Author Topic: Length of Pregnancy in Hours?  (Read 4732 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Length of Pregnancy in Hours?
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Hi, forumers. I have a question that I need to be answered so that I can accordingly plan events in one of my games.

I wanted to know:

How long is a normal Sim pregnancy in hours? Is it always exact, or does it vary?

By the way, I want to know how long it takes from the time the Sim spins into maternity wear.

Thanks very much in advance. :)
Check out my new story here!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Length of Pregnancy in Hours?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
Hi, forumers. I have a question that I need to be answered so that I can accordingly plan events in one of my games.

I wanted to know:

How long is a normal Sim pregnancy in hours? Is it always exact, or does it vary?

By the way, I want to know how long it takes from the time the Sim spins into maternity wear.

Thanks very much in advance. :)

I believe it is 72 hours - 3 trimesters, each lasting 24 hours.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »
I think Seabody is right.  I've always counted it at three days total, 2 days from spinning.  She always has the baby at the same time of day that she got pregnant, which is helpful because you can plan when she'll be rested and fed before going into labor so that she's not so miserable afterward.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:34:22 PM »
I think Seabody is right.  I've always counted it at three days total, 2 days from spinning.  She always has the baby at the same time of day that she got pregnant, which is helpful because you can plan when she'll be rested and fed before going into labor so that she's not so miserable afterward.
So thats why my sims always go into labor at 9-10 at night and don't get home til 3 in the morning. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm writing "Seasons of Change" and want to know when the baby is coming so I can plan the wedding accordingly. I want Eliot and Meg to be married before the baby arrives. :)

I'm off to go Simming! ~closes the internet and opens the Sims~ ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 03:21:57 AM »
So thats why my sims always go into labor at 9-10 at night and don't get home til 3 in the morning. I'll have to keep that in mind.

I don't even send mine to the hospital anymore.  I cancel any of those actions and let the mother give birth at home.  It's not a big deal at all and she starts with a nice nearly full relationship bar with the baby when it's born at home.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 03:50:04 AM »
I agree. I prefer to birth the babies at home, but....

Let's just say something really funny happened in the story. I haven't written about it yet, but check the thread later today (Sunday) and you might get a laugh from one of the upcoming pics. ;)

EDIT: You can thank my insomnia for it being done so quickly. ~laughs~

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »
I don't even send mine to the hospital anymore.  I cancel any of those actions and let the mother give birth at home.  It's not a big deal at all and she starts with a nice nearly full relationship bar with the baby when it's born at home.

I wasn't aware having the kid at home would improve the relationship. Does it improve it with the father also?

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 05:23:35 AM »
It definitely does with the mother. Where when you have them at the hospital with hardly any relationship, they are usually good friends from birth when born at home.

In my experience, I have never seen the father's relationship improved. :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 05:26:38 AM »
The only way my father started off in friendship with the baby was because he had maxed the charisma skill (also the mother). One thing that does help the father's relationship is if he often "rubs belly", "talks to belly", etc.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 05:28:15 AM »
I did not know that. I guess we both learned new things about Sims' pregnancy and birth today. ;)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:30 AM »
The only problem was he often interrupted the mother from doing things, because he always had the wish to "talk to belly". And this was a man with committment issues!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »
Ooh, I surely didn't know that "belly" interactions will increase the nooboo's relationship with the father, but I did know the home birth "bonus" part. And yes, pregnancies do last three days usually. The first day is filled with throwing up. Some Sims vomit much and frequently, others... not so much. :P
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
My tip if you don't like the baby stage is to have the couple try for baby at around 4pm that way three days later by the time the baby is born at around 10pm you only have two hours for the babies first day. You have to be careful though if you try too late the baby will be born in the early hours of the morning.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »
My tip if you don't like the baby stage is to have the couple try for baby at around 4pm that way three days later by the time the baby is born at around 10pm you only have two hours for the babies first day. You have to be careful though if you try too late the baby will be born in the early hours of the morning.

Rachel

Yes, that's correct, and works for birthdays too. I.e., have your toddler blow up the candles at 8PM, and soon after they will be one day older (though it technically is 4 hours older, lol).
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa