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
Yes it is! Thanks, so far everything is fine except I couldn't find the pet store, so I adopted one over the phone. No, not yet. She was still a teen and I don't choose them until they are YA's. Sorry you can't get it til Monday. I've got to upload the pics than I'll show ya some pics! Hopefully it will tide you over!!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
My baby girl is now a young adult. Seems like yesterday Laurel and I welcomed her into the family. They grow so fast.

Penny is also a YA.

Pam went to the mirror and tried out one of the new hairstyles we got from Pets.

It was nice, but she went back to her teen hair.

Normally I don't do a pic for every outfit, but each of these outfits she is wearing came with Pets. Her everyday.

Formal.

Sleepwear. The bottoms is just a pair of old undies, but the shirt is new.

And Athletic.

Nothing new in swimming. There was a stray cat at our fence! So I went out and brushed it.

We couldn't find the pet store for Pam to get one, so she called to adopt one over the phone.

While she was waiting for her new cat, an ice cream truck pulled up. She couldn't resist getting a freezer bunny popsicle. It cost $25 and gave her a moodlet called yummy goodness. It was +18 for 2 hours.

When her new kitty came, she picked her up.

This is Precious Halliwell.

She may look odd, but Pam loves her very much.

I hope you enjoy these pics!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
I just found out my graphic card is incompatible with Pets. That explains why Precious looks so odd, but at least the game is playable. I'll take weird looking pets over bugged game any day of the week!!  ;D

loveSims

« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »
I'm sorry about the card! Wich one have you? The clothes look nice thanks for the pics! You're such a sweet girl! I hope to get pets friday when it come out here. Pam is pretty and as long as the kitty is playable  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »
Thanks loveSims. I have the Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. And what I learned with the installation of Generations is if I could play with messed up inventories, which I tried to fix and failed lol, I can definitely play with odd-looking animals!  ;D You're welcome! You're a sweet girl too! Hopefully you get it soon!! I haven't played much, but from what I did play, it's awesome. I've also created a new file in the new town, so I might not be updating the Halliwell's that much, but I'll still be playing! By the way, the cats aren't the only odd-looking ones. You should see my horse hahaha.

loveSims

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
My local shop said tomorrow or friday. There is more cards that don't work, so I believe they will fix it. Enjoy your game and I hope you get a unicorn soon ;D

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
Wow I missed so much Esther! I didn't get an email saying replies were posted on your story, sorry about that! and then of course when i'm almost done reading, I get the email. Doi! :P
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2011, 08:04:05 PM »
Yay so you will get it very soon! Right here is a post on the main forums saying it's not a graphic card issue and they are working on it, so hopefully soon I can see what pets are supposed to look like lol. I am, and me too! I haven't spotted one yet but I'm on the look-out!  ;D  Thanks and it's ok Simlish!  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2011, 01:29:46 AM »
First thing Pam did after adopting Precious, hey I just noticed something. Another P name.  Hehe not intentional. Anyways, she bought her some new stuff. She put it on her side of the fence, so she can paint and still be with her.

In fact, Precious likes standing there and watching her paint. One of Precious's traits is Noisy. And let me tell you, she lives up to that!! I hear her meowing from clear across the yard!!

I knew I had to tell Pam about the immortality stuff. I think she knows something is up, but she doesn't know for sure, so I invited her to the bistro.

I can't remember for sure what I ordered, but I remember Pam's choice clear as day. Chicken pet food. What?!?! She isn't a chicken or a pet lol. Well, she enjoyed it, but I really don't think that would have been good. Anyways, I got done first so I stood up, took a deep breath and told her everything.

How my grams started a Dynasty, how I was surfing the web one day and found it, how I decided to start one. She asked alot of questions that she had hinted at before. I couldn't answer them then, but I did now. I told her that I love her mom very much, and it was going to about kill me when she dies, but if my grams could take losing her husband, I think I could too. I explained that Betty and Jon would also die, but her and I would live forever. She asked what her part in this was. I told her she has already completed alot of her requirements, almost the only thing left is getting married and having a child. She cried then and said she didn't think she had it in her to watch her husband die. I told her I have total faith in her, and I knew she could do it. I also told her not to make the same mistake I did. Tell him before the wedding, not after. I was lucky finding such an understanding, amazing woman like her mom. But I couldn't know for sure if she would be as lucky as I was. She wiped her eyes and got up and sadly asked if we could go home. The drive home was silent. I could see the tears she was trying to bravely hold back. When we pulled up at home, I got out and walked to the gate. She walked up behind me and said "Daddy." I turned around, and she threw her arms around me, and said if I could make these kind of sacrifices, she could too.

First thing she did after we got home was go straight to her mom. Laurel smiled sadly as she listened to her. She told her that she loved us so much, she would have done it even if I would have told her before the wedding. Pam started crying than. She told her she didn't want to lose her mom, and it was so hard even thinking about life without her, even a grown woman needs her mommy. Laurel patted her hand and told her she would always be there for her. Whenever she needs too, just talk to her she will be listening. Pam said that wouldn't work. She would need to see her. Laurel reminded her of the pictures and paintings collected over the years. Finally, Pam grabbed her mom and just stood there, holding her. As if needing to remember what she felt and smelled like. She said she was afraid in time she would forget. Laurel said "Pam, after years without me, you may forget the sound of my voice, you may forget what I smell like. There's even a chance you might forget what I look like. But I need you to remember just one thing. How much I love you and your father. I have sacrificed so much for you and him, and given the chance to do it over, I would still say yes to him, and I will never regret having you. Never forget that I love you."

Jon is going to be the first to go. I just know it. Right now he is 91 years old. I asked him to make nectar. You know, the good stuff!!

I bought a nectar rack and put it in his room. The 3 bottles he made were with these stats: Week 6:Perfect: worth $186 a bottle.

Betty hit level 10 in handiness, so she started upgrading the food replicators Jon had bought.

Last one of the night, sorry for the tear-jerker so I have a hilarious picture to show. As Pam and I were leaving the bistro to go home, we saw this.

New way to drive perhaps? ;D

Esther's words:
The cat was named after my first cat that ran away a couple years ago. I got her when she was like 3-4 weeks old, and I was holding her and said awww you're so precious!! So that became her name! I didn't even realize it was a P name until I was writing this update lol. Also, I apologize for the sappiness of tonight's update, but my own mom died 10-26-2002 so when it comes around to that time of year, I get emotional about it. That's why I put the last pic where I did. Lighten the mood! Hahaha.

loveSims

« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:45 AM »
Sweet update Esther. One of my sons are your age I got 5 kids. Sims eating pet food lol! That sim in the pic is going to have a headache :P