Author Topic: The Whole Town Stuck  (Read 8507 times)

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
The Whole Town Stuck
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »
My sim was on a date with her boyfriend and they came out of the theater to see most of the town just standing around, several sims had died due to starvation.  The only thing I knew to do was reset each sim one at a time.  There were about 30 of them just standing around close to starvation.  I have a screenshot, but I'm having a hard time uploading it.  Anybody else ever encounter this?  Was their another easier way to fix it?

Thanks!!

Sportsfan

Re: The Whole Town Stuck
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
Do:  resetsim*

That will fix everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Allie0563

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
I knew there had to be an easier way!!!

Thank you Sportsfan!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:07:18 PM »
Just so you'll know this will reset your sims also. So if they're doing something like at work or school you might want to let them finish first.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:03:36 AM »
Resetsim * is said to cause bugs in the game often, so use it with caution and in small proportions, too.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 06:06:24 AM »
Resetsim * is said to cause bugs in the game often, so use it with caution and in small proportions, too.

Really? I never noticed anything like that happening, I use it almost once a sim week just to make sure nobody is stuck.

EDIT: Ha! This almost mirrors your response to me in the Problem With 'Summon Aquainted' Spell thread!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »
Really? I never noticed anything like that happening, I use it almost once a sim week just to make sure nobody is stuck.

See this post here.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 06:54:10 AM »
See this post here.

Well I move my sims to new save files a lot to keep file size down, so what I do doesn't affect me negatively.

anything