Author Topic: Anybody a idee how to get the last part of the Ultra Lounge set ?  (Read 3794 times)

RaShCl

I was wondering does anybody know if its possible to get the last part of the Ultra Lounge Set (Kitchen/bath) original since its not available in the store anymore.   
Except if i pay 5000 points or 50 Euro to get the complete set. witch is absurd for somebody that already has  all other parts :)   

I also asked this question in a live chat session with  ea but all they did was tell me ask other people they probably have the answer.   

here is the chat session i had with live support.   

Naomi: Hi, my name is Naomi. How may I help you?   

[email protected]: hi i have  a small problem with the ultra lounge sets   

Naomi: ok   

j.p.massaut@xxxxxxxxxx: The problem is i have  bought almost all sets a long while ago but didn't buy the kitchen/bath set and now its not for sale anymore.   
j.p.massaut@xxxxxxxxxx: And it would be a bit unfair to to say ,well buy the  complete set then for 5000 points witch i already have  except the Kitchen/bath set.   
j.p.massaut@xxxxxxxxxx: So is there another way to get that set part.   

Naomi: please wait   

Naomi: I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused, but the question you’ve submitted seems to be related to the mechanics of playing the game. Due to the high volume of contacts we receive, Customer Support is only able to assist with issues related to billing and accounts and of a technical nature, such as error messages, game lock-ups, or game crashes.   

Naomi: Nevertheless, you may be interested in knowing that you can find some gameplay information at  http://www.ea.com/tips/ (As if i haven't tried that already lol)  
Naomi: Alternatively, you may post your question on our official forums so as to get some insight on the issue, from your fellow gamers. Forums: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list.page   

as you can see they simply wimple it off to others.   

Especially things like "seems to be related to the mechanics of playing the game" i never talked about mechanics problems with playing the game.   

And  not to forget "Alternatively, you may post your question on our official forums so as to get some insight on the issue, from your fellow gamers." insight in what ? they cant say anything about it,

I have all my sims 3 stuff Originally i have put a lot of money in the sims store to get my stuff.   

Nobody can give me a answer to that except ea and they say let others resolve it because they don't know the answer.   

So if anybody has any idee how to handle ea let me know.   

I work hard for my money but paying 50 euros for just the bathroom/kitchen set is a bit to much to ask, some more support from ea would be nice.   

Thank you in Advance (Is this better Teacher Pam, Are there less spelling error's in this  post?)  I really did the best i could. :P lol  

/Edited 

The so called 2 different links they gave me end up at the same page Figures, if they only copy paste answers from a standard list in front of them. 
instead of actually finding a solution .

Absolutely nothing about Ultra Lounge except pictures and more pictures of that set. 
From now on they don't get anymore money from me. atleast till they know how to corectly help people that still pay alot of there money to them.

I supported them by buying there original versions of the sims expansions , stuff packs, and store items because i am a strong supporter of game companys. 
And i dont mind paying for extra items in te store (as long as the prices are resonable.) 

And besides how much room would it cost to still keep the old store sets availeble(not much i think)
Especialy since  the old store sets that i have bought are still availeble to download from my acount ,so  cant see why others couldent buy them , they are still availeble.

But seeing the kind of  company EA has become (a selfish bunch of we know whats best for others) its there own fault that they get all that bad publicity. 
And angry people , in the end EA brings it on them selfs if people dont  want to pay uber prices for a few pixels :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Anybody a idee how to get the last part of the Ultra Lounge set ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:43:15 AM »
I understand that you're frustrated with EA, but the last things you said about them are inappropriate for this forum.  Please refrain from calling names.

As for your problems with the Ultra Lounge set, the EA store only keeps items available for purchase for a certain amount of time.  They gave notice on their site that they planned to discontinue certain sets and the Ultra Lounge set was part of the ones to be discontinued.  From what I can tell on the Ultra Lounge page of the EA Store, none of the sets are available anymore.  I'm not sure what you're referring to as the full set for 5,000 SimPoints.  I didn't find anything like that in my search.

Regarding your chat conversation with EA, it looks to me that you contacted the wrong department for your problem, first of all.  And I don't think the representative fully understood what you were trying to say and was unable to direct you to the right place.  However, I don't think you'll be able to get just the pieces that you're missing because all of it has been discontinued.  I'm sorry, but that's just the way it goes with businesses who sell items.  They have the right to discontinue for whatever reasons they feel are important.

Now, regarding the possibility of getting a copy of the items from someone else, this is considered piracy and it's illegal.  We will not allow any discussion of this on our forum.

P.S.  Since you asked about your spelling, I'm afraid your post had many errors.  I'm going to use Spell Check on it and fix some of the errors, as you gave me permission to do.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:27 AM »
I'm not sure what you're referring to as the full set for 5,000 SimPoints.  I didn't find anything like that in my search.

They're making these Compilations now.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:35 AM »
Sometimes they organize sales, special "Daily Deals" for 24 to 48 hours. Some parts of Ultra Lounge could still be put on sale during those special days. I think it happened at the beginning of July.

The 5000 pts set RaShCl is referring too is under Compilations on the store:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=12036&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:33702&pcategoryId=12926&ppcategoryId=12929

For customer support, try to send them a mail. Sometimes it works better. They are indeed a bit overworked  on the chat. Besides this, I think the chat is mostly US support, they limited in their actions for other parts of the world.

Edit: Ninja'd  ;)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
Thanks for the information and links about the Compilations.  I knew they had monthly compilations, but not the others.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

RaShCl

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:25:48 AM »

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the full set for 5,000 SimPoints.  I didn't find anything like that in my search.  

What I meant was that they now have the whole set of Ultra Lounge in 1 compilation set.  
Which costs 5000 sim points or in this case 50 Euros.  

Which I don't want to pay for only the Kitchen/bath set.  
And besides getting the whole set, buying it from the store 1 piece at the time is very frustrating,  
not to mention when you need to download it again.  

But you must agree that most of the time companies have only them self to blame  
especially EA.

Edit/

Didn't see you already had gotten the answer from other people about the compilation
so you can forget that. :P

I also did my best to get the spelling errors by means of the spell checker. At least it didn't gave me any red words this time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »
I also did my best to get the spelling errors by means of the spell checker. At least it didn't gave me any red words this time.

I still don't know what the problem is with the Spell Check on your end, but it missed several words.  I went ahead and corrected them for you.  I'll do that for you as much as I can on your other posts, as well.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything