Author Topic: Seasons of Change - Four Haikus  (Read 25508 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Seasons of Change - Important Author's Announcement
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »
Your story is very well written enough to make me forget that they are Sims,if that made any sense. It made me laugh to see the name Elliot Wolff as the Wolffs have a son in my decadynasty called Elliot.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »
Rachel, gracias amigo! That's Spanish for thank you friend. :D

Your comment did make sense. It was similar to what loveSims just said.

Really? I'll have to read about Elliot sometime. ;)
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
QUICK UPDATE:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say that a new entry is being written (as I write this).

I would expect it to be released in the next 6 hours or so. :o The writing process is just long for me, especially with the way I write.

Thanks again to everyone who reads but doesn't comment. Special thanks to those who have left me messages. You guys are nothing short of like family to me. At least, you are considered close friends now.

:,) MissP (Elizabeth)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
Awaiting the update! :D And don't worry about how long you take to write, I reckon we'd all forgive you if you took a whole week to write, the story is that good! :P

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »
With the headache I have now, it might take longer.  :-\ Not a week, but maybe later at night.

the story is that good! :P

Oh? Thanks!

I am eager to get the story up, so perhaps my mind will cooperate and I'll expidite the writing process. :D

TheDarkPlumbob

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »
With the headache I have now, it might take longer.  :-\ Not a week, but maybe later at night.

Oh? Thanks!

I am eager to get the story up, so perhaps my mind will cooperate and I'll expidite the writing process. :D
It's good that you're eager to put the chapter up. You seem to be writing us a pretty good story, so I hope you can shake that headache off soon!

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
Thank you, fellow PlumbBob member. ;)

The debut of Week 1, Day 7 to Week 2, Day 2 - Terrible Twos Toddler 'Terra' (such a tongue-twister) will, for sure, happen before midnight central time. Sorry for the rain, or rather headache, delay. The plot might not twist like my tongue did, but I hope any readers still enjoy it.

I mainly made this post to celebrate 500 views and 50 replies to the original post. :D

Signed,
Meagan Elizabeth :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
Meagan, I hope the headache delay eases up and doesn't give you anymore trouble.  ;)  I am looking forward to the next chapter and seeing how cute toddler Terra will be.  And congrats on the 500 views! :D

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
You have a great story going here, lots of interesting twists and turns! Plus the occasional cliffhanger to keep the readers anxious for more.

Don't worry too much about not having as many views as some of the older stories, it takes time to build up a loyal following of readers, but with such excellent work, you're well on your way.

The few pictures you added are really wonderful, and the story based writing can really capture the imagination. Great work!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 02:02:15 AM »
Author's note: an hour later than expected, but it's written, at least. ;) Wouldn't want you guys trying to read my notebook out of curiousity or desire for the update, or the story would be SOOO spoiled.

Week One, Day Seven to Week Two, Day One - NOT-So-Terrible Twos Toddler 'Terra'

After the last wedding guest had said goodbye, Meg turned her attention to Terra. She had been crying for 30 minutes straight, and the tiring day had taken it's toll on Meg. Not to mention, the new mother smelled like week-old leftovers, which she could thank her labor experience for.

Meg fretted as she considered what she had read in Totally Preggers until a lightbulb flicked on above her head. She snuggled Terra, holding her tightly. The infant sniffled as Meg smiled and stared at her face one more time before tucking her in the crib she put together after that unspeakable bachelor party. She pocketed their new mobile baby monitor before joining Eliot in the house's only back bedroom.

Meg awoke to Eliot nudging her arm.

"Love, what should I do? Terra won't stop crying, even though I've fed her and changed her diaper."

"Just snuggle her and then put her back in the crib. It worked earlier," Meg mumbled sleepily, closing her eyes and returning to Dreamland as quickly as she had awoken.

The next time Meg left Dreamland, she arose to the bright sun blinding her through the window. She worried once again, wondering how long she had slept.

Meg rushed to the front of the trailer, where she was pleasantly surprised to find Eliot cradling Terra while lounging on the familiar living room chair. Terra giggled for the first time when she saw her mother gawking at the scene.

"My sweet babies," Meg gushed as she kissed them both on the foreheads.

"Love," Meg hesitated, motioning to the door, "I read in the newspaper last night that Amateur Olympics were being held today. Do you mind if I go participate? I'll be back as soon as I walk off the field, if you don't care one way or the other."

Eliot paused, as he had forgotten Meg used to play soccer in high school. He wasn't fond of the idea of caring for his newborn by himself, but he knew he would have to sooner or later. Better sooner, he reasoned. He put on a brave front and answered pleasantly,

"Of course I'll watch Terra for you. Don't rush; just enjoy the friendly competition."

THREE HOURS LATER:

Eliot finished with Terra's afternoon feeding when Meg opened the front door. He noticed she was beaming from ear to ear, so he mused,

"Well! Someone's sure happy! Your team must've won; am I right?" Eliot raised his eyebrows and waited for a reply.

"Even better, love. Before the game, we had to take a urine test as a part of a drug screening. New policy or something. Anywho, right as we were about to play, the sports medicine consulting doctor got the coach to call me off the field. The doc told me to sit down on the bench so he could give me some big news...

Though I am only in my first trimester, I am pregnant again!! At least, that's what Dr. Landgraab says."

Eliot had just put Terra down. Good thing, because he nearly fainted at the announcement. The new father hadn't even gotten the hang of caring for Terra; now, did he really have another baby on the way??

"By the way, my team (the Llamas) did beat the Mustangs 3-0."

A new week came around with the arrival of Sunday morning, the day of Terra's second birthday.

Author's note: Did you know Sim years are shorter than human ones?

As Terra grew up before their very eyes, her parents noted that her hair and eye color had changed since birth. Terra's hair lightened to Meg's shade, while her eyes deepened to Eliot's dark hue. The couple was still pleased that she resembled them both.

During the small family party (attended by Eliot and Meg's parents plus Maddie and Layton), Terra acted all cute, as toddlers usually do. Her little idiosyncrasies entertained the whole crowd. The proud, happy duo's set of more experienced husband/wife parenting teams actually contacted each other and planned to purchase different gifts. Cheri and William, Eliot's mum and pop, gave the couple a wonderfully needed new stroller, so Angie and Tobis (Meg's mom and dad) got them two chairs: a pink potty chair and a big girl high-chair. Maddie and Layton brought their niece several handwritten and neatly illustrated books appropriate for a toddler that they had collaborated on. Eliot and Meg thanked their entire clan for the wonderful experience before the extended family had to split. Three hands waved as the cars drove off: Terra's fraternal grandparents to Riverview and her maternal pair (plus aunt and uncle) to Twinbrook...

Author's note: The Majira family presented the Wolff (older) couple with a white lily-of-the-valley plant in remembrance of the daughter they lost 25 years earlier to the day (the adopted sister of Eliot, both from Guatemala, who was named 'Randi').

The next day greeted the little family with a fresh SPRING rain. All of them journeyed to the front yard to wonder in amazement at the works of their holy Creator. The wet laundry hung on the clothesline, the garden flourished with its vitamin-rich produce, and the loving daughter of Eliot and Meg splashed in the puddles pooling around them. Just as they were about to go dry off inside, the sun made a clever reappearance.

"Miss me?" roared the sun, accompanied with a loud belly laugh...

Out of the blue, Eliot grabbed Meg and leaned her over, just like in romantic novels and films. He smooched with her for what seemed like forever, especially to Terra, who squealed like she thought it was humorously gross.

SPRING had sprung for the family, but three seasons still remained....... What awaited them next? Only (S)He knew that.

P.S. - I realize now that this one was really long. Still, I hope you liked it. It was my favorite to play and write (so far). I obviously decided against the first-person POV, though it might make an appearance later. To answer any curiousities about it: no, I am not a mother, I just use sugary sweet descriptions. Thank you, Lynley and Juxt, by the way.

TheDarkPlumbob

Re: Seasons of Change - NOT-So-Terrible Twos Toddler 'Terra'
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2011, 04:51:59 AM »
That was still a good update regarding the fact you had a headache. Good job!  :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2011, 05:22:35 AM »
Incredible update, Elizabeth! Don't worry about the length, I read it all, it was superb. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:31 AM »
No seriously ? I try to build you a house and post like 4,5,6 updates or something? I can't build and read at the same time you know  ;D
P.S : Keep checking your inbox, I'm uploading some stuff  ::)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 06:55:24 AM »
Yes, seriously. I'm on fire with the desire to update this project of mine. Did that rhyme? ;)

First of all, thank you Chronic and TheDarkPlumbob for assuring me that my headache did not really affect the quality of my work. That's what I was shooting for, so you really helped me out by posting those kind words.

Special mentions go to kiko94 and Lynley1248, builders who have uploaded great houses on the swap shop. I am posting their usernames because they are each constructing a house to be featured in the story. I have figured out a way to grant the Wolffs roughly 1,000,000 simoleons. I also came up with a plot point so that I can utilize both houses without having to choose between the two. :) I didn't want either person's work to go unappreciated (by you readers), though I know they are mature and understanding enough to handle it if I was forced to pick between them. Since Kiko is nearing the end of construction, I wanted to announce that his home will make an appearance first. This will give Lynley adequate time to finish hers without feeling rushed.

Thank you again to all readers; even if you have read this from the beginning and never posted, I would still appreciate your interest. I cannot stress this enough.

SPOILER ALERT:

If you want the story to be a complete knock-your-socks-off experience for the next update, please leave this page immediately. I will soon be posting a short clue/hint about Meg's second pregnancy. :o

EDIT: See next post by me. No hint, just another update tonight.

Sportsfan

Re: Seasons of Change - Special Building Requests Status Update
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
Nice update! I can't wait to see how you use both houses.

anything