Author Topic: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!  (Read 84106 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Halliwell Dynasty 5. Practice makes perfect!
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »
Thanks loveSims and Rica! No, it's definitely not easy. I had never supermaxed it either. The most I had gotten was the one that lets you get the heart shape cut, the one that lets you get more ingots and one of the rock ones. Yes we do! Thank goodness that Generations didn't mess it up! Now, I can't keep teddies around haha. I guess the first one was like letting them know they can do that, now when I put a teddy down, it's a gnome before the next day! I don't know why it took so long to do the first one, but now it's over.  ;D Yes she is. Whether you name them before or after, they still get "The Dark" after their name! I clicked on Teddy 1 and it said "Teddy 1 The Dark!" Thank you guys for reading!  :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:49 PM »
Laurel paints Pam's portrait.

And Jon's as well!

Betty is still catching deathfish! Soon, I think I'm going to ask her to start painting. As you can tell, I'm not worrying about sculptures right now.

Jon went back to painting after his birthday.

He is Level 9 in his career right now, so when he goes back to work and gets the last promotion, I think I'm going to let him decide whether he retires or switches to a painting career. I also changed his LTW. It was to max guitar and charisma, but with the need for the fridge and paintings, I knew he wasn't going to get it, so I traded it for something I knew he would get. Now his goal is to be level 10 in the culinary career and one more promotion will get it for him! While Pam was painting, I carefully took Penny out of her inventory, and placed the doll on the ground. Check it out!

Now she is a real uh imaginary friend? Haha. I know I'm not supposed to know, and it's really funny that I can't see Penny except when Pam is selected, but a father knows everything.  :D Pam found out that Penny is a heavy sleeper and eco-friendly! Here they are talking, Pam is telling Penny she loves painting, and Penny is telling Pam what a beautiful lot we live on!

Here is Jon's museum. It is completed now!

Here is Pam's. It's just getting started lol.

I had read about IF's being annoying and interrupting the owner while they were doing what needed to be done, so I was a little worried. But not Penny. She just stands there and watches Pam paint!

That's it for now! Enjoy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
Aww, Penny is a good IF. Mine just want to pillow fight all the time.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

loveSims

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2011, 07:59:41 AM »
Great update Esther! I'm glad you got a good IF mine is not to bad she just follow the owner to the bathroom and then my poor sim has a accident haha! I don't like to leave them in the inventory, when they appaear on the sidewalk in sim form I feel sorry for them ::)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
Thanks Sophie and loveSims! Yes, she is good. The only time she asks to pillow fight is when Pam gets home from school, right after she finishes her homework if I haven't told Pam to do something else. She is really good! I'll admit, the imaginary friends thread had me kinda freaked out, I usually turn them real ASAP, but so far, she's awesome! I don't feel sorry for them, I think it's cool. Especially in this one where she will never get turned real, at least I get to know what she would look like if she was real! Penny was a pretty kid, and a pretty teen. She also didn't have the standard IF blue/purple hair like normal, she is a blond!  :o

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
Jon went to work, he knew it was his last day. See how proud he looks? Even though his eyes look a little creepy lol.

Pam got on the honor roll! Only her second day of school! I'm so proud! Another thing I'm proud of, she painted her first brilliant piece at level 6 and a half! It was worth $78!

All the gnomes congregated around the teddies. Creepy and funny at the same time!

Jon got out of work, after being set on fire and put out by garlic sauce of course. He completed his LTW! Plus got the special fridge!

He waited until almost time for his next shift, than retired. I think he will go down tomorrow and join the painters career. After all, workaholics don't like not working!

Laurel and I have the same birthday. Don't know how it happened, it just did. So, we decided to spend some quality time together before we hit adulthood.

Than the sparkles overcame her first. Happy birthday, my love.

Than of course, it was my turn. I felt rather sparkly! Happy birthday to me!

Neither one of us look any different. Laurel tried to paint my pic but got the painting glitch, so we will try again tomorrow. Enjoy. I can't believe I'm a full-fledged adult now!! Thankfully neither one of us had a mid-life crisis either!

Esther's words:
I know I just posted one yesterday, but I was starting to worry about something. In my game, she's a teenager. And normally I ask you guys to vote on the spouses, and it would be extremely weird to ask you guys to vote on one if in the story she was still a child, so I'm trying to get caught up. You guys don't mind do ya?  ;D

loveSims

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2011, 04:20:11 PM »
If you update twice a day I will be happy lol! Wow the poor teddies haha! That pic of them aging up together is so cool, how did you do that? Congrats on the fridge. What happen with the painting bug?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Lol thanks loveSims! I didn't, the game gave them the same birthday, but I did make them stay close to each other until they aged up. Thanks, now my food will never go bad!! The painting glitch is when you try to paint a portrait, and it's totally black. The only thing that helps is closing the game and restarting it.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »
Check out all my life fruits! My garden is doing so well!

Here is my beautiful wife's museum.

And mine of course. Funny thing, if you look on the left, the first pic my Laurel took of me, a gnome got in the way! Haha.

A thing I don't understand and maybe you guys can help me with it, I have sprinklers for my garden, of course. They are also on at all times. So why do I need to water my plants with a watering can?? I don't know why I do it, I just do. And it's not just that one. I water alot of them the old-fashioned way!

Mine and Laurel's reputation says none even though we have been together faithfully for over 20 days, so I asked her out on a date. We went to the theater and toured it as it was too late to watch a movie. We kissed outside and we had a wonderful time. We also gazed at the stars. It was so romantic! Uh we also woohooed backstage! ;D

Jon decided to go down and register to become a painter. I didn't tell him too, he wanted to.

I'm still working on logic. I'm level 9 and have found 9 out of 10 potions. The one I'm missing is the one that interests me the most. Got to think about the future right?

That's it for this time. I'm going to go work on my skills.

Esther's words:
Figured you all wouldn't mind another one haha. I'm getting ready to play, and I know logically I could play another file, but I also know logically I probably won't lol. So I need to get caught up!  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2011, 05:28:51 AM »
I have now supermaxed collecting!! This is an awesome day. Now there is no butterfly, beetle or rock I can't find.

I brought home another teddy bear. Put it down, checked on it a few hours later and it was already a gnome! It's name is Teddy 7.

Pam had Penny in her inventory while she was painting. I noticed a kid just standing on the sidewalk infront of the fence. So I checked it out, and the kids name is Penny Halliwell. So I suppose this is what Penny would look like if she was turned real. Cute kid!

I had been playing around in edit town, and noticed a lot named never travel again! So I plopped it down near my house. *NOTE* I am not going for HoF, so basically I can do whatever I want. But if you are going for HoF, Edit Town is off-limits except for a few building as listed in the rules. Jon went over there to check the bookshelf out, and found the Ambrosia recipe! And he read it.

Than he came home and started making it.

Than he bought a food replicator with his lifetime happiness points, and stored it. Also, since we don't have anyone in the house with any handiness skill, he bought 6 more. (With buydebug turned on, you can use the eyedropper on this AND the special fridge!)

Then he finished cooking it. He's proud of himself and so am I. At least now it's made!

Last one tonight, the first money tree I planted reached perfect status, so it gave me a seed! Which I planted of course lol.

I am doing amazingly on my requirements!

Esther's words:
Ok, I'm going out of town in a few hours and won't be back until tomorrow. So last one til then lol.

loveSims

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2011, 05:57:22 AM »
Congrats on max the collecting! The If is too cute she jyst look so lonely lol. The sprinklers can get bugged just sell them! Look foward to next update ;D

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
Thanks loveSims! I just noticed on the update, I said Simlish instead of loveSims.
;D :P
Lol well you have been busy since I last read this! Nice updates so far! ;D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

loveSims

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:14 AM »
Esther if you nust use the globel resetsim * or want to reset the IF make sure it is in the owners invetory. They don't disappear then. I forget about it on the other thread lol!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Thanks loveSims and Simlish! Ok, buying new sprinklers! And I haven't updated since I installed Generations, so if I have to reset her, I will save right before just in case.  ;D

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
For some reason I don't know, the gnomes love to go places at the same time. Here, they show appreciation for Pam's art work.

Our reputation still says none, so I ask Laurel out on another date. This time, we ate at the bistro. The meal was delicious, and the company was even better!

After a great meal, it was still early so we went and caught a movie. After the movie, we were flirting outside and the paparazzi took a picture of it, so hopefully our rep will improve.

Pam has been on the honor roll since the second day in school. Today is her last day as a child, so why she does her homework, I'll never know but she does it anyways.

She also reached level 10 of the painting skill on her last day as a kid. She is doing so awesome!

Time for another birthday. I love my daughter so much! I'd like to wish her a very happy birthday!!

She than went down to City Hall and registered as a painter.

That's it for this time. Next time, how many levels will Pam advance on her first day?