Author Topic: Seasons of Change - Four Haikus  (Read 25501 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Seasons of Change
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
Aww, welcome, little Terra May! What a beautiful name! :D

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2011, 09:01:45 PM »
Week One, Evening of Day Six - A Family Affair
Part 3 of 3

Meg finally caught her breath and spoke in a small but revealing voice.

"Her name is Terra May. 'Terra' because she was growing when I was toiling in the garden, and 'May' because she was born in the midst of the May flowers," she said very softly.

Eliot took Terra in his arms again and admired the wonderful creation they had been blessed with. The newborn's face seemed to be a perfect combination of Eliot and Meg's facial features. Terra came into the world with hazel eyes like her mother, black hair like her father, and a skin tone midway between each parent's. When Eliot looked at his daughter, he saw a child who looked a bit like both of them. He hoped that Terra would develop the positive traits that the couple possessed, so she would act similar to each of them as well.

Meg handled the birthing process incredibly well; the doctor signed off on her forms, allowing her to bring home the infant just hours after Terra had been introduced to life outside the womb. Eliot fastened a car seat snugly in the taxi, and Meg buckled up the baby's harnesses. "Time for the real test: can we do this on our own?" asked Eliot, with a frightened but excited tone in his voice. Terra wailed, for she needed a diaper change already; they each made a mental note to find a clothespin for their noses.

New parents Eliot and Meg arrived home to find that the wedding guests, for the most part, had stayed and waited patiently, curious about the new bundle of joy wrapped in a pink swaddler. The couple shared another glance and knew they thought the same about the situation. The guests were present, the cake was baked, and the trellis had been rented. Some wedding invitees who had closer relationships to the couple had even sent gifts in the mail. Eliot and Meg silently agreed to take their vows on this spring evening, the birthday of their precious firstborn.

Fiona and Dorothy, who served as hosts when Meg went into labor, instructed everyone to return to their seats. Meg reluctantly handed Terra over to Dorothy, who sat in the front row holding the baby: Terra would take the role of honorary guest and flower girl. Everyone ceased talking when Eliot and Meg began their vows and ring exchange.

"Meg," spoke Eliot, "today at 3 pm in the afternoon, you gave to me the most important gift I will ever receive: a child of our own. Marriage will not be a walk in the park, but I believe that I have the feelings and committment necessary to make it work. I love you first and foremost, and I always will; my love for Terra can only be surpassed by the place I hold in my heart for you, Sweetea. Please accept this ring as a symbol of the promise I have made you this night: to be faithful to you alone," Brandon stated in a small, faint voice. He pulled a hankerchief out of his breast pocket and tried to wipe away the tears welling in his eyes as Meg began reciting her handwritten promise.

"Eliot," said Meg, "six days ago, we left our lives as single members of society and moved to Sunset Valley together. Though we planned for the future to occur just as we wanted, sometimes life brings you what you need instead of what you want. Having Terra saved our relationship, and I believe she will remind us of our love for each other in the difficult times. Please take this ring as an outward sign of my eternal, undying love for you and our family. May God bless us throughout all of our days," Meg finished her statements and slid the silver band onto Eliot's fourth finger.

The couple held hands. Terra cooed and gurgled, seemingly approving her parents' marriage. At this point, the guests in attendance clapped and stood up. They "ooohed" and "ahhhed" as the ceremony drew to a close.

Eliot kissed Meg passionately as heart-shaped rose petals rained down upon them. Everyone cheered and tossed rice as a fertility blessing on the newlyweds. The pair grinned and giggled, knowing they didn't need any help in that area of their relationship.

Meg's new husband cut into the cake and served the guests, while she held Terra close to her chest and fed her a bottle. Life with a new baby would take getting used to, but Meg knew tonight that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she had always been destined for motherhood. She considered the fact that another pregnancy could possibly follow soon, but she pushed that thought aside for another day and focused on Terra's care for the time being. Eliot mentioned to Meg as the guests departed,

"Ilyamenie, mela."

Meg blushed shyly and kissed his forehead, as she knew exactly what he had said. On this night, one chapter closed in their lives while a brand new book opened. The writer of the story of their lives had only just put pen to paper. <3
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will continue working on the story until Friday, which is when I return to my college studies. After that, I will play things by ear and give you guys a heads-up about the scheduled updates. I am considering possibly once a week starting Sunday the 21st. Like I said, until Friday, I will still be playing and writing. Thanks to everyone for reading and for the incredibly kind comments, words, and encouragements. :D

EDIT: Oh, I remembered I wanted to mention to my readers that I play on custom life stage lengths that I've adjusted. It could be said that it is most similar to something between normal and long. The baby stage is only two days, though, so you all will get to see Terra the toddler very soon!

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Seasons of Change - A Family Affair
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »
I read this wonderful story and then you tell me you'll only be working on it until Friday? Jeez! Naw, I'm just playing. I adore this story. You have one of the best writing styles on this forum. You write more like it's a story than as a series of captions (guilty as charged). Anyways, I hope you make some serious progress on this in the next week. I would like to have my fill of your lovely story before your classes start!

Offline Lynley1248

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
Welcome Terra May!  I love the meaning behind it.  

This is an awesome story, Elizabeth, and I'm loving your writing style. I can't wait to see little Terra as a toddler.  I know she will be adorable! :D

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »
Thank you millions, Moons and Lynley!

@MoonsAreBlue:
Though I don't really agree that I have one of the best writing styles on the forum, I do acknowledge, like you did, that it is unique. :) I do hope to make a lot of creative progress this week, if my mom will allow me to write. I am supposed to be learning the Periodic Table of Elements for my chemistry class.  ::) Anyway, just wanted to thank you personally for your very flattering response to my PM. :)

@Lynley1248:
Thank you! I've been enjoying writing this project very, very much. I can't wait to see Terra as a toddler, either, since I haven't even played any since the last update  :o And, I wanted to add, thanks for attempting to build a house for the characters. (Shoutout to kiko94, also, as they are also working on one.) I may find a way to utilize both; I have an idea on how I can do that. :D

@CarlosLordofTacos:
Just wanted to publically thank you for the constructive criticism and compliments on PM. :)

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 11:57:56 PM »
This is great! I saw it after the first post but decided not to comment until after the story actually started and... It seems I'm slightly late. -scratches head- Anywho, I'm reading. I usually comment once and never comment again... Unless I figure my input is absolutely needed. So don't think I'm not reading! Only until Friday?? -faints but wakes back up- PLAY LIKE CRAZY!
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 12:03:01 AM »
Thank you, Alieana!!

Yep, I've been playing like crazy, and will probably only slow down to sleep or when my mother is in the room. ;)

I know what you mean about commenting one time and then just reading. I often do that, unless I think of something nice to say or the member is new. :)

~laughs at your last comment about fainting~ GOING TO GO PLAY!!

P.S. - I forgot to thank Carlos for showing me how to use the fog emitter marker. Praise the Lord! ~cues heavenly choir music~ So my next screenies might have a little weather. ;)

EDIT: I love the quote in your signature.

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 12:37:22 AM »
Yep, I've been playing like crazy, and will probably only slow down to sleep or when my mother is in the room. ;)

That's acceptable. :P

~laughs at your last comment about fainting~ GOING TO GO PLAY!!

GOOD! :D I hope I have a update to read tomorrow!

EDIT: I love the quote in your signature.

Thanks... It's my friend's... Er. Was... Sad thing is I'd probably of never of heard it if she was still alive... But what's in the in past is unchangeable and so we shouldn't dwell too much on it. But always remember what was good and cherish it. And don't feel bad for commenting about it, please!
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 12:55:02 AM »
Beautiful story Elizabeth! Welcome Terra May! I love your style of writing, very unique and wonderful.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:18 AM »
@Alieana4518:
It's very possible that you could have an update to read tomorrow. ;) Or today, it is the wee hours of the morning where I live. I am sorry about your friend and will remember to cherish the good. I don't feel bad about commenting, though. :) These are the things life is made of.

@Esther1981:
Thank you tons! I've come to believe that my writing style really is unique because so many of you forumers have said similar things. :) I am getting a kick out of the fact that people actually LIKE it.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 03:16:16 AM »
This is great!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:12 AM »
Thank you Thomas! I am writing still and am inspired by your quote. I know what color hair and eyes the baby will start out with, but she will be the product of a natural Pregnancy. Forum members have seen this story, which I personally have worked so much on, and enjoy it. ~goes inside house in the game to turn on the radio to the indie station~

EDIT: I also stopped by the consignment shop today. I only bought about the whole store looking for a pink diamond. ;)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: xFezIsAFreakx will be done with MissPlumbBob's Simself soon. Keep an eye out in the swap shop for it. I will post once I see it is done. :)

loveSims

Re: Seasons of Change - Important Author's Announcement
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
I realy like your story you succeed in make the your simmies human for me. Sorry my enlisgh is not very good

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Seasons of Change - Important Author's Announcement
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
@loveSims:
Thanks a lot! Your comment makes me smile and laugh happily. Don't worry, the english was pretty good. Except you mixed up the letters in 'english'. :)

Guys, I plan to have an update today. I will be writing in first person, from Meg's point of view, for this entry. I hope the change is a positive one. :D

anything