Author Topic: Seasons of Change - Four Haikus  (Read 25518 times)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
Re: Seasons of Change - Special Building Requests Status Update
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
Why hello! ;D I love it! I love Terra'snew look!

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
Thanks for reading and commenting, Sportsfan and Ann.

@Sportsfan:
I hope you enjoy the plot twists I use to include both houses. :)

@AnnBeiFong:
I am happy you mentioned this. I love Terra's styling, as well. The hair is my favorite little toddler girl hair, by far. I am addicted to putting the checkered shoes on my toddlers.  :o You didn't get to see formalwear or sleepwear, but they are also very appealing, at least to me.

EDIT: I have made the decision to turn my so-called SPOILER into a full update, so no one need avoid the thread anymore. ;)
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
EDIT: I have made the decision to turn my so-called SPOILER into a full update, so no one need avoid the thread anymore. ;)

Good! Because I don't ever want to avoid this thread. Keep it coming. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
What a lovely update! I would never have guessed you even had the slightest head ache there! :D Can't wait for the full spoiler/update! :D

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »
Once again, thanks for reading and commenting, Moons and Fez. If I sound like a broken record, forgive me, but I must say it.

@MoonsAreBlue:
That's a great, ummmm, wish to have to not avoid my story? ;) I take that as an enormous super-sized compliment.

@xFezIsAFreakx:
Thanks for the words of encouragement. So I fooled you about the headache? ;) Just kidding; I really did have one. You won't have to wait for the revealing update for long: once again, I expect it to be written before midnight.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
Author's note: I expect some of you might be disappointed as I only have time to write a small update before I must leave for the night. I apologize if this happens. :-\ I hope the happy surprise(s) at the end will make up for it.

Week Two, Evening of Day One - Three Miracles

Meg walked to the garden for a few moments to pick apples off of the fruit tree. Ever since the beginning of her second pregnancy, Meg craved anything prepared with apples: apple pancakes, apple cobbler, apple stu surprise, and so on. She regretted that she hadn't learned the recipe for cobbler yet, as this is what she craved at the moment. The mother of one toddler settled on apple pancakes with apple butter in place of the pastry she wanted but couldn't cook yet.

Just as she turned to to set her plate on the kitchen table, Meg doubled over in pain. She dropped her pancake plate as stomach cramps radiated from her belly. She knew that this wasn't a good sign during pregnancy, so her eyes filled will sorrow and tears. The logical young woman called Dr. Langraab, the doctor who had broken the baby-to-be news to her, and asked him what to do. He urged her to get to the hospital quickly in order to make sure nothing was wrong with the baby.

Meg did just as he suggested, leaving immediately and hurrying to hail a cab. Eliot was left to tend to Terra, who was irritable and teething. She urged the driver to go as fast as he could as her pain worsened. She speed-walked into the maternity wing and asked to be examined. As soon as she mentioned Geoffrey Landgraab's name, nurse Morgana Wolff began standard procedure.

She examined Meg thoroughly, and the Bedpan Cleaner also performed an ultrasound. She monitored the hearbeat of the baby with a special device, and as soon as she examined the ultrasound screen, she told Meg that she would consult with the doctor immediately.

As Meg wept with worry, Dr. Landgraab entered the examination room. He pleasantly reported to Meg,

"I am positive that your baby is in good health and progressing normally, so to speak...

I believe that the pains you are experiencing were just a false alarm. The body sometimes mistakes different events as a signal to go into labor. With the medicine we prescribed you, the cramps will subside soon.

Even so, I have to tell you something about the pregnancy, and I am not sure exactly how to go about saying this, but...

Meg Wolff, this time around you are expecting three babies. Triplets."

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: Seasons of Change - Three Miracles
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2011, 04:44:49 AM »
Triplets ?!  :o

What a handful. Nice story so far  ;D Keep up the good work, and I love your writing hehe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2011, 06:12:20 AM »
Thank you, WickedSimmer87! I believe this is the first time I have seen you comment, so...

I was just wondering, have you read from the start, or is this the first entry you have read? Just curious. :) Mostly because I appreciate members following my story and enjoying it. :D

Yes, there are triplets on the way. :D More to come today, hopefully with screenshots.

Thanks for such great compliments, Wicked. I appreciate your encouragement so much.

P.S. - I have received Kiko's house. I can't wait for you all to see it. I think it will probably make it's first appearance in the update after the next one. Stay tuned... Because the house is incredible! Thanks, kiko94!

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »
At your service  ;D
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
Triplets! Oh, wow! I cannot wait for the next update now: I'm on the edge of my seat! :D

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
A Look Inside (Commentary)

Triplets... I can't guarantee it FOR CERTAIN, but it's most likely.

A bit of commentary, not really an update, but still some more information:

Both Eliot and Meg have been given the fertility treatment (LTR) by me. I couldn't figure out a way to tastefully work that into the storyline, but it is true that I purchased it for the two of them (because I planned triplets to happen; stay tuned to learn why) ;). Meg has also been listening to children's radio and watching cartoons with Terra.

One of my friends on the forum knows many of my plans for this story. Pssst... For the member who does know: don't tell, even if someone begs for info. His/her reaction was, "Firstly, that is a awesome plot with a lot of depth!  I like it, to say the least. And my lips are sealed." He/she also mentioned, "Ooh, spoilers! I love spoilers (or not quite spoilers).  I am the person who reads the back of the book first and still thoroughly enjoys it, so feel free to bounce any ideas off of me that you want." I am using him/her as a test audience, sort of, so that I can get the ideas flowing and make a better plot. :D

For anyone who wants to know, expect some kind of update (with screenshots) by midnight US Central Time. I wanted to tell you that this one will not be about the births of the babies just yet. Want to know what it is about??

I guess you'll just have to read it to find out. ;)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: Seasons of Change - A Look Inside (Commentary)
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2011, 11:48:05 AM »
I just started reading this, and I'm really enjoying it so far!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Seasons of Change - A Look Inside (Commentary)
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
I just started reading this, and I'm really enjoying it so far!
I am so flattered that a fellow author would say that, Cathy. :D

EDIT: I know that I said an update would be posted today, but I regret to inform everyone that it might have to be postponed until later, possibly the weekend. I have so much to do with college starting back, including getting my financial aid crisis appealed ( :'( ), but an update will be posted sometime between now and Sunday. I'll be sure to make it worth the wait, and I think it will be a three-part update which I will post all at the same time, if you all would like. So, I apologize. :-\ I hope you all aren't too disappointed. Please forgive me?  :-[

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Seasons of Change - URGENT: See Author's Comment
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
EDIT: I know that I said an update would be posted today, but I regret to inform everyone that it might have to be postponed until later, possibly the weekend. I have so much to do with college starting back, including getting my financial aid crisis appealed ( :'( ), but an update will be posted sometime between now and Sunday. I'll be sure to make it worth the wait, and I think it will be a three-part update which I will post all at the same time, if you all would like. So, I apologize. :-\ I hope you all aren't too disappointed. Please forgive me?  :-[

We understand. It's hard to balance both work and stories and simming for the stories and everything else in our lives! You've been doing brilliantly, so no need to apologize! :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Seasons of Change - URGENT: See Author's Comment
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
Absolutely no need to be embarrassed or something, Elizabeth. We all understand, I'm sure. Waiting for the update, and best of luck with everything. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything